Scoreboard

10 hours ago, Andy-latic said:

Anyone been down to collect there refund yet? Planning on getting mine Saturday before the game, is it an easy process? 

In my case, I had already contacted the CEO and suggested a credit off a season ticket instead and they have honoured that without any proof from me I have to say.

my personal donation was the kickback from the season ticket refund from last year and I remember going to the club to arrange this and signing a OAFC form to say I was giving x amount to the scoreboard fund. I am presuming the club minimum should have this info logged/the paper work

with regards to Tifosy and if you paying them , then I presume they will have evidence of your payment too, but I would try and dig something out to say how much you have donated, otherwise it's going to be bloody difficult for the club to know who paid what and a free for all. Don't know if there were any cash donations at the Tifosy launch at all.

Hope you get your cash back

The trust will actively push for any non-claimed monies be transferred to the trust for safe keeping and you the fans can decide what to do with it.  In my opinion, minimum, it should be the previous scoreboard collection of about £1,200.00

Edited by underdog

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, leeslover said:

You aren't keen to put the whole story together Adam. I met Mr Corney in a meeting like yours many years ago, and it was exciting when he revealed secrets and so on. I felt like an insider.

I no longer take statements without evidence.

I recall you were delighted when the club released a statement saying that the funds remained in place. You must be able to see now that this can't have been true?

You are pleased that refunds are being offered. Do you recognise now that the money was long gone until the Trust and angry people who felt they had been fleeced clawed it back?

I don't feel I have an inside look at all. Every now and again I get info passed which tends to be good Info but nothing more. 

One thing I find amazing is fans of Oldham more than other clubs is they want to know the inside and out of every incident/ transfer/ loan. No other club does it like we do. 

The scoreboard scheme was good but given the choice I would be happy for my money to go into the perimeter boards as it's different and gives more professionalism. I appreciate the fans saying we paid for it but I'm not bothered who owns it aslong as the club benefits. Again fans will want to see something to say this but as corney has said before anything made on matchdays goes back to the club. 

For me if the money still wasn't there we wouldn't be offering refunds. 

Like I have said before the trust isn't doing its job. As a board the trust should have publicly challenged them on other issues before but didn't want to muddy the water and look where that has got them/us. Until the trust board 'publicly' challenge the club with statements nothing will change. Time for them or you if you are a trust board member to start your talking in the open rather than on here. 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Fair enough.

There won't be any statements on it because it is quite obvious from the setting up of the LED company what the intention is.

Big props to the Trust for kicking off about it, I hope they continue to push and probe on our behalf in these worrying times.

You're finally joining the dots!  :chubb:

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

Because it's something you don't agree with. Again because people have an opinion which a forum is for! 

Give over.

The money got spent paying for other stuff.

The refunds will come out of the season ticket money.

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

One thing I find amazing is fans of Oldham more than other clubs is they want to know the inside and out of every incident/ transfer/ loan. No other club does it like we do. 

Really? I would love to know how you come to that conclusion. I think you will find that there are a lot of fans of different clubs who take quite an interest in the dealings of their clubs. You should probably take a look at Charlton, Blackpool, Leyton Orient as three currently high profile clubs who's fans are taking a real interest at the moment. There are also strong fan groups at clubs such as Liverpool, Arsenal and them in Salford who closely monitor the way the clubs are being run. I don't think our fans are any different as a group than fans of other clubs. All will have some who show an interest in the running of the club and some who only care about 90 min on a Saturday as well as some who are somewhere inbetween.

Personally, whilst I do have an interest in the runnings of the club, I believe that we have a Trust who should be able to monitor that on my behalf. My major concern at the moment is that what I am hearing is that the Trust is being hampered in that, hence I am taking more of a personal interest.

It should never be forgotten that many of us were here through the Chris Moore era and will always have that at the back of our minds when asked to simply trust the custodians of the club blindly.

2 hours ago, adamoafc said:

I appreciate the fans saying we paid for it but I'm not bothered who owns it aslong as the club benefits.

The ownership of the fan-funded scheme has gone from the Trust, who I think are virtually guaranteed to put the money to the benefit of the club some way or another, to Simon Corney's affiliate business.

This puts into doubt where the money generated from the hoardings will go. The idea that fans will have contributed to a scheme whose profits might not go towards the club is disgusting.

I think the issue that yourself and some others are having is distinguishing between fans wanting to know specifically about this scheme, which should have been totally transparent, and those fans who, maybe unreasonably, want to know the day-to-day workings of the club. The latter has no relevance - they should not be grouped together.

3 hours ago, adamoafc said:

The scoreboard scheme was good but given the choice I would be happy for my money to go into the perimeter boards

Isn't one of the main gripes the fact that fans weren't given the choice?

2 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Thanks.

Just thought it was a lovely piece of Jackanory.

What do you want his name full address and bank statement to prove? With the way some people have reacted on here it's no surprise he or she wanted to remain anon. 

12 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

http://mobile.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/open-letter-from-supporter-regarding-scoreboard-fund-3686134.aspx

letter from a fan who has contributed a 3rd of the funds for the scoreboard/ perimeter boarding. 

What a pair of gullible mugs they both must be. If they exist that is.

The club have been asked to post this open letter from a supporter on the official website.

I, along with my wife, have been a fan of Oldham Athletic for over… we used to travel a great distance every week to watch our team play but we have now, fortunately, moved back north, much closer to Oldham. 

When the club started their campaign to raise money for the scoreboard, we were delighted and as always, wanting the best for our club. We donated approximately a third of the total funds raised. We did this quietly and anonymously as that is the way we like to do things

With the recent arrival of the perimeter boards, which more than satisfy our demands, we were called up by the club and asked how we wanted to arrange the transfer of our money back to us.

Without any hesitation, both my wife and I stated that we absolutely have no intention of wanting our money back and we would be delighted for the club to put this towards the perimeter boards or indeed any other cause that helps the club out. 

It saddens me to see so much negative talk regarding our club from our own fans, not just about the scoreboard but in truth anything and especially from people who should know better. 

Yes, I am not always happy with the decisions the club makes and yes they make mistakes but does any real fan seriously believe that the owner and boards intentions are anything but good. 

I would love nothing more than to see unity amongst us, the fans, because the only way any club can survive and go forward is if we stick together. 

Wishing everyone fellow fan all the best. 

Anonymous. 

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/open-letter-from-supporter-regarding-scoreboard-fund-3686134.aspx#6QOKcUxTwqZJOCKt.99

Edited by opinions4u

Just now, adamoafc said:

What do you want his name full address and bank statement to prove? With the way some people have reacted on here it's no surprise he or she wanted to remain anon. 

I'd love to know how long they spent coming up with this one. Bet it took ol' Bazza ages to write that and make sure there were no spelling mistakes. All throwing in ideas...hey, let's make them a long-distance fan coz that shows how dedicated they are. Let's make it that they stuck a huge amount in so they should be the most aggrieved out of anyone donating...it's textbook :lol: 

You really would believe it if they told you Elvis was still alive, Shergar was running in the 3.40pm at Kempton and the moon was made of cheese :chubb: