Robinson on Radio Manchester Tonight

Great work. Hey, why don't you tell me how what you "feel" will make the club a much better, like, sort of, thing. Hey it's all fluffy and nice in pretend world, where money doesn't matter. And like the next guy says, they are queuing up to throw money into the club without any return. Dream on sugar plum.

Or maybe it's £340k a year to repay £6m and takes 25 years.

You'll need £340k of profit btw, not just income.

Gee told us that rents will bring in £750-800k pa with around £250k going towards the club and the rest towards servicing the construction debt after costs.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crikey BP1960...did you have insider knowledge of an England youth side coming to BP or was that spooky coincidence?

Either way...would love to know the answer. It's not Latics related so I can't imagine OAFC would see a penny from it.

Could there be a Latics player in the squad?

Gee told us that rents will bring in £750-800k pa with around £250k going towards the club and the rest towards servicing the construction debt after costs.

That is as vague a financial statement as I have ever heard. It's like a Tony Blair election promise.

Q1 When

Q2 Who is the beneficiary of any and all leases

Q3 What is the club..... is it OAFC 2004 Ltd

Q4 To whom is the construction debt owed and via whom

Q5 What is meant by servicing

Q6 After costs means what costs and costs to whom?

And it was only verbally. Not worth the paper it wasnt written on.

Great work. Hey, why don't you tell me how what you "feel" will make the club a much better, like, sort of, thing. Hey it's all fluffy and nice in pretend world, where money doesn't matter. And like the next guy says, they are queuing up to throw money into the club without any return. Dream on sugar plum.

Or maybe it's £340k a year to repay £6m and takes 25 years.

You'll need £340k of profit btw, not just income.

Thanks for the business lesson and the insults. Enjoying this 'debate'. Your question was unanswerable. Shall I tell you why I used the word "feel" earlier? It's because I don't know the facts and I'm honest enough to say so. Do you know what the turnover of the OEC is?

I've got a question for you, one you should be able to answer without random guesswork, what are you doing about it? You're clearly very angry about this and believe the club you care about is being chronically mismanaged. So, other than pissing and moaning on the internet, what's the plan to bring about change?

Have you and other like minded business experts laid out your findings and questions and contacted Corney and asked for a meeting? Or contacted Simon Brooke and asked for a meeting with him and Corney?

Thanks for the business lesson and the insults. Enjoying this 'debate'. Your question was unanswerable. Shall I tell you why I used the word "feel" earlier? It's because I don't know the facts and I'm honest enough to say so. Do you know what the turnover of the OEC is?

I've got a question for you, one you should be able to answer without random guesswork, what are you doing about it? You're clearly very angry about this and believe the club you care about is being chronically mismanaged. So, other than pissing and moaning on the internet, what's the plan to bring about change?

Have you and other like minded business experts laid out your findings and questions and contacted Corney and asked for a meeting? Or contacted Simon Brooke and asked for a meeting with him and Corney?

You've clearly moved forward, now being able to take on board the lessons I've given you so far, but you're still struggling with a few things.

Firstly, I'm not angry, but I am concerned that the club has spent 20 years in the same division and attendances have declined throughout that time.

Other than that, yes, I have emailed the trust. The email came back as undeliverable.

I've said before - it was a conversation. The one where he said the budget had increased and everyone said it was bollocks.

It's good to get this, as it's the sort of info others have said we can never be told.

Is this actual current income or projections?

I've no recent knowledge of commercial rental rates, maybe others do, but those levels seem high given that the SD deal including naming is about £250k per annum. The gym will bring in another amount, but what else is currently coming in? OEC don't appear to be generating enough business to make profits to add another £250k

Also NZ, if you're not worried about the club, why are you so angry that I am?

Why do you feel the need to tell anyone whose concerns you don't agree with to shut up?

Do you not think you are worrying abit too much?

That truth you seem to be looking for might actually be quite boring? And that the north stand is neither a great money making machine for the club jet propelling us forwatd or a white elephant but something that makes the stadium nicer and helps the club in a small but sustainable way financially over a long period of time or is that story just to boring for you all.

It's good to get this, as it's the sort of info others have said we can never be told.

Is this actual current income or projections?

I've no recent knowledge of commercial rental rates, maybe others do, but those levels seem high given that the SD deal including naming is about £250k per annum. The gym will bring in another amount, but what else is currently coming in? OEC don't appear to be generating enough business to make profits to add another £250k

It's projections. There's 2 tenants lined up to take some (or all, not sure myself) of the empty space and of course there's the other bar (whenever that gets finished!).

That truth you seem to be looking for might actually be quite boring? And that the north stand is neither a great money making machine for the club jet propelling us forwatd or a white elephant but something that makes the stadium nicer and helps the club in a small but sustainable way financially over a long period of time or is that story just to boring for you all.

How are we actually doing as a club over the last 4 years?

Do you think it's all good?

I'd like to see some hope, because we are losing supporters every year and there's a risk that the club dwindles away.

Part of that requires secure finances and plans to move forward. The way the construction dragged (and still does) and the lack of completion (and un-used space) doesn't fill me with confidence.

SC has had enough and wants to sell the club. Gee was brought in to do that. The price is obviously too high.

The North Stand cost was £6.5M which is very expensive for something that is just pretty.

TTA will want from any buyer at least what they paid for the ground originally plus £6.5M.

Therefore we are stuck with Corney. Therefore we will continue downwards.

SC has had enough and wants to sell the club. Gee was brought in to do that. The price is obviously too high.

The North Stand cost was £6.5M which is very expensive for something that is just pretty.

TTA will want from any buyer at least what they paid for the ground originally plus £6.5M.

Go on the guesser.

So ChaddySmoker isn't taking anyone's bet on. There's a surprise. Enjoys slagging the club off too much

Are you moaning McDuff?

Bet365 wont give me odds on the final league placings of the 3 local clubs.

Betfair are emailing me back. I must remember to thank Latics Pete for coming up with these bets where I can make a killing.

Both bookies wouldnt offer odds on who is the most miserable you or I,

It's a lovely day outside today if you're not going to Coventry get yourselfs out in the garden or get yourself to a beer garden or take the missus out, or perhaps a local non league game.

I'm far more worried about the local cats :censored:ting in my front garden and the weeds in the back, than how much Corney is looking to sell the club for or the amount of rent the OEC pays.

Edited by GlossopLatic

All correct. Until the last sentence.

• 7 months later...
On 9/16/2016 at 5:30 PM, GlossopLatic said:

Even if the club did say something people will just draw their own conclusions.

Perhaps it's just a sign of the times in a world where Donald Trump might become a world leader people like to just make things up to suit their agendas.

C-CPgquXYAA0DjZ.jpg