Scoreboard

I kind of wonder why one of the panels on each side could not be used as a score board.

Can't see why people have got so steamed up.  The opportunity arose to get these advertising boards and it was taken - nothing to do with the scoreboard.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, underdog said:

You know I have either had a revelation or I have gone mad...

these boards must be free....yes free, no deposit taken, no additional costing/pay them off, no maintenance fees too.

because if they the board of directors of OAFC approved this they have done so without consulting  of one of it's own board members, Simon Brooke.

Now correct me if I am wrong but if you are a director of a company then you have obliged to know the financial well being of that company. Do you think Simon Brooke would have approved of a scheme that has placed extra fiananical burden on our club? Bearing in mind for the last two months minimum, we have asked those questions with regards to costing and even planned revenue on these boards and been no met with no answers. As well as, where is the £27k? Is it wrong for a board of a company to go ahead without consultating one of it's directors?

no I must have lost the plot, it was just going to be a nice free of charge surprise for Simon, Trust and fans.

taxi for underdog you nice padded cell awaits....

So has Simon Brooke confirmed he was never consulted? Is this definitely the case? Think this is the sort of post kowenicki was on about yesterday. Stir the pot a little

8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So has Simon Brooke confirmed he was never consulted? Is this definitely the case? Think this is the sort of post kowenicki was on about yesterday. Stir the pot a little

Simon was at the minuted Trust meeting where we were told that a deposit and shipping had been paid, but that there were no revenue or cost forecasts. It's not speculation that he wasn't consulted.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

You know I have either had a revelation or I have gone mad...

these boards must be free....yes free, no deposit taken, no additional costing/pay them off, no maintenance fees too.

because if they the board of directors of OAFC approved this they have done so without consulting  of one of it's own board members, Simon Brooke.

Now correct me if I am wrong but if you are a director of a company then you have obliged to know the financial well being of that company. Do you think Simon Brooke would have approved of a scheme that has placed extra fiananical burden on our club? Bearing in mind for the last two months minimum, we have asked those questions with regards to costing and even planned revenue on these boards and been no met with no answers. As well as, where is the £27k? Is it wrong for a board of a company to go ahead without consultating one of it's directors?

no I must have lost the plot, it was just going to be a nice free of charge surprise for Simon, Trust and fans.

taxi for underdog you nice padded cell awaits....

Directors should know yes.  Its THEIR business to know.  How many directors are there?  Majority rules in most things. 

Not every director has to be involved in every decision and even if they are they don't all need to be in agreement.... that's not how it works.

26 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Simon was at the minuted Trust meeting where we were told that a deposit and shipping had been paid, but that there were no revenue or cost forecasts. It's not speculation that he wasn't consulted.

That's the sort of post that stirs shit up unnecessarily though. We've seen the minutes...

2 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

It says one of the first. I bet we're the first to only have it on 3 sides though :lol:

I'd say the opposite. I'm pretty sure most PL clubs only had on 3 sides until recently, as it's primarily for the TV cameras.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

That's the sort of post that stirs shit up unnecessarily though. We've seen the minutes...

McDuff have you never thought that perhaps your persistent refusal to accept that any criticism might be valid just hinders facts becoming known.

You seem to just take discussions round in circles. At certain times. one cannot defend the undefensable. 

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Directors should know yes.  Its THEIR business to know.  How many directors are there?  Majority rules in most things. 

Not every director has to be involved in every decision and even if they are they don't all need to be in agreement.... that's not how it works.

Yes. Like Moisley not knowing the minute detail of the deal for these boards - why would he if he wasn't involved in procuring them? 

22 minutes ago, jimsleftfoot said:

I'd say the opposite. I'm pretty sure most PL clubs only had on 3 sides until recently, as it's primarily for the TV cameras.

I was at City the other week and they definitely only have three sides with electronic hoardings 

33 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Yes. Like Moisley not knowing the minute detail of the deal for these boards - why would he if he wasn't involved in procuring them? 

Chief Executive Responsibilities - 

The responsibilities of an organisation's CEO are set by the organisation's board of directors or other authority, depending on the organisation's legal structure. They can be far-reaching or quite limited and are typically enshrined in a formal delegation of authority. Typically, responsibilities include decision maker on strategy and other key policy issues, leader, manager, and executor. The communicator role can involve speaking to the press and the rest of the outside world, as well as to the organisation's management and employees; the decision-making role involves high-level decisions about policy and strategy. As a leader of the company, the CEO/MD advises the board of directors, motivates employees, and drives change within the organisation. As a manager, the CEO/MD presides over the organisation's day-to-day operations. The term refers to the person who makes all the key decisions regarding the company, which includes all sectors and fields of the business, including operations, marketing, business development, finance, human resources, etc. 

50 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

McDuff have you never thought that perhaps your persistent refusal to accept that any criticism might be valid just hinders facts becoming known.

You seem to just take discussions round in circles. At certain times. one cannot defend the undefensable. 

How am I hindering the facts being known? What's indefensible?

Should the club be guessing which rumours will be started next and releasing statements before they're invented?

