Scoreboard

1 hour ago, underdog said:

In my opinion NNN had good intentions as did everyone else that went to that meeting and took time to log questions in advance and type up meeting notes too regardless of the outcome. It's effort and it can take  a Lot out of you.

If he/she feels they can no longer post under their original name but still want to participate then who are we to Critised that unless their is an underlining agenda.

i am happy to say this is me...some may not feel that comfortable but a healthy respect and in my mind, non name calling should be minimum baseline for us all I think.

+1 Underdog lets get rid of the key board warriors who never turn up,always an excuse.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, underdog said:

In my opinion NNN had good intentions as did everyone else that went to that meeting and took time to log questions in advance and type up meeting notes too regardless of the outcome. It's effort and it can take  a Lot out of you.

If he/she feels they can no longer post under their original name but still want to participate then who are we to Critised that unless their is an underlining agenda.

i am happy to say this is me...some may not feel that comfortable but a healthy respect and in my mind, non name calling should be minimum baseline for us all I think.

Agreed. 

But what name calling did he get? 

To my mind he was given a very healthy respect, (I read so many thank you's)  and rightly so for was he and others were trying to do. 

The points raised at the time, where if anything sympathising with the situation he found himself in. Having to balance what he could and couldn't ask. No video. When it didn't quite go to plan, he then IMO took that very personally. When it had nothing to do with him, the frustration was clearly with the chairman. 

The idea that we turned on him, or he had cause to leave is ludicrous. 

53 minutes ago, chris_ktf said:

Agreed. 

To my mind he was given a very healthy respect, (I read so many thank you's)  and rightly so for was he and others were trying to do. 

The points raised at the time, where if anything sympathising with the situation he found himself in. Having to balance what he could and couldn't ask. No video. When it didn't quite go to plan, he then IMO took that very personally. When it had nothing to do with him, the frustration was clearly with the chairman. 

Plenty of people had a go at the way he went about it. Read back through it

8 hours ago, chris_ktf said:

Agreed. 

Agreed.

At the start he seemed to know what he was doing and had good intentions. At the end he was (to borrow an excellent example of word usage) seduced by Corney, as many many people have been before and will be again.

It was highly embarrassing to see and possibly, following some introspection, the reason for the name change.

7 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Plenty of people had a go at the way he went about it. Read back through it

Not true. The critique came when his eyes misted over and the angle changed. It was thoroughly deserved, he wasted a lot of peoples time.

14 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Corney "supporters" are getting that thin on the ground these days they have to set up duplicate usernames to post under ?

If you disagree with some of the hyperbole and, more bluntly, utter shite posted on here they you are a Corney supporter?

Either with us or against us?   Didn't realise we had to pick sides.

Quote from today's chron and Tifosy

"The company also confirmed to the Chronicle it is their understanding that the £22,835 raised for a new scoreboard - short of what was needed for the cost of buying and installing a big screen - has been used to help purchase the club's new perimeter LED advertising boards.

"We understand that the money has been used to acquire perimeter LED advertising boards, one of whose functions is actually to display the score and time in the manner of a scoreboard," Tifosy's statement reads.

the Club have used the fans money for the deposit on these boards, without consulting the Fans first on what to do with your contribution, or trust

Now, I will presume these boards had to be ordered and shipped in from wherever (china?) so the money was used as deposit several weeks if not, months beforehand.

your kind donation was not only to help the club, but your trust and future fan funded schemes. There has been no confirmation that any will go ahead.

There's is time to get your refund

Edited by underdog

23 minutes ago, underdog said:

Quote from today's chron and Tifosy

"The company also confirmed to the Chronicle it is their understanding that the £22,835 raised for a new scoreboard - short of what was needed for the cost of buying and installing a big screen - has been used to help purchase the club's new perimeter LED advertising boards.

"We understand that the money has been used to acquire perimeter LED advertising boards, one of whose functions is actually to display the score and time in the manner of a scoreboard," Tifosy's statement reads.

the Club have used the fans money for the deposit on these boards, without consulting the Fans first on what to do with your contribution, or trust

Now, I will presume these boards had to be ordered and shipped in from wherever (china?) so the money was used as deposit several weeks if not, months beforehand.

your kind donation was not only to help the club, but your trust and future fan funded schemes. There has been no confirmation that any will go ahead.

There's is time to get your refund

I think the boarding is miles better that a scoreboard. Looks so much more professional. Apart from highlights what does it not give us that a scoreboard would?? Can't think of anything myself. 

Fair play to corney on this one for thinking outside the box. 

Edited by adamoafc

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

I think the boarding is miles better that a scoreboard. Looks so much more professional. Apart from highlights what does it not give us that a scoreboard would?? Can't think of anything myself. 

