Scoreboard

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I don't know the shareholding breakdown and I don't know the full director situation.  But from my understanding, yes, for all intents and purposes Corney owns the club and can act pretty much as he pleases on most matters.  I am not saying that is correct or proper, I'm simply saying he can.

Of course he can and he does. I fail to see why anyone offering a Scoreboard contribution didnt see the possibility of losing their money.

The annual rush to buy next seasons tickets at the cheapest price yet again leaves the club spending next seasons money to cover this years costs.

The club has form for paying for what it wants when it wants if it wants until compelled to settle by court action. Here we go again on the Merry Go Round.

Guest davidshaw
11 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Damn right. Another clown that's ignorant of the shit tricks our "leader" pulls (actually, more that he even admits he does not care about the inner workings of the club)  

boundary - you clearly have passion - and good on you for that - if you learn to channel that passion correctly, you may go far. Regarding your comments in brackets; I go to the Coliseum theatre quite regularly to watch plays (a cracker about Latics lately). I pay my money - enjoy the show and don't worry about the inner workings - I trust those who run it to run it. My favourite all time pub was run very well indeed and I used to buy its beer. Then, because not enough people attended the establishment to but its beer and food, it closed down (despite being run very well). No cashflow - no business. That's the way it is you see - we fans choose to pay to go and watch Latics (or not) - providing enough of us do - they will be okay - if we don't - they won't - it's not actually complicated. Let the directors run it because, trust me, no matter your protestations it will not make a jot of difference. Fans CAN have some influence - providing there are enough of them paying and they are united in our approach. We aren't and nobody more than me would love to see a successful and flourishing Trust - honestly. I just think it needs a change of direction.

15 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Do you mean people like you who didnt bother going, sunshine? 

Hang on smoker I'm sure Mcfluff posted that he was going and was he not privvy to the questions going to be asked before the meeting so I think you may be wrong there. I'm sure Mcfluff will put you right.

1 hour ago, Stagger Lee said:

Hang on smoker I'm sure Mcfluff posted that he was going and was he not privvy to the questions going to be asked before the meeting so I think you may be wrong there. I'm sure Mcfluff will put you right.

1 hour ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Do you mean people like you who didnt bother going, sunshine? 

Obviously what I said was aimed at those who didn't go yet complained about it. I specifically said that.

I couldn't go in the end as I was north of the wall for work, yet I didn't complain a at how it was run or the questions asked so your point is irrelevant 

2 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

Club have released a statement extending the opportunity to collect monies up to the start of the new season. Fair play and thank you for listening. 

Let me repeat it isn't their money. Refunds will be granted after the deadline, but it may take legal action to get one.

However, having realised what a balls-up they have made by giving such a short deadline, they are at least quick to fix their mistake.

7 hours ago, opinions4u said:

Quite a few likes for his new project.

Project "Stay clear of the petty claptrap peddled on OWTB " and enjoy beating Bolton with 10 men.

Who can blame him,he only wanted to help us fans understand what was going on better.

Good news, club have made a recent statement to say they have extended the refund period and you must ask for it back by the start of next season (see official site).

Sorry blue, I didn't see you had posted the info before me cheers.

Edited by underdog
Acknowledge to Blue Guru

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Let me repeat it isn't their money. Refunds will be granted after the deadline, but it may take legal action to get one.

However, having realised what a balls-up they have made by giving such a short deadline, they are at least quick to fix their mistake.

Yes I get that but realistically it's now a big enough window that anyone that wants it back can get it, whereas previously it wasn't. 

Good that this has been revised.

We are back in statements about statements territory again though. 

Leta hope this enables a line to be drawn under it, we focus on securing  safety then a decent charge up the league next season. 

On 4/14/2017 at 10:59 AM, davidshaw said:

I have no idea how the rift has come about

I do. The figurehead of the Trust for nigh on a decade was putting his own agenda (of ligging, feathering his own nest, that kind of thing) before that of the Trust until it got to the point where any kind of power the Trust held effectively withered away.

11 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

Project "Stay clear of the petty claptrap peddled on OWTB " and enjoy beating Bolton with 10 men.

Who can blame him,he only wanted to help us fans understand what was going on better.

I'll make my point clearer.  Davidshaw writes in exactly the same manner as Nonanever, the guy who met Corney, forgot the camera, fed back a few titbits then threw and apparent hissy fit and disappeared.  If I was a betting man I'd say they were one and the same person.  Feel free to read the style of posting and draw your own conclusion.

Taking the leap of faith that I'm right, and I can only state it as a perspective of mine and it might not be a fact, the new project is to sway opinion on this message board to suit the agenda of the club owner.  Lordy knows what the original agenda of "I'm good on PowerPoint, work for a bank and will liaise with Corney to feed you a positive PR exercise" was about.

I don't represent the Trust.  I'm just a bloke who is saying what he sees and feels.  

3 hours ago, opinions4u said:

I'll make my point clearer.  Davidshaw writes in exactly the same manner as Nonanever, the guy who met Corney, forgot the camera, fed back a few titbits then threw and apparent hissy fit and disappeared.  If I was a betting man I'd say they were one and the same person.  Feel free to read the style of posting and draw your own conclusion.

Taking the leap of faith that I'm right, and I can only state it as a perspective of mine and it might not be a fact, the new project is to sway opinion on this message board to suit the agenda of the club owner.  Lordy knows what the original agenda of "I'm good on PowerPoint, work for a bank and will liaise with Corney to feed you a positive PR exercise" was about.

I don't represent the Trust.  I'm just a bloke who is saying what he sees and feels.  

Are you a member of the trust?

Edited by kowenicki

22 hours ago, davidshaw said:

I trust those who run it to run it. 

What would it take to break your trust?  I am miles away from those who think that Corney is the root of all evil but the series of desperate decisions over the last three years in particular coupled with the amateurish approach to so many basics that would not cost a fortune has certainly broken mine.

3 hours ago, opinions4u said:

Ladies and gentlemen, today's conspiracy theory