Would you rather have...

Quite simple this one really - if we had a 20 per season striker in this squad, we'd probably be looking towards a play off place at the end of the season. As it is, without one, we will be bottom half for sure - and a couple of key injuries would see us in real trouble. We simply don't look like scoring - and I don't care if it's seen as moaning - it's a fact. The football's okay at present (and I mean just okay) but goals win games.

Peter Clarke is the difference between relegation and mid-table... A striker could have us even further up towards the top half of the table.

Problem is that Erwin and McKay are two runners, whereas we're in need of a poacher type down the middle to feed on their work.

Guest nonaenever

Peter Clarke is the difference between relegation and mid-table... A striker could have us even further up towards the top half of the table.

Problem is that Erwin and McKay are two runners, whereas we're in need of a poacher type down the middle to feed on their work.

Agree. Have seen every game this season (including pre season) - can't see McKay scoring many at all - reminds me of Paul Warne - all huff and puff but no end result. Got to try Osei with Erwin for a few games now.

Guest nonaenever

Did he ? Perhaps I'm not giving him enough credit - stats show he scored 18 league goals for us in 2 years and 3 months. Another site says 21 goals (league and cup) in 100 appearances.

Agree. Have seen every game this season (including pre season) - can't see McKay scoring many at all - reminds me of Paul Warne - all huff and puff but no end result. Got to try Osei with Erwin for a few games now.

Paul Warne was 100% effort every game , not huff and puff

His goals were a bonus

• 10 months later...
On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 8:15 PM, disjointed said:

Keeper everyday, think ripley could be a great loan signing for us, but Clarke is going to be the main reason we keep 20 clean sheets

Not a bad prediction to be fair from disjointed.

On 20/08/2016 at 6:49 PM, Monty Burns said:

A twenty goal per season striker, or a twenty clean sheet per season keeper?

If I wasn't on my phone this would probably be a(nother) poll!!!

With a shit team that might get relegated - the keeper.

With a decent looking team that could maybe, just maybe push for promotion - the striker. 

56 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Not a bad prediction to be fair from disjointed.

If you want predictions why not try the OWTB prediction league, playershare, Dr Kershaws benefit from all those wishing to be ridiculed. Have a look at the prediction league thread. (How was that Andy? do I get the gig) 

6 minutes ago, disjointed said:

If you want predictions why not try the OWTB prediction league, playershare, Dr Kershaws benefit from all those wishing to be ridiculed. Have a look at the prediction league thread. (How was that Andy? do I get the gig) 

It's excellent work. You beat me to it.... my angle was going to be, 'Youre right, he's not bad at predicting...'.

All you're short of is the link....

Edited by lookersstandandy

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

It's excellent work. You beat me to it.... my angle was going to be, 'Youre right, he's not bad at predicting...'.

All you're short of is the link....

Not bad at predicting? I make you look like a amateur. In fact I would go so far as to say, there aren't many better than myself.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Have you two ever considered that your schtick might be putting people off an otherwise good product?

I have yeah.... which is why the bulk of the content is confined to the thread it's intended for.... however a little bit of cross selling shouldn't do too much harm and no matter what, you'll never please/appeal to everyone. Point taken however, I'll continue to be mindful. Thanks. 

11 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

I have yeah.... which is why the bulk of the content is confined to the thread it's intended for.... however a little bit of cross selling shouldn't do too much harm and no matter what, you'll never please/appeal to everyone. Point taken however, I'll continue to be mindful. Thanks. 

:lol: