The referee thread 2016/17

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes this worse is the fact he gave them a soft penalty. Do the referees association review these decisions?

So he could be moved lower down the ladder or re-training.

Referee assessments should be published. Under the new guidelines you can sort of see why he gave theirs even though I think it's wrong. But how can the foul on McKay be anything but? The defender is so late there is either contact, and so a penalty, or there's no contact and McKay should be booked for an outrageous dive. It's an absolutely shocking decision!

Guest nonaenever

Very poor refereeing today. Must have been about 70/30 in their favour for decisions. Would love to see a video of what looked like a certain penalty for us first half. At 2-0 we would have gone on to close the game out, I`m sure.

Thanks for posting the video of our "penalty". It makes you feel physically sick - although Bradford "hammered" us in reality, if we had scored our penalty that wasn't given - at 2-0 it would have been a different game, I`m sure. With such a blatant ignoring of the obvious - you could be forgiven for suspecting corruption here.

Our midfield player collects 2 stupid yellow cards, our left back rips the shirt off an attacker, our manager picks a team that is going to be outnumbered in midfield, we pump the ball aimlessly into the box, we get pulled apart to the extent that the third goal scorer received the ball as the widest player but level with the post......yes I agree the ref was to blame

Our midfield player collects 2 stupid yellow cards, our left back rips the shirt off an attacker, our manager picks a team that is going to be outnumbered in midfield, we pump the ball aimlessly into the box, we get pulled apart to the extent that the third goal scorer received the ball as the widest player but level with the post......yes I agree the ref was to blame

No one is saying he was to be blame, but it would be nice to see a half-competent refereeing performance every now and again....

Clarke wrestled to the ground at 1-0...ref ignores it

He gives them a penalty for the same thing at 1-1

Clarke wrestled again to the ground at 1-2 down...ignores it again (and probably a further two times at least)

Game changing moments...

Jimmy Wagg said he never hears Cheeseman complain about referee's so for him to say what he said (I didn't hear it myself) tells you all you need to know about the refs performance....

It was probably one of the worst ref performances I've seen

That's a bit one sided. What about the bear hug on our striker in the 1st half. The Shrewsbury player who took our player out in front of the dugout....didn't even get booked! Yes, you made a couple of valid points, but you failed to mention a lot of injustice by one of the most amateur refs I have seen for a while....he was an disgraceful.