What would happen if?

I know what am about to say has a virtually no chance of happening but:

What would happen if we went through January and didn't sign anyone?

By that I mean would those defending Simon Corney then switch allegiances?

Would that be the straw that broke the camels back?

Like I say I appreciate its virtually got no chance of being the case but, this is Oldham Athletic lol.

Edited by Aaron West

Anyone who does come in will be inferior to Winchester or an untried rookie. I think that's a given the way things are going

Yea....we don't want a repeat of last season and bring in some waster sitting on the benches for the likes of Wycombe, Burton or Doncaster!!!

Yea....we don't want a repeat of last season and bring in some waster sitting on the benches for the likes of Wycombe, Burton or Doncaster!!!

Don't twist my words. The club simply ain't willing or ain't able to attract players good enough to pull us out of this situation. If we are letting Winchester go what makes you think his replacement will be an improvement?

Don't twist my words. The club simply ain't willing or ain't able to attract players good enough to pull us out of this situation. If we are letting Winchester go what makes you think his replacement will be an improvement?

Last few January windows show that we do business at this time of year.

I can turn that response on it's head and say what makes you think his replacement won't be a improvement?

I can answer both our responses by saying 1) untried/unwanted loanees are a gamble and last year we got lucky but having said that Sheridan was a motivating factor and 2) Robinson would probably play Messi alongside Clarke.

Wow, you really do have a boner for Winchester :laught30:

Incorrect, last few January windows shows that we wait for it to shut and then we go picking up free agents and loanees in February.

Last year Gerrard, Lafferty and Palmer in Jan, Holloway and Main early Feb.

Year before Kean, Mellis, Murphy and Wilkinson in Jan.

Year before IIRC it was Harkins and Worrall.