Squad movements, summer 2016

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why? 2 league 1 teams who finished above us plus a league 2 team from the capital, with more financial clout?

and the 2nd part of your post :omg:

I'm sorry but Rochdale ever beating us to players should not ever be happening. They have stumbled upon a manager that works very well for them that is all.

As for the 2nd part of my post - he was a player that regularly sulked, played absolutely awfully until Shez came in and argued with the fans. He's an overrated prick.

I'm sorry but Rochdale ever beating us to players should not ever be happening. They have stumbled upon a manager that works very well for them that is all.

They own their own ground plus a social club and had a million in the bank. Apart from that yeah....................

As for the 2nd part of my post - he was a player that regularly sulked, played absolutely awfully until Shez came in and argued with the fans. He's an overrated prick.

I'd say he's a very good player and, therefore, an underperforming prick.

Where've you read that?

http://www.nottinghampost.com/notts-county-waiting-to-see-if-jonathan-forte-will-join-john-sheridan-revolution/story-29463353-detail/story.html

Matt Chambers has just retweeted a NP journalist saying that the deal has been agreed, subject to a medical.

I'm not sure that makes it a done deal, given past history...

A half fit Forte is better than a lot of the crap we have had over recent years! If it wasn't for his brilliant initial form, we wouldn't have expected much from him. I have to thank him for his vital assists in the run in last year.

I'm not too fussed about Forte. Will demand a decent wage, unreliable on fitness and maintaining his goal ratio to justify his wage would be questionable.

In fact a completely new regime with almost a full playing budget to build a squad excites me more. Yes we had some decent players last season we would like to keep but we were where we were in the table for a reason - unreliable and ineffective players.

Gerrard would be one of a very small number of players from last term that I'd secure within reason but from his Twitter feed, his future lies elsewhere unless there's no takers again and he signs for us. Yes we'd be last resort but he's still reliable at the back.

Dieng the other.

The wages bill will have been low recently.

Helpful for the old coffers

Will people stop quoting that incorrect fact. Contracts run to 30th June, then on 1st/2nd July Forte, Poleon followed by others sign for other clubs.

Edited by ChaddySmoker