I presume the collapsed drain has been repaired before we got the state of the art turf technician in then, it won't matter a jot how the turf looks now if the pitch is unable to drain, it will look like a bog again before Christmas if we have any sort of :censored:ty weather.

Why?

As I say it might just be me ..........but for me the article has too many " so far". "for now" caveats. It takes about a number of issues...it talks about extreme challenge... it says we have a"better chance" ......nowhere does it say we have solved X with plan Y. For me it sounds like an article which says we know we had a problem and we have done this because we couldn't really afford the other options and fingers crossed it might work.

As I say it might just be me ..........but for me the article has too many " so far". "for now" caveats. It takes about a number of issues...it talks about extreme challenge... it says we have a"better chance" ......nowhere does it say we have solved X with plan Y. For me it sounds like an article which says we know we had a problem and we have done this because we couldn't really afford the other options and fingers crossed it might work.

Pretty much.

"We've given this a go because doing the full job is 20 times more expensive and this could actually make enough difference to be cost effective."

El Niño will be fading away so hopefully it will be good enough for a few more years.

We wont have a perfect pitch though.

Pretty much.

"We've given this a go because doing the full job is 20 times more expensive and this could actually make enough difference to be cost effective."

El Niño will be fading away so hopefully it will be good enough for a few more years.

Asset strippers, taking away our perfect pitch.

In fact, since it's been turf.

I wonder if the day will ever come around whereas the quality and standard of the artificial pitches is such that smaller non premier league teams can install one? I guess they'd need grants to get one, but the savings over the years/no missed games would be a bonus!

I wonder if the day will ever come around whereas the quality and standard of the artificial pitches is such that smaller non premier league teams can install one? I guess they'd need grants to get one, but the savings over the years/no missed games would be a bonus!

Next 10 years it will be common I reckon.

• 9 months later...
On Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 9:08 AM, yarddog73 said:

I presume the collapsed drain has been repaired before we got the state of the art turf technician in then, it won't matter a jot how the turf looks now if the pitch is unable to drain, it will look like a bog again before Christmas if we have any sort of shitty weather.

Oh well at least they are aware of it now.

On 28 July 2016 at 9:35 AM, opinions4u said:

Pretty much.

Yes, this is how it reads to me, too.

On 28 July 2016 at 3:10 PM, thetramfixer said:

Not sure. Artificial pitches are an absolute nightmare for old joint and tendon based injuries. Not too mention the beginnings of evidence linking them to cancer.

Oh, and the shit bounce.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Oh well at least they are aware of it now.

I find it astounding that something you were aware of last summer has only recently come to the attention of the ground staff. Unless the ground staff were aware of it but had their hands tied due to the state of the club's finances and had to seek a low budget solution.

11 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

I find it astounding that something you were aware of last summer has only recently come to the attention of the ground staff. Unless the ground staff were aware of it but had their hands tied due to the state of the club's finances and had to seek a low budget solution.

Course they were aware of it. Misinformation at its finest.