The OWTB Prediction League - Sign up now!

It's that time again. That time when we're full of hope that this season is the one; that's it's all going to come together and that, by late spring next year, the champagne corks will be popping...

That's right, it's time to see if you've got what it takes to become the OWTB Prediction League Champion 2016/17.

New (and old!) players are more than welcome - even 24hoursfromtulsehill. Entry costs £10 and by taking part, you'll be in with a chance of winning a cash prize and you'll also be helping PlayerShare and Dr Kershaw's Hospice. It also makes the season slightly more interesting if (when?) Latics are languishing in the bottom half of the table.

Further details in this link - http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/48815-the-owtb-prediction-league-201617/

:chubb:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't endorse this enough. I only joined a couple of seasons ago having never really paid it any attention before. Its simple, allows for fun banter amongst supporters and is fun when you meet fellow 'Predictors' at games. It doesn't require you to sell your soul and watch any Premier League football, only follow the team you all love.

The more the merrier. We had 33 take part in the Subscription League last season, although some fell by the wayside part way through and didn't bother any more. You know who you are and it won't be tolerated, so there.

There's always banter between predictors, so a sense of humour helps. As does taking the piss out of yourself as well. As lookersstandandy says, you meet up with other predictors at games and get to know each other. The downside is that you may bump into 24hoursfromtulsehill, but he's ok deep down. So, come one, give it a go and earn some dosh for yourself, Playershare and Dr Kershaw's.

Ideally, to be as factually correct as possible, I'd like to see 44 take part, so that we have a Premier League and Championship with play-offs at the end of the season to determine who goes where for the following season. Giving up half way through only goes one way. Relegation. Plus the stigma of not cutting it at the highest level of the predicting world.

Did latics for life benefit from this at one point?

Might rejoin the league this year, if I can keep my concentration for a full season!

It did but I switched its share to Dr Kershaw's last season. I'm not sure whether Latics4Life is still going.

I joined this last season and totally forgot to send my predictions in every week, although enjoyed it for the 3 weeks I took part! I'd be tempted again but feel id end up doing something similar

:redcard:And that's BEFORE the season starts.

It did but I switched its share to Dr Kershaw's last season. I'm not sure whether Latics4Life is still going.

Hi Steve, Simon Brooke is on the case with regards to keeping latics4life going via the trust and has some ideas in the melting pot. I'm sure he will be announcing something quite soon. Cheers

I joined this last season and totally forgot to send my predictions in every week, although enjoyed it for the 3 weeks I took part! I'd be tempted again but feel id end up doing something similar

...the new promotion & relegation rules I think will help keep you interested this season.... get involved and encourage your friends..... :)

...the new promotion & relegation rules I think will help keep you interested this season.... get involved and encourage your friends..... :)

Quick reminder. Let's see if we can hit the 44 this season. And then some.

I wonder if we can offer lookersstandandy a contract as Director of Prediction Football a la O'Driscoll,but it's an unpaid post and I've no idea what he would do. Apart from helping to wind up 24hoursfromtulsehill. Which isn't an entirely bad thing. :)

Edited by Bristolatic

We've got 16 players so far, but we need plenty more to make it a success. The more that join, the more the prize money increases, the more Playershare and Dr Kershaw's benefit. Let's see if we can hit that 44 player target. Less than a fortnight to go, so why not give it a bash?

It's all in here: http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/48815-the-owtb-prediction-league-201617/

If anyone else has paid up since yesterday, I can't see it as Stevie_J is away, so the number of players won't be updated this week, but you can always post in this thread so I can see how it's progressing.

Do you consider yourself a realist, who always/often predicts the outcome the day's events, especially once you've seen the line up? Typical Latics!

Do other Latics fans tell you that a glass half full is better than half empty and to stop being so negative?

Have you and a friend debated who is the better player and who is likely to score first today?

Are your mates always telling you that you are the eternal optimist and the only one who can foresee an away win at top of the league?

Do you think we always perform better against the good teams and lose to the rubbish ones?

En route to the ground, have you ever said, I reckon we'll take nearly 1,000 today or I bet Bury and Dale bring less to BP than we take to their place?

If so, the OWTB Prediction League is the ideal way to sort out who is the Don and who is the Donkey when it comes to supporting your team.

£10 to enter and be the one amongst your mates who scores the most points and finishes highest in the League when predicting Latics' fortunes.

If you're any good you may also win some money, at the same time as helping out Playershare and Dr Kershaw's hospice.

http://www.owtb.co.u...-league-201617/

Edited by lookersstandandy

In a sense, the title is vacant, so I suppose every have-a-go-Henry will be thinking about having a dip. Sad to see the stick rattling the tin bucket so vigorously though. The competition used to sell itself.

You sound like Rick Holden trying to convince everyone that players were fitter when they used to drink 10 pints of Guinness a night.

You sound like Rick Holden trying to convince everyone that players were fitter when they used to drink 10 pints of Guinness a night.

Sure. I'm very old fashioned about predicting, having founded it.

Bit worried about the promise of "banter". Can we not shorten it to "Bantz" or, if it's really, really funny, "Epic Bantz".

Done

Well done, flower. Stevie_J has been popping in and out and has updated the player list. We're up to 21 now. Some of last season's players still to join in; let's see if we can at least double that.

Harrumph. I was going to add a very clever gif showing "You know it makes sense" a la Del Boy, but I forgot how to do it!

23 players signed up so far. Keep them coming. This is going to be the best prediction league season yet.

23 players of very dubious quality. With Dave Collinge no longer the force he was in the early years and the reigning champion retired, I think it'll be a slow-burning low scorer and a bit embarrassing to watch.

23 players of very dubious quality. With Dave Collinge no longer the force he was in the early years and the reigning champion retired, I think it'll be a slow-burning low scorer and a bit embarrassing to watch.

Yet intriguing, keep popping in to say hello wont you.