Well done Leicester

Alan Young and Tommy Wright. Still, bad move Tommy.

Great season. Despite all the attempts to concentrate wealth and resources into a few big clubs, the PL has been won by a medium sized club that has not been subsidised. The PL will also have Watford, Palace, Stoke WBA, Swansea and Bournemouth, as well as Burnley. The Championship will have Leeds, possibly Sheff. Wed and maybe Newcastle and Sunderland, joined by Burton.

That's more like it. Football bites back.

.....and Tommy Wright. Still, bad move.

He did it twice IIRC.... Left us for Leicester in 1989 just before 'pinch me' and promotion to the top flight..... Then jumped ship to Middlesbrough for their first season in the Premier League, only to be relegated as Leicester were getting promoted. I wasn't at all surprised when he left for the 4th time to go to Barnsley with Johnson.

Edited by lookersstandandy

Disgraceful that Gary Lineker is jumping on the back of Leicester's success after he's been so disloyal to them in the past. Why he couldn't stay to win trophies with them but instead went chasing money, I don't know. His plaudits seem very hollow to me.

Disgraceful that Gary Lineker is jumping on the back of Leicester's success after he's been so disloyal to them in the past. Why he couldn't stay to win trophies with them but instead went chasing money, I don't know. His plaudits seem very hollow to me.

He made his debut for Leicester against Latics on New Year's Day 1979.

3260688129_433e96c15c.jpg

Seven years ago,when Burton Albion were still in the Conference, who would have thought what would happen this season?

In the seven years since that run of games:

Leicester have won League One, Championship and Premier League and lost twice in the Championship playoffs.

Swindon have been relegated once, won League Two and lost three times in the League One playoffs.

Stockport have been relegated three times.

Latics have finished between 10th and 19th in League One on all seven occasions.

Give over. He's been a Leicester supporter all his life, season ticket holder as a kid.

Was he bandwagon jumping when he helped pull them out of administration in 2002?

It was on the cards at one time Latics could have bought Jamie Vardy and Lee Gregory from Halifax, a £30,000 fee is a lot though I suppose if money is tight, you have to work within your budget and can't win them all..