The EFL Trophy

If Carlisle let Fleetwood win, they both go through.

Why aren't final group games played at the same time, open to abuse. Shocking competition.

Fleetwood played yesterday in the FA cup, which takes preference.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any other competition where final group stage games are not played at the same time? I can't think of any....

I have a feeling this years comp will be deemed a failure which in turn will kill it forever. I can't see it reverting back to its previous format.

So the fans who went last night who'd previously slagged their own fans off for attending a home game and contributing to the costs of running that would rather hand over their money to the Venkys?

No wonder the club's :censored:ed, I'm all for fans boycotting in principle but it's poor form when you boycott a home game but don't apply the same principle when we play one of these U23 teams, calling someone a scab is as derogatory as it gets, to then go and attend an away fixture after making such a stand is a little mystifying.

So the fans who went last night who'd previously slagged their own fans off for attending a home game and contributing to the costs of running that would rather hand over their money to the Venkys?

No wonder the club's :censored:ed, I'm all for fans boycotting in principle but it's poor form when you boycott a home game but don't apply the same principle when we play one of these U23 teams, calling someone a scab is as derogatory as it gets, to then go and attend an away fixture after making such a stand is a little mystifying.

Gate receipts will be shared

Ten percent of the invited teams gate receipts are put into a central pot to be distributed between the lower ranked teams so the monies involved are hardly life changing, 400 x £5 and that's being generous is £2000 so Rovers contribution will be no more than £200 which we will get a tiny percentage of as it's distributed across the board.

If Carlisle v Fleetwood goes to pens it will be the most meaningless shootout ever!

It would have some competition in this piss pot trophy. Chelsea won 13-12 on pens against Oxford last night, in the longest penalty shootout ever in English football. But Oxford were already through and Chelsea were already out before the shootout started.

Are you aware of any of the fans who went to Ewood last night who have also boycotted home games, or are you just making assumptions for the sake of a whinge?