• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Begs the question if they aren't capable of following instructions why play them? Reckord a prime example and Green obviously not fit.

People have been calling for Gerrard to be signed when he is half fit. Even not fully match fit Green should be able to cope with conference players. Although Banks managed to pull out of more tackles than ever before. The 3rd goal I think it was Reckord headed it out and Banks :censored: out horrendously. That was his ball to win.

The :censored:show at the moment is down to one man alone and it isn't Robinson.

It is an impossible job.

Last night was painful because it wasn't one of those where the higher ranked team don't turn up or don't fancy it. I fancy Lincoln are a better team than us and they're two divisions below.

That is the result of short term thinking off the pitch. Robinson might be making excuses but he's right and he's playing the :censored: hand he got (and signed up for).

Begs the question if they aren't capable of following instructions why play them? Reckord a prime example and Green obviously not fit.

But Reckord's instructions shouldn't have been to win headers against Rhead.

As bad as he was otherwise, to be fair to him that's a battle he was never going to win and shouldn't have been asked to fight.

The :censored:show at the moment is down to one man alone and it isn't Robinson.

It is an impossible job.

Last night was painful because it wasn't one of those where the higher ranked team don't turn up or don't fancy it. I fancy Lincoln are a better team than us and they're two divisions below.

That is the result of short term thinking off the pitch. Robinson might be making excuses but he's right and he's playing the :censored: hand he got (and signed up for).

It's a difficult job but not an impossible one.

People have been calling for Gerrard to be signed when he is half fit. Even not fully match fit Green should be able to cope with conference players. Although Banks managed to pull out of more tackles than ever before. The 3rd goal I think it was Reckord headed it out and Banks :censored: out horrendously. That was his ball to win.

Banks wasn't signed to tackle and wasn't selected last night to tackle.

What happened to the old tactic of a ball playing midfielder having others do his running and tackling?

Do you really think the ones he's talking about have been playing?

Because if they haven't it affects nothing. The players will already know if they're being kept on. The rest who don't know should be working their bollocks off in training to get it extended

Yes. He's said it in his post match interview. The likes of Reckord, Winchester, Ladapo...he's chosen to give THEM a chance in such a :censored:ing massive game and it's exploded massively in our faces.

PS I must admit I thought it was the game for Winny but not with Banks and no Fane alongside him. :censored:ing suicidal that!

What happened to the old tactic of a ball playing midfielder having others do his running and tackling?

No he wasn't signed to do a job of specifically tackling and breaking up play. Doesn't mean he's excused from doing so.

It's a difficult job but not an impossible one.

It's as damn close to impossible without being impossible then :wink:

He came in to a squad of 5 after other teams had recruited much of their squads. He has a budget low enough that our former manager, loved by this club and its fans, jumped ship for a team in the league below under a transfer embargo. He had to cobble a squad together quickly from those not already snapped up by other teams and then by the time they'd been properly assessed he wasn't allowed to bring anybody else in as the window had closed.

And that is why there are teams (or at least team) in the Conference who are better than us.

It's as damn close to impossible without being impossible then :wink:

He came in to a squad of 5 after a couple of teams had recruited some of their squads, some hadnt! He has a budget low enough that our former manager, loved by this club and its fans, jumped ship for a bigger wage at a team in the league below about to come out of a transfer embargo, turns out they lied to him lol. He had to cobble a squad together quickly from those not already snapped up by other teams and players fans got exited about when they signed like Flynn, Clarke & Green plus highly reccomended Burgess. By the time they'd been properly assessed he wasn't allowed to bring anybody else in as the window had closed which is the same for all clubs.

And those 14 days pre season that Robbo missed is reason why Lincoln, top of the Conference were better than us over a 90 minute period 4 months later.

fixed that for you :OASISscarf:

Edited by palmer1

Come on...there was no excuse to bottle out and allow a player to attack. All he had to do was get in the way. It was the most pathetic thing I have seen for a while. Edited by super_blue

As BB80 says you can't publicly broadcast the fact you'll be getting rid of quite a few of these lads come January and refer to many of them as "bodies" that we needed to get in. The lads who already know full well they're out should, instead, still be hopeful of a contract extension that SR already knows they're not going to get and pulling their tripe out in training & when called upon from the bench. To everyone's benefit.

And guess what - one or more of them might change his mind, Again, to everyones benefit.

Also, his incessant bleating about the budget & the transfer embargo (which he's now started trawling out) just gives everyone an excuse, not only him.

Players don't want to see their manager constantly playing the victim.

By all means moan and argue privately with Corney day in, day out about it but publicly take the Shez line - "the budget is what it is, you just get on with it".

I'm sure that was the polar opposite of what he was saying privately to Corney.

He's had 3 and a half months now to get us scoring and hasn't been able to do so, yet we've seen against Doncaster & last night that Mckay (as bad as he can be) can finish. Erwin is a good player and must have goals in him if used and supplied correctly. You have to assume that Ladapo isn't as god awful as he looks and that, again, he's not being used right.

Dunne should have been on Rhead last night which gives the impression Robbo hadn't done enough research to know that they put it on top of the full back rather than the CB for him to knock headers down. He was pissing about with a Q&A at the ground while Barraclough watched them wasn't he?

But even then, after the 3rd, 4th or 5th time of the blatantly obvious happening why didn't he bring Dunne on then? First half.

But, on that subject, why hasn't Clarke come in for any stick for not sorting Rhead out himself or getting a message to SR about what needed doing? Or the similarly experienced, vocal Green for that matter - why didn't he have a word? Have SR's leaders not let him down a bit there?

