Bury Football Club cashflow

That's the gamble. The prize is so big now that you could spend an awful lot of money and get nowhere near though. Even being a billionaire is nowt special in the Premiership now. If I was reach and wanted a vanity project I'd start about 8 levels down.

Ah, the Fleetwood model.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bournemouth had some rich Russian geezer backing them, the Bury bloke might have a few quid, but not I suspect to be bank rolling them to the level at which they have been spending. Alarmingly there's seems to be quite a large number of Latics fans on here who would like us to follow the Bury model.

Bollocks. Destined to fail having borrowed against the ground through a third party Company

• 2 weeks later...

Never ever wanted a club to go bust before but I cannot wait to see Bury crash and burn. How can a club not learn from mistakes made so recently?

Their wreckless running of the club will end in tears and a little part of me will enjoy seeing it happen.

I'll never enjoy seeing a club go bust. Chronic mismanagement is not the fault of the fans.

Not the fault of the fans but a lot of their fans are quick to give it out that they're this big club paying big bucks.

Obviously there are some Bury fans genuinely worried about the clubs future but having been to plenty of their home games when we've not been playing or playing away, I've seen for myself that a lot of their fans are absolute numpties that genuinely believe they're a bigger club than us and Dale combined.

• 9 months later...
On 19/05/2016 at 8:30 PM, ChaddySmoker said:

Bury have at long last filed their Accounts which show a loss of £3M for the year to 31st May 2015, in which they got promoted.

'May be significant doubt as to whether they can continue as a going concern.' per the Auditors

I dread to think what the Accounts will be like once they include the wages for Leon Clarke Chris Eagles and Tom Pope.Perhaps we will never see.

Given the wage bill for last season and this ....

WHO THE HELL IS BANKROLLING ALL THIS? :o

1 minute ago, Stagger Lee said:

Matt Chambers just tweeted

Not sustainable surely.

This kind of financial mismanagement irritates me.  Its essentially cheating.  Bury and Bolton are getting away with murder.  The FFP rules don't work do they.

Isn't it supposed to be capped at 60% of turnover for League 1?