Flitcroft/Gerrard or Robinson/Clarke

2 great defenders for this level though.

One of whom hasn't played for :censored:ing ages and the other who's played all season and been consistently head and shoulders above his team mates.

The notion that shipping out Clarke and replacing him with Gerrard is a step in the right direction is, frankly, :censored:ing stupid.

Gerrard is decent at this level but nothing like as good as some, and he, thinks he is

One of whom hasn't played for :censored:ing ages and the other who's played all season and been consistently head and shoulders above his team mates.

The notion that shipping out Clarke and replacing him with Gerrard is a step in the right direction is, frankly, :censored:ing stupid.

Gerrard is decent at this level but nothing like as good as some, and he, thinks he is

Well said, Gerrard is just a poor man's Peter Clarke

Guest nonaenever

It will be interesting to see if there is any truth in the rumours. As expressed by several posters, a Clarke/Gerrard partnership could seem quite odd, simply because both would want to be "the daddy" or "leader" and that might create friction and unrest.

So, the OPs heading title may have some credence.

Personally, like both defenders but Clarke has been simply superb for us in a disastrous season - speaks volumes of the man - so I would have to plump for him.

Sheridan for me any day over Flitcroft.

Where have I said I would have Gerrard over Clarke?

A Clarke Gerrard partnership at the back would give us the best chance of staying up.....providing we can get someone in who can to put the ball in the onion bag at the other end!

The clarke / burgess partnership would have kept us up if we had someone to put the ball in the net.... We've kept sufficient clean sheets

8/24 only beaten by 5 teams... Score in half of them and we're as close to the playoffs as we are to relegation.

• 2 weeks later...