Ground hopping random other teams thread.

The last day ties may be slightly less mouth watering if Darlington are unsuccessful in their appeal against not being able to take part in the playoffs.If that goes, they become two teams wanting to win against two teams (one resting players, the other given up for the season) who largely don't care.

For County to make the play-offs:

County must win.*

Salford must lose to Darlington who might be feeling a bit miffed.

Chorley just lose to Halifax who have already made the play offs.

* If Salford or Chorley draw County need to win by 14 or 4 respectively.

Boundary Park for the Frank Hannah Manchester Premier Cup, FC United vs Stalybridge Celtic.

Shite match and the pitch was the worst I've seen in seasons - and I've seen a lot of non-league grounds.

1 hour ago, rummytheowl said:

Boundary Park for the Frank Hannah Manchester Premier Cup, FC United vs Stalybridge Celtic.

Shite match and the pitch was the worst I've seen in seasons - and I've seen a lot of non-league grounds.

Its improved in recent weeks.

• 1 month later...

Caught the last 15 Min of Hampton & Richmond v Concord Rangers. Hard to judge so another visit needed.

Saw at Hanlow Town the Middlesex senior cup final won by Ashford Town 2 against 1 Wealdstone Town. The raider wasn't there but fair few fans have issues like him get wound up easy.

Following week saw Athletico Maddid beat Eibar 1-0. Not the best game Eibar could of got a late leveller but three overall display reminded me of the defensive tactics used by Steve Robinson. It be sad when Athletico move ground there old one was full of character. There ultras impressed me every 10 min displaying banners which said the surnames of players & words legends of the Calderon.

Next day saw Gefate in segunda division beat Corbola 3-0 two great goals. Noisey atmosphere.

Following week North West Counties division one play off final  Litherland Rymca lose to City of Liverpool 3-0. Kick off delayed due to crowd congestion all the goals where in the second half. But City of Liverpool where the better team and are well supported for that level.

Next game was the German cup final Where despite a spirit performance Eintracht Frankfurt lost 2-1 against Borussia Dortmund in Berlin.

The next day saw a 7th level German game SV Buchonia Flieden close to Frankfurt beat TSV Lehnerz II 3-1 and win promotion.

Then went to a Charity game at Sandbach United who lost at home to a Crewe Legends side 5-3. 

Scotland 2 England 2 Hampden Park a decent crowd for once a good atmosphere for an International game. No other games on that weekend but Saw Edinburgh City ground they play at the old Meadowbank Thistle ground about 15min walk from Hibs Easter Round.

Hearts ground is being redeveloped but there museum is small but free was a change from some the bigger ones I seen. Some nice tributes to the players they lost on both wars.

My final game has. Even the Stade   De Frannce to see France beat England 3-2. For a new ground I like it new design plenty of food & Marquees in and around the ground so you don't have to rush out after the game and Que. Nice to see the whole ground sing Don't look back in Anger together.

Edited by Forte_Baby

Rhode Island Reds 1-3 Boston City was an interesting experience.  $5.  I'd say below Conference North in standard.

Five middle aged Reds fans waving a variety of flags.

I called them Rhode Islandeticos on Twitter and got an RT from the club.  I doubt anybody had a clue what I was on about.

Me and Jorvik watched Toronto FC at home to New England Revolution in the MLS last Friday night. Weird weird experience - the Canadian and US national anthems before the game (and fans clapping the oppositions' anthem) - both sang by the same bloke, with barely a breath in between. Also, the Canadian fans did not seem to know the words to their national anthem. And there were fireworks before the game, at final whistle, and after the 2 goals scored by Toronto (not sure if they would have done that for the opposition scoring, as Toronto won 2-0, with the 2nd goal in the very Latics-esque 96th minute). And nobody seemed interested in the game - the couple behind us had a very in-depth conversation about the limitations of marriage, dowries and feminism. - and were in the most part more interested in the food and drink on offer. The ones who were watching the game had some odd chants I've not heard at football before, like (when a foul was given) "You can't do that! You can't do that!" (repeat for 3 minutes on a loop), and "I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref" (just shouted, rather than to the tune of anything).

Wasn't a bad standard - Toronto were top of the MLS at the time, so I guess you'd expect that. And probably a wonderful 'matchday experience'. The only thing I'd change would be their chance to drink cans of cider whilst in your seat - and they even come to you to sell it to you! 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Few new grounds Non Oldham ticked off.

Prestwich Heys 2 Radcliffe Boro 2 entertaining pre season friendly.

Barcelona 1 Real Madrid 3 The Spanish super cup my first ever El Classico game. The match was everything you want or expect in this fixture. Goals, a sending off.

However I also found it to touristy far to many selfie sticks, people trying to get photos of both Ronaldo & Messi when near the stand.

Malta 0 England 4 not the best England game I been to. Credit to Malta they gave it ago nice little stadium also.

Evo stick division one North

Ramsbottom United 3 Trafford FC 1. A wet Windy cold Friday night a very good game Trafford well supported also. Plenty of action goals either half.

2 minutes ago, Forte_Baby said:

Evo stick division one North

Ramsbottom United 3 Trafford FC 1. A wet Windy cold Friday night a very good game Trafford well supported also. Plenty of action goals either half.

Went to see Cables get beat 1-0 there the other week. NO FUCKING BAR. Not impressed.

Considering Maine Road tonight

Did Trafford and Altrincham last week

Previously over last few weeks done a fair few non-league including Salisbury with Latics.

Most random recently was at end of last season where we saw Fisher FC win 10-1 the day before we played at Wimbledon.

Currently on 160 grounds inc Isle of Man

Lithuania 0 England 1 small ground reminded of Conference North but Vilnius is a great Little city.

Latvia 4 Andorra 0 played At home of Skonto Riga a modern 3 sided ground just under 5,000 there good number of English fans. 

You up can see why both teams struggle reminded of a struggling League 2 against a tiny Non League team in the FA cup. Was 2-0 at half time Latvia Andorra did have some a good chance first half, a goal disallowed second half & there skipper attempted over head kick.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/10/2017 at 1:03 PM, oafcprozac said:

Looking at a Stuttgart and Hoffenheim double header later this month. I wanted to go to Milan v Juve but the flights are cack

Not been to Hoffenheim, Frankfurt play them same day we play Rochdale.

But a lot of German lads not just Frankfurt have told me to ignore it one or the poorer one there compared to Mk Dons middle of no where not actually in Hoffenheim itself.

stuttgart suppose to be good and got a good write up in Football weekends magazine.