Taylor Signs

I remember many years ago seeing a bloke with an Andy Ritchie Appreciation Society tshirt on, in Galway in Ireland where I'm from. He was walking through the Eyre Square Shoppong Centre. I was so surprised to see another Latics supporter - even back then - that I missed the chance to say hello to him.

I for one would be very much enthusiastic to join a revived association and buy a tshirt.

I have that feeling quite often, and have to remind myself that I live in Oldham now and going over to them because they're wearing a Latics coat would just be weird.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen a quote from Taylor on the OS. He believes we should have got into the Premier League when he was last here

"From the youth team, youre trying to break into the first team and its just a passage. Once I broke into the first team we had a couple of play off campaigns and we should have really got promotion once if not twice"

Well, to be fair.... Blackpool managed it. I'd have loved to have see how Taylor, Liddel, Porter, Gregan, Wellens & Eardley would've got on in the Championship in 2007, cos they were fkin good enough....!

Just seen a quote from Taylor on the OS. He believes we should have got into the Premier League when he was last here

"From the youth team, you’re trying to break into the first team and it’s just a passage. Once I broke into the first team we had a couple of play off campaigns and we should have really got promotion once if not twice"

Short of missing the obvious here, was he not referring simply to two league one promotions, rather than successive promotions?

• 2 weeks later...

It's it's a players job to impose himself in a game. I hope JS reminds him of that, no player can be guaranteed a place on reputation alone.

He's only been back a couple of games and I believe only played bit parts for Bolton. He will shine IMO once he's fit. He doesn't get picked on reputation just he's guaranteed as he's a far superior option than all the others.

He's only been back a couple of games and I believe only played bit parts for Bolton. He will shine IMO once he's fit. He doesn't get picked on reputation just he's guaranteed as he's a far superior option than all the others.

How many games will he need to shine?

Does he carry on being quiet for half a dozen games in the hope the next is the one?

He's been in full time training all season so no excuse for quietness is there?

Does he carry on being quiet for half a dozen games in the hope the next is the one?

Taylor's movement, awareness and link play has been far greater than others that people are defending, including McLaughlin despite his goal. He isn't fully fit but that was his first 90 so far and he put in the best two balls of the match and only a back post divot stopped him re-opening his Latics' account. 5 years on and the local-lad haters are back happy again. Eardley, Tarky (for a good year or two), Coleman. This is a clear obsession with certain fans and I just don't get it. I would love an explanation.

Without shining and being a MOM contender, Taylor has been effective and shown the signs that he has developed his game (despite losing that edge of pace).

Edited by eyres_28

I didn't go v Coventry like yourself I believe BP. But from what I saw v Chesterfield he wasn't too far off the pace. And he still wanted the ball and worked hard for me. He has been a championship player for sometime now, and IMO is still a great addition. First name on the team sheet for me. And I'm sure a huge benefit in the dressing room as he will not want to see us relegated I'd imagine

Taylor's movement, awareness and link play has been far greater than others that people are defending, including McLaughlin despite his goal. He isn't fully fit but that was his first 90 so far and he put in the best two balls of the match and only a back post divot stopped him re-opening his Latics' account. 5 years on and the local-lad haters are back happy again. Eardley, Tarky (for a good year or two), Coleman. This is a clear obsession with certain fans and I just don't get it. I would love an explanation.

Without shining and being a MOM contender, Taylor has been effective and shown the signs that he has developed his game (despite losing that edge of pace).

To put matters right and not targeting just Taylor, no player should be 'quiet' in a game if he's considered fit enough for selection.

Taylor looked like the improved more mature player I expected him to be after some time in the Championship, certainly his crossing is greatly improved. I think there's more to come from him after a few games as well.

That's how I've seen him so far. He doesn't have the pace he used to have but he's developed technically. Just because he's not running up and down the wing, people perceive it to be a 'quiet' performance.

Fit yes, match fit?...not quite yet...give the lad a break!

What does this even mean?

If a player having a quiet game is acceptable to you so be it.

I look for higher standards and you can bet your bottom dollar this manager will expect the same no matter who the player.

I doesn't mean a player has to run about all the time to be influencial, Bobby Johnstone or John Sheridan didn't do much of that here, but had major impacts in games.

Edited by BP1960