What is he supposed to about mistakes like Banks'?

Banks cost us a 2nd goal but that defeat was not Banks fault!

We didn't score again and never looked like scoring from minute one. His tactics are absolutely inept and Southend dominated all over the park for 85 minutes. They outclassed us in every department and there was nobody up for the fight!

I don't care how long he had to put together this team. In league one all the players are much of a muchness. If you organise them well and have an actual game plan you can pick up points and sit in mid table at the very least.

The man is not up to the job! We can't afford 5 first team players in Januaryvwhich seems to be his only excuse, the window will change nothing with him in charge.

Robbo out! I'm going on the piss!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't legislate for mistakes like that, but you can at least set us up to have some attacking intent, we are after all the home team. We just rolled over today, not for the 1st time, SR is the most defensive manager ever, he has the same mentality as the N Ireland set up, I wouldn't mind so much if it works but it's not, and i'm sick of being bored to tears watching us at home. He was dealt a :censored: draw when he arrived, i would imagine he is regretting coming here, but he still picking this team and setting us up this way. The fans are really starting to turn now, i just can't see how he can turn this around.

In or out I don't care.

Can't relate to this side. Don't care about any of them. Don't clap when they come out, don't clap if they do something good, which happens so rarely. Don't feel sorry for them if they cock up and have their head in their hands. Don't care if they get an injury. Wouldn't care if they were all shipped out tomorrow morning.

Could count on one hand the number of times we even attempted a meaningful pass throughout the match.

This is exactly how I feel about Latics at the moment. Never have a enjoyed football less.

Our fans have always let the team know what they think during a game over the years, sometimes a bit OTT. Now even that doesn't happen. Nobody at the club seems arsed. From Top to bottom and it's passed onto the terraces now.

Not pick him for a start. He plays centre mid and touches the ball about 6 times a game, doesn't tackle, doesn't go up for headers, every shot he hits sails 60 yards over the bar. The bloke can't even take a free kick. He is not a footballer.

Not pick him for a start. He plays centre mid and touches the ball about 6 times a game, doesn't tackle, doesn't go up for headers, every shot he hits sails 60 yards over the bar. The bloke can't even take a free kick. He is not a footballer.

True. That free kick after about half an hour was close to hilarious.

He clearly has talent but every pass is as basic as it gets. Granted, his position is supposed to be that way to some extent, but you rarely see him try to cut one through to the striker's feet at all. The defensive element to his game is so weak too.

Just one of a team of safety-first players lacking urgency or expression. That is what accounts for the desire of fans to see Croft and Winchester play. Most times when either comes on they look for the ball and then a forward pass or run.

Guest nonaenever

That is what accounts for the desire of fans to see Croft and Winchester play. Most times when either comes on they look for the ball and then a forward pass or run.

This sorts of sums up how bad we've become. We are actually talking about Lee Croft and Carl Winchester as being our potential "saviours" effectively. Lord help us.

Guest nonaenever

Pay Conference wages you get Conference players.

Erwin, Mckay and Ladapo, for example, will definitely not be on Conference wages (nor Green, Flynn, Banks, Dummigan - you could go on). These were people Robinson wanted in for their "goals" - the manager is a joke and has to go.

Erwin, Mckay and Ladapo, for example, will definitely not be on Conference wages (nor Green, Flynn, Banks, Dummigan - you could go on). These were people Robinson wanted in for their "goals" - the manager is a joke and has to go.

These were people Robinson wanted in for their "goals"... from what few players were available when he got the job

Erwin, McKay and Ladapo are probably costing us peanuts and would all be gone for me even at that price, as for our contracted players I'd keep Clarke and at a push Flynn.

Banks and Green are truly shocking, for seasoned pros they are quite frankly an embarrassment and have been carried for weeks, that midfield is the worst in the football league and would get outplayed in non league most weeks, every now and then you get a decent half hour out of them, it's just not good enough, team and manager are well and truly out of their depth, you can blame who you want but it will take a monumental effort to turn this around.

And who the Feck do we get in to replace him!? Likewise who do we get to run the club that won't screw us over worse than corney? Simply breaks down to do you want a quick and painful death of the club or prolong it?

Quick & painful death? We've been slowly dying for the best part of 20 years. I'm starting to wonder where we would be as AFC Oldham if things went tits up in 2003 after Moore? Surely it would have been better looking upwards now rather than staring into the chasm of 4th division/non league football.

Quick & painful death? We've been slowly dying for the best part of 20 years. I'm starting to wonder where we would be as AFC Oldham if things went tits up in 2003 after Moore? Surely it would have been better looking upwards now rather than staring into the chasm of 4th division/non league football.

I think this way also at times like this. I suspect we'd be very close to where we are now..

And who the Feck do we get in to replace him!? Likewise who do we get to run the club that won't screw us over worse than corney? Simply breaks down to do you want a quick and painful death of the club or prolong it?

bang on Matt, sack robbo, who the :censored: can get these rejects playing, one person to blame for this totall :censored: up of a season an that's that cockney prick S corney

Steve eyre was interviewed the same day as robbo and didnt get the job. Didn't do too well at dale but always knows where our weaknesses lie when summarising. Wouldnt cost much, couldn't do any worse.

I'd post my season ticket back to the club smeared with :censored: if we got that useless :censored: in.....