• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok a win but I just can't see how we are ever going to compete with France et al. Hart is bang average, sterling is a disaster. We are the national version of Spurs. Not up to it when if matters. You can't quantify it, you can't explain it. Just missing that extra something. Not Roys fault. Probably the fault of the premier league in reality

Hart - average, arguably at fault for not saving Bale's free kick. Too wound up to concentrate. Replace him with Forster.

Walker - okay against Russia, okay again today. Would Clyne be any better?

Rose - okay.

Cahill - also average. But in that squad who'd replace him?

Smalling - okay.

Dier - okay, but nothing special.

Rooney - pains me to say it, but he's taking on that Beckham role as calm veteran slowing things down. Best passer in the team by a mile.

Alli - talented but tries too hard and gets wound up. Probably worth keeping in the team but he's not world class (yet).

Lallana - average. He's this generation's Stuart Ripley. Replace with someone.

Sterling - awful. Whether he's lost it temporarily or never had it, he shouldn't be in the team.

Kane - I don't believe he's a bad player, but he's not playing well so needs to be dropped.

I'd play:

(4-3-3) Forster; Walker/Clyne, Rose, Cahill, Smalling; Dier/Henderson, Rooney, Alli; Barkley, Sturridge, Vardy (not sure whether I'd put Vardy or Sturridge in the middle; probably Vardy)

Edited by Crusoe

Walker - okay against Russia, okay again today. Would Clyne be any better?

Cahill - also average. But in that squad who'd replace him?

Dier - okay, but nothing special.

Lallana - average. He's this generation's Stuart Ripley. Replace with someone.

Harsh as :censored:.

I see. just trying to unpick why we are :censored:e me ol' mate. No reason to get personal. Any idea why we are :censored:e? Need to look little deeper than 'we should have played 4-3-3'

Lack of tears, definitely a lack of tears. Gazza must be turning in his straitjacket.

I didn't say the defence were bad. Just okay. Walker played better against Russia. Hard to judge them much better when most of the game the Welsh were on the back foot.

Lallana is average. He's fine as a Premier League player. I just don't see that he is really international class. Happy for him to prove me wrong.

Edit - reading a few match reports and ratings I think maybe I was a bit harsh on Walker, Dier and Lallana. Guess my pundit career is on hold.

Edited by Crusoe

I see. just trying to unpick why we are :censored:e me ol' mate. No reason to get personal. Any idea why we are :censored:e? Need to look little deeper than 'we should have played 4-3-3'

Didn't think we were :censored:e at all, in either game. Thought Roy let us down with an unnecessary defensive sub against Russia. Then today it was a blunder for their goal but other than that we totally dominated and created a few chances against a parked bus. This time Roy got his subs right and they stepped up. When you look at the other teams in the tournament there are no real stand outs, no one has won a game by more than 2 yet have they? Virtually all the games are close.

I don't think we'll get past the quarters but that's just me thinking pessimistic... "typical England" etc. Wouldn't be surprised if neutrals in other countries watching on are actually quite impressed by us.