Scoreboard

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

£22k via Tifosy, not sure what the total cost was.

Dear OAFC, please look at the scoreboard above. Any chance you can vet the fans whose money you still have to see if they want a scoreboard still, or would like another fan funded initiative, or a refund. Cheers

im sure an earlier poster had said that they had done some research and the money raised was good enough for a basic board. Wonder what the measurements are and if something like this could be seen by us all too

If they've really not spent it, I think it would be better to transfer the fund over to the trust.

They could then give people the option of having their money back or it being spent on something else (e.g. playershare fund, JFS stand sign etc) .

Giving people 3 working days to claim their cash back over school holidays, suggests they're hoping not too many people take them up on the offer of a refund.

5 minutes ago, singe said:

The obvious question is what happens to the unclaimed money.

Probably safe to assume it's staying in the club coffers. If it wasn't they'd have said so in the statement.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

So the funds haven't been used and are still there

I took it to mean the exact opposite. Aren't they saying that they will find money from somewhere for refunds, hence no mention of the remainder?

15 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I took it to mean the exact opposite. Aren't they saying that they will find money from somewhere for refunds, hence no mention of the remainder?

Perhaps.  Not sure.

Now I have read it again, I agree.   Interesting that tifosy had an input.  Anyhow, get your cash back folks because this is a totally different outcome.

Edited by kowenicki

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

So the funds haven't been used and are still there and can be refunded.  Bit silly on the timescale mind.

The way I read that statement, having previously stated that the money raised for a scoreboard had not been diverted to the perimeter boards, on the back of some positive feedback, they seem now to be saying that in fact it was diverted but people can ask for a refund if they want.  Pretty ballsy to put a time limit on those refunds too.

One could speculate that they intended to use the money, as the Trust suggested, and only on the back of the Trust making fans aware and seeing the reaction that followed, they tried to make the Trust look stupid by claiming that was never the intention.  I'll take this Trust over Barry's version anyday.

Raising money for a cause and then not using that money on the cause is arguably criminal behaviour, it certainly is immoral.

I have my doubts on the rigidity of the deadline too, it's not the club's money, it never was, there will be a bit of common sense up to a point and if you want a refund you'll get one. However, if you wait too long, and that's probably more like May than the stated deadline, you may have to involve other methods than asking for it.

It's another massive own goal from the club though, especially given the back-tracking from a few weeks ago.

It also goes to show just how stupid it was to say that a new scoreboard was as important as they said it was. As quite frankly the new scoreboard wasn't really needed, as it's not like the advertising boards weren't being used when the scoreboard fund was launched.

51 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

The way I read that statement, having previously stated that the money raised for a scoreboard had not been diverted to the perimeter boards, on the back of some positive feedback, they seem now to be saying that in fact it was diverted but people can ask for a refund if they want.  Pretty ballsy to put a time limit on those refunds too.

One could speculate that they intended to use the money, as the Trust suggested, and only on the back of the Trust making fans aware and seeing the reaction that followed, they tried to make the Trust look stupid by claiming that was never the intention.  I'll take this Trust over Barry's version anyday.

See my post above yours. 

2 hours ago, bozman said:

If they've really not spent it, I think it would be better to transfer the fund over to the trust.

They could then give people the option of having their money back or it being spent on something else (e.g. playershare fund, JFS stand sign etc) .

Giving people 3 working days to claim their cash back over school holidays, suggests they're hoping not too many people take them up on the offer of a refund.

Funny you should mention the handing over the money to the trust.

We did discuss this in our meeting this week and once we have stablished the monies was safe in an account (bearing in mind the WUP  and what can happen after the 8th May hearing) and still haven't yet confirm it is safe still.

we was then going to ask the club to handover the money to the trust as it's fans money to decide what to do with it not the clubs. We then wanted to vet the fans to say what you wanted to do with the monies, it could have been other fan funded initiatives, refunds etc

This reads to me as come and get your money by this date or we are keeping it without saying what they would keep it for...on other words in my mind, thanks for your contribution we done what we wanted 

personally, I am curious how have they captured fans feedback on this outcome. Anyone had an email? Saw an online survey on the official site for your feedback?  Been asked at the ground when it was launched what you thought of the boards and happy for these instead of the scoreboard.

i would strongly advise you to get your refund if you are not happy with the alternative permiter boarding, and those that are happy maybe you should ask what your money has been spent on...deposit for these boards? Or keeping it for something else

Edited by underdog

Making it difficult for fans to obtain a refund is out of order :

- small timescale during Easter holidays

- having to collect in person adding to a fans 'shame' factor of requesting money back from the club 

Sounds like the club taking opportunity to hold onto as much of the cash as possible. 

It's like lending your mate £20 they have asked to borrow and then being told to go round to their house to ask for it back on a certain date. Stinks in my opinion and will make people think twice about offering money up again in the future, they can't keep biting the hand that feeds them. 

I prefer the boards... I much prefer them actually.  The scoreboard was contentious re placing, size and cost.

But it I would urge all fans to ask for a refund regardless of their opinion on the boards. These  kinds of things are not for fans to fund.