And is that the crux of the matter - players letting him down? Does he not command enough respect for his players to go out there wanting to do well for both themselves and for him?

I don't want him out. I like the bloke and I want him to get us doing well starting at Oxford on Saturday but I'm worried he's now embarked on the Dunn-esque "these players are :censored:, it's not my fault, Fergie or Mourinho couldn't sort this lot out" route..

Even if that's true the mark of a good manager is getting more out of a player or group of players than he rightfully should. Getting more out of them than the next manager, who he thinks he's better than, would. There's :censored: all he can do about it until January so he should roll his sleeves up between now and then and get on with it.

But he's starting to give the impression he doesn't really want to do that between now and January.

But is that because Corney's less likely to dig deep if we pick up some form between now and then? Is that the game that has to be played?

Constant bleating about budget & transfer embargo maybe he knows which players need changing & who he would like to bring in, promises initially made to him have not been kept & the financial situation behind the scenes is significantly worse than he had envisaged, maybe why Sheridan jumped ship also.

Just playing devils advocate.

Yes. He's said it in his post match interview. The likes of Reckord, Winchester, Ladapo...he's chosen to give THEM a chance in such a :censored:ing massive game and it's exploded massively in our faces.

PS I must admit I thought it was the game for Winny but not with Banks and no Fane alongside him. :censored:ing suicidal that!

To be fair I thought Winny was playing well but needed to be much further up the pitch, however, his suicidal intercepted pass effectively cost us the game. I'm not sure whether he's going to get another chance here unfortunately but he's contracted until May so I'd certainly play him in front of any of the short term loanees!

If we'd spent what money we had on one decent striker instead of alternating Erwin, Ladapo, and McKay every other week we'd have fared much better. This lot could be playing until April and still fail to 'click'.

What a thoroughly depressing time to be supporting this football club!

Constant bleating about budget & transfer embargo maybe he knows which players need changing & who he would like to bring in, promises initially made to him have not been kept & the financial situation behind the scenes is significantly worse than he had envisaged, maybe why Sheridan jumped ship also.

Just playing devils advocate.

But he shouldn't do it publicly. What's the point other than to try and make out "it's not my fault"?

And even with a better budget & no transfer embargo he can't sign anyone anyway.

But Reckord's instructions shouldn't have been to win headers against Rhead.

As bad as he was otherwise, to be fair to him that's a battle he was never going to win and shouldn't have been asked to fight.

So who was designated in the pre

planning to mark Rhead? Neither of the centre backs looked to get close to him.

Edited by BP1960

But he shouldn't do it publicly. What's the point other than to try and make out "it's not my fault"?

And even with a better budget & no transfer embargo he can't sign anyone anyway.

Totally agree with you maybe he is trying to force Corney into a corner to provide some funds for players or look better for him when he is sacked either way it is not a good situation & rarely is turned around and ends well.

So who was designated in the pre

planning to mark Rhead? Neither of the centre backs looked to get close to him.

Maybe nobody. Some people are just that good in the air. Seen TP youth team set up to step back and allow the big man to win the header and then the aim is you're 1st to the knock down or flick on.

To be fair I thought Winny was playing well but needed to be much further up the pitch, however, his suicidal intercepted pass effectively cost us the game. I'm not sure whether he's going to get another chance here unfortunately but he's contracted until May so I'd certainly play him in front of any of the short term loanees!

If we'd spent what money we had on one decent striker instead of alternating Erwin, Ladapo, and McKay every other week we'd have fared much better. This lot could be playing until April and still fail to 'click'.

What a thoroughly depressing time to be supporting this football club!

Who exactly is he referring to when he says "they won't play for me again"?

Reckord, surely.

But then Banks and Winchester could fit what he's saying, but they were probably the two players who got the most shots off. And Banks took the corner for Clarke's goal...

Green should be dropped but, never play for him again?

Dummigan wasn't great but didn't do too much wrong either.

Burgess was just Burgess.

Mclaughlin was heavily involved throughout albeit with no end product - he's reminding me more and more of a young...err...Lee Croft.

Croft himself just needs to be a starter now. Simple as.

Does he mean Ladapo or Erwin. Or both?

Mckay earned a start at Oxford.

If Osei's one of them that would be a bit harsh.

I can't see beyond Reckord, Banks and Winchester looking at his comments.

Or Ladapo. But he won't want to piss off Palace as word gets around.

I've always got the feeling he wants CW out.

Edited by HarryBosch

Maybe nobody. Some people are just that good in the air. Seen TP youth team set up to step back and allow the big man to win the header and then the aim is you're 1st to the knock down or flick on.

There's another thing - winning those headers was pretty much all he did. Why didn't SR try just leaving him to it as he'd then probably produce nothing with the ball....

Dunne should have been on Rhead last night which gives the impression Robbo hadn't done enough research to know that they put it on top of the full back rather than the CB for him to knock headers down. He was pissing about with a Q&A at the ground while Barraclough watched them wasn't he?

But even then, after the 3rd, 4th or 5th time of the blatantly obvious happening why didn't he bring Dunne on then? First half.

That's an important point. What a shambles that this wasn't identified with two weeks preparation.

That's something that the manager has to take the blame for heavily. It's not a case of scapegoating the short window he had to bring in players. That's basic management which he badly failed to clock on to.

It's Winchester, Ladapo and Reckord.

I'd say that's quite obvious given the context of the match and history of management.

Personally I thought CW was pathetic last night. A player there to drift inside and create should have a field day against cloggers. He didn't look up for the battle, nor did he even show any quality.