Scoreboard

29 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Don't get the relevance? Sorry, but what does this have to do with the behaviour of trust member on here?

Who is discrediting the actual Trust?  when?

Didn't see you commenting in this way regarding mowergate.  At least be consistent.

Did I actually quote you directly? You seem very sensitive to my comments but if the cap fits and all that.

With regards mowergate I was happy to believe nothing underhand had happened, unfortunately the crowd funded scoreboard and the whole sorry episode surrounding it stinks and the clubs response is so predictable, despite my polarised view of Corney I still have a pretty good idea of when he's attempting to take everyone for a mug.

Edited by yarddog73

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually wouldn't be surprised if this story had some truth in it. 

Nevertheless if those at the club wanted this story to go away then they shouldn't have published this letter they've just put more petrol on the fire.

I'd like some stability at this football club this summer. I fear another fire sale akin to last year or worse.

https://www.tifosy.com/de/campaigns/bring-matchdays-to-life-with-a-big-screen

"ALL money raised by the campaign will be ringfenced for fan initiaives and the screen ONLY, as determined by Trust Oldham"

Once refunds have been made then what's left over, including Mr and Mrs Anonymous generous contribution, should be handed to the Trust.

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Did I actually quote you directly? You seem very sensitive to my comments but if the cap fits and all that.

With regards mowergate I was happy to believe nothing underhand had happened, unfortunately the crowd funded scoreboard and the whole sorry episode surrounding it stinks and the clubs response is so predictable, despite my polarised view of Corney I still have a pretty good idea of when he's attemting to take everyone for a mug.

Im speaking generally. I haven't seen anyone say The Trust is at fault, just certain trust members' approaches over certain aspects. So your original post is inaccurate and just to cause trouble. 

1 hour ago, Forte_Baby said:

I haven't asked for my money back I donated at launch but like your say. It was a small amount think it was cash but may have been a debit a payment.

I honestly cannot remember.

I wonder how much have Tifosy 

made out this? Mentioned at the original meeting they where approached at the Soccerex convention.

Sure there services won't of been for free.

Then again this whole saga is making Lee Collect whole what happened to the Sponsored Dogs money look squeaky Clean.

Hello forte, the Tifosy site has a q and a and although it says we raised off the top of my head £22,800. The q and a says they do take a % as they do some promo with like the knowthescore video. The link light be somewhere in. This thread as I remember another poster asking about it too cheers.

edit. Opinions has posted it again just a couple of posts up less than 10% they take. Cheers opinions

Edited by underdog
Tifosy admin amendement

1 hour ago, jsslatic said:

The bit of the letter that said 'have been supporting since ........... we used to travel etc' has been replaced with 'for over 50 years'.

A million times this! 

It literally had a giant hole in it, because they didn't know how long this mystery person had been watching. At the very least this means the club participated in the creation of this letter. It wasn't a surprise to them, they manipulated or adapted what was given to meet their needs.  It's an embarrassment. 

13 minutes ago, Ackey said:

A million times this! 

It literally had a giant hole in it, because they didn't know how long this mystery person had been watching. At the very least this means the club participated in the creation of this letter. It wasn't a surprise to them, they manipulated or adapted what was given to meet their needs.  It's an embarrassment. 

It's mighty close to being part of a criminal deception.

Also, according to the tifosy website, the largest donation was £3200. A very generous amount, however it's much short of the supposed third of the total 23k that was allegedly donated by the couple who wrote this letter

https://www.tifosy.com/en/campaigns/bring-matchdays-to-life-with-a-big-screen#leaderboard

Unless they did this through multiple anonymous accounts / donations?

Following on from this afternoon’s open letter, the club have asked to post a second open letter on the club’s website.

Having never written an open letter before, we now find ourselves writing two in the same day. 

It is with great sadness that we note the response of some fellow fans regarding our earlier letter. It is actually hurtful that some people believe the club have contrived to mislead people on this subject. 

So much so we have decided, against our better judgment, to give up our anonymity and come out and prove that we are in fact the couple who made the largest donation to the club for the scoreboard. 

My name is Paul Snoddy and my wife is Jeni and between us we have been attending Oldham matches for over 50 years. As I mentioned earlier, we wanted no publicity for ourselves but instead want to help the club in any way. It is a well known and undeniable fact that the club loses money and if we can do our own small part, we are happy to help. 

Once again, we ask those that continue to try and find fault in everything the club does to better channel their energies in getting behind the team and being part of something we consider special. 

Should there still be any doubt, we will be at tomorrow’s match and sit in the North Stand, seats N64 and N65 and are always happy to talk anything Latics. 

Thank you 

Paul and Jeni 

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/second-open-letter-from-supporter-regarding-scoreboard-fund-3686598.aspx#2MLkWtXxE2Wsrwa3.99

Not actually sure of I'd be more pissed off if it was fabricated or not.

I'd like to think we don't have fans out there who can afford to be ripped off to the tune of £7000 and have the conceit to condescend those fans who gave much less but who probably still rent/mortgages to pay.

Edit - Maybe a bit harsh with the prior message

Edited by PlayItLivo

Fair play to them. Just waiting on the comments of must be corneys mates or likewise. Time for a few of you to hold your hands up on this one and apologise! 

A Few of you ridiculed me and a couple of others for believing it before why don't you go have a chat with the couple of Saturday? 

I haven't had a letter published. I feel left out.

This is getting very silly.

The club should either answer the salient questions directly, or keep a dignified silence. Using fans to attack other fans is petty and can't end well.

Only this club could manage to completely drown out any good feeling about what is looking likely to be a near-miraculous second half to the season and escape from relegation. 

Even an if you think the club are right and some fans are being unfair or unreasonable, you'd have to say that publicly arguing back is a pointless distraction at best.