Fair play to corney on this one for thinking king outside the box. 

There are several unanswered question for me. Some  might be happy that there money has been absorbed by the club/Corney and they have  done what they wanted with it but the outcome they hope, is that revenue is for the club,

My questions are 

1. who owns them club or corney new company?

2. costing, if a deposit was paid how much is there true costing, maintenance over how long before any revenue is generated? All these questions the CEO could not answer in a feb trust meeting

3. monies generated where to be split between club and trust in a gentlemans agreement when the trust took it from the £9k raised, and extended the deadline too. the trust was to use the monies for war chest an d other fan funded initiatives. This seems to have now been dissolved

4. What happens to the unclaimed money? Are you happy that your club has spent it

already? Or would you prefer it to go on another fan funded initiative like signage for the Jimmy Frizzell stand.

this is your cash.

edit: doesn't this also contradict the original club statement that said the monies was NOT used and safe?

Edited by underdog
Contradiction of statements

18 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Fair play to corney on this one for thinking outside the box. 

I'd like both...

30 minutes ago, underdog said:

1. who owns them club or corney new company?

This was one concern I raised on twitter last week and got shot down for daring to question Corney.

Re where the income goes - businesses pay to sponsor Oldham Athletic Football Club. Not Oldham Athletic Football Club & LED Media Ltd. Income from them should be the clubs and only the clubs.

I wonder how many businesses would pass on sponsoring us knowing that only half (for example) of their cash is actually going to the football club?

13 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

This was one concern I raised on twitter last week and got shot down for daring to question Corney.

Re where the income goes - businesses pay to sponsor Oldham Athletic Football Club. Not Oldham Athletic Football Club & LED Media Ltd. Income from them should be the clubs and only the clubs.

I wonder how many businesses would pass on sponsoring us knowing that only half (for example) of their cash is actually going to the football club?

Makes you wonder how long we have them for too. Didn't some one post that we are possible on commission for other other clubs/venues to come and see them in place and purchase them?

I hope this is true and the club is getting the commission

Edited by underdog

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

Makes you wonder how long we have them for too. Didn't some one post that we are possible on commission for other other clubs/venues to come and see them in place and purchase them?

I hope this is true and the club is getting the commission

If he has spent our money on them to then sell to another club he can fuck off to jail now for me.

3 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

If he has spent our money on them to then sell to another club he can fuck off to jail now for me.

The trust have been pressing for answers for several months. Corney originally coming out with that he would source one from China when he was on tour, pre- Xmas, corney then coming out end of jan to say possibility of permitter boards instead and you can have a refund in the fans meeting.

CEO in a trust mid feb meeting was asked for clarification over the change, which he admitted to as well as confirmation that a deposit was paid but couldn't tell us how much, how much they were going to coast overall, maintenance cost and projected revenue for the club and fans could have a refund. The club was going to make a statement soon after that feb meeting

Several week later after no club statement, the trust made a decision towards the end of march to make it's own update for the fans that we could not make any guarantees with regards to the scoreboard and to stress to club to honour the scoreboard, ironically, just as the permitter boards were being installed

club came out a couple of days later to say the fans money was NOT used for the boards and you can have a refund still

today, the chronicle report that the fans scoreboard money WAS used.

If I was asked I would have said use my donation to pay the feb HMRC tax bill please and save the WUP being registered and a court date in May that will still go ahead.

just takes the Micky that fans good intentions/hard earned cash has been used without any consultation and still not confirmed...might NOT be going back to the club.

Makes you wonder if we are only being used to "sell" them and they could very well disappear as quickly as they come by the end of the season.

yes I am tad annoyed...however.....

As a fan and scoreboard donor and you still haven't bought your season ticket yet, why don't you ask for credit instead off next season ticket? I have and in some way, your additional pennies are going to the club at least. Just a thought

2 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Of course it does. If fans paid money towards something for the club and it's not owned by the club then that's not right. 

Refunds available to all if you want it.

They could be owned by 'the club' and the owner could still take as much or as little as he wants from them.

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

At the risk of coming over all McFluff, does it really matter?

I'd suggest it does as at worst it could be described as illegal and at best immoral, lets wait for the club to clarify before we decide whether it matters.

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Illegal in what way?

Like I said let's get clarification of who owns the boards, if they are owned by this new shoot off company you wouldn't see a problem with how the scoreboard funds have been used?

Even if a new business was set up by corney for the ownership of the boards, this does not mean that the revenue is not being put into back into the club. Given the financial situation of the club, corney may well be protecting the boards by putting them under a new business name. This meaning the assets are secure whilst putting the revenue generated from them into OAFC.