3 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

The responsibilities of an organisation's CEO are set by the organisation's board of directors or other authority, depending on the organisation's legal structure. They can be far-reaching or quite limited and are typically enshrined in a formal delegation of authority. Typically, responsibilities include decision maker on strategy and other key policy issues, leader, manager, and executor. The communicator role can involve speaking to the press and the rest of the outside world, as well as to the organisation's management and employees; the decision-making role involves high-level decisions about policy and strategy. As a leader of the company, the CEO/MD advises the board of directors, motivates employees, and drives change within the organisation. As a manager, the CEO/MD presides over the organisation's day-to-day operations. The term refers to the person who makes all the key decisions regarding the company, which includes all sectors and fields of the business, including operations, marketing, business development, finance, human resources, etc. 

Because that's how all businesses work.... Go of what a defintion is in a book / website. Who's to say corney doesn't make the key decisions etc. He owns the club after all. 

4 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Have you got a similar breakdown of the role of a Left back that we can show Jamie Reckord? 

8 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Because that's how all businesses work.... Go of what a defintion is in a book / website. Who's to say corney doesn't make the key decisions etc. He owns the club after all. 

Because it's good Corporate Governance. "The purpose of corporate governance is to facilitate effective, entrepreneurial and prudent management that can deliver the long-term success of the company."

Actually, maybe you're on to something.

10 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

Can of worms well and truly open! I suspect Mr Lee has funded them but if not, then this is a whole other level of shit from our board and serious serious questions will be asked.

As I've said previously, I like the perimeter boards and think they'll do us good, but the way they've gone about it is frankly appalling and has caused a divide with the fans.

I know you have ended up getting grief on Facebook and with everything you have done and continue to do for the club, that's not right.

Keep asking the questions underdog or we'll be the next Blackpool.

Cheers....I question my sanity everyday, but luckily there are other trust people with cooler heads

14 minutes ago, LaticsLen said:

we're getting both fancy electronic boards and a scoreboard, what's the fuss?

Yes we have the perimeter boards, cost to the club unknown, deposit paid but Unknown, maintenance cost unknown and possible incoming revenue projections, unknown

scoreboard, well after 3/4 months of the trust pushing the club/corney for an answer and issuing a sabre rattling stament, that they have confirmed money is safe (yet unconfirmed), yes we are getting one, but no confirmed date or even, what we are getting at what extra cost to the £27k raised.

so yes it's good news but at what unconfirmed cost and with a WUP order and loan taken out in Feb can we afford them both.

i sure the club will come out with a follow up statement and keep us posted 

20 minutes ago, underdog said:

Yes we have the perimeter boards, cost to the club unknown, deposit paid but Unknown, maintenance cost unknown and possible incoming revenue projections, unknown

scoreboard, well after 3/4 months of the trust pushing the club/corney for an answer and issuing a sabre rattling stament, that they have confirmed money is safe (yet unconfirmed), yes we are getting one, but no confirmed date or even, what we are getting at what extra cost to the £27k raised.

so yes it's good news but at what unconfirmed cost and with a WUP order and loan taken out in Feb can we afford them both.

i sure the club will come out with a follow up statement and keep us posted 

Underdog, do you know at all what research was undertaken before the trust reset the target at 27k?

How was it decided that this would be enough for a new scoreboard? All the information we're getting now suggests that it's far from enough.

I'm not pointing fingers at anybody but the whole thing seems to have been very poorly managed. At this point they'd surely just be better off refunding everybody and putting an end to it all.

Either that or just buy what we can afford. Personally, I'd love something old school, similar to the previous one. We no longer need a screen for advertising.

Edited by dec666

24 minutes ago, dec666 said:

Underdog, do you know at all what research was undertaken before the trust reset the target at 27k?

How was it decided that this would be enough for a new scoreboard? All the information we're getting now suggests that it's far from enough.

I'm not pointing fingers at anybody but the whole thing seems to have been very poorly managed. At this point they'd surely just be better off refunding everybody and putting an end to it all.

Either that or just buy what we can afford. Personally, I'd love something old school, similar to the previous one. We no longer need a screen for advertising.

Hello dec666, hand on heart I don't honestly know as I was not part of the re-negotiation when the trust was asked to get involved.  

I will try and find out more for you, maybe LL and Jorvik may know if they pick up on this.

I think off the top of my head, it was planned to go in the north stand corner, chaddy end side angled and could be seen more or less from all three home stands. I do remember checking out if it could be seen so to speak at the top of the Frizzell stand as the roof is quite low there and it seemed okay. 

Underdog, have the club/trust looked into the possibility of buying a cheaper second hand scoreboard from a club redeveloping their ground or moving to a new stadium? Rather than purchasing an expensive all singing all dancing brand new one or a cheaper limited brand new one.

24 minutes ago, johnafoafc said:

Underdog, have the club/trust looked into the possibility of buying a cheaper second hand scoreboard from a club redeveloping their ground or moving to a new stadium? Rather than purchasing an expensive all singing all dancing brand new one or a cheaper limited brand new one.

Hello john . It was a fan funded scheme between Tifosy and club, the fans where vetted and asked what they would like to Raise monies for and it was a scoreboard. 

Once the re-negotiated target was met, Tifosy released the funds to the club. corney advised the trust pre Xmas that he could possible source us a better deal on one of his Chinese visits. 

So if the club so to speak, were not happy with what we could get or was hoping to get from a Chinese visit, then amaybe that should have considered that too, a second hand one and I would have hoped that if this was an option that the club would have contact Tifosy, trust and donors to discuss it too

I think an earlier poster may have mentioned maybe one for sale, so you never know.

you could always suggest it