Taylor Signs

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a player having a quiet game is acceptable to you so be it.

I look for higher standards and you can bet your bottom dollar this manager will expect the same no matter who the player.

I doesn't mean a player has to run about all the time to be influencial, Bobby Johnstone or John Sheridan didn't do much of that here, but had major impacts in games.

Well yeah I accept players will have quiet games because it is real living breathing football not FIFA.

What you see, if you look, is a player who is not match fit but who knows where he should be and when it is wise to expend energy. People round me were shouting for him to run forward out of position over and again when thankfully he kept in the shape/correct position of/for the team. I remember a cracking shot and two great crosses plus a nearly when the one two he started was fluffed by McLaughlin who otherwise would have put him on the edge of the box for the undoubted shooting ability he has. If this was a quiet performance the opposition is in for a torrid time when he gets noisy.

Get a life you owtb (main stand?) moaners.

Must admit on Saturday I'd wondered if he'd been substituted he was that anonymous at times, he needs time a bit like a couple of the other new lads but he's hardly been pulling up trees since his return and doesn't look as fit as he did for Millwall at the back end of last season, here's hoping.

To put matters right and not targeting just Taylor, no player should be 'quiet' in a game if he's considered fit enough for selection.

That's where we disagree then. I don't think he has been quiet, just building up to full fitness, which like Gerrard must happen in the first team without a reserve side. He isn't letting anyone down and barring his goal, Taylor looked way ahead of McLaughlin. All about opinions but I really despise the fans that constantly bash our own; not saying you are one of them but there are many of them out there.

If you look at Flynn's lucky goal - if it had not gone in via a deflection we would have crucified him for his :censored: cross for Taylor who was stood in front of the open goal, unmarked, like the ginger ghost of Roger Palmer in his prime.

How many times have we seen an unmarked forward for Oldham waiting 2 yards from the front of the goal this season? He obviously still knows what to do but has a good excuse in not being able to keep it up for 90 minutes because of the lack of game time this season.

Like every other player we should give him at least 6 or so full games on the run to really judge him.

• 2 weeks later...

He did OK, looked knackered after an hour though.

Holloway seemed to give up towards the end. By the looks of his tweet, the Ref not giving him anything all game demoralised him, and his head went down.

I said during the match Holloway's body language seemed low

Heard one or two boo boys in the crowd regarding Taylor today. Totally unjustified in my opinion. Thought he played his part today.

I didn't boo, but he but he needs to offer more than standing on the touchline doing nothing as in the 2nd half.

Heard one or two boo boys in the crowd regarding Taylor today. Totally unjustified in my opinion. Thought he played his part today.

I dont know where you sit Lags but where I am in the Rocky I dont hear any of this. As you say unjustified, he certainly looked a lot sharper today and the next couple of games could see him at his best.

Gotta have a boo boy don't you BP? Pathetic for a grown man.

I said I didn't boo him..I gave an opinion and it obviously upsets you your golden boy is not producing the goods.

JS won't put up with 'quiet' performances for long, he has eyes too.

Edited by BP1960

I dont know where you sit Lags but where I am in the Rocky I dont hear any of this. As you say unjustified, he certainly looked a lot sharper today and the next couple of games could see him at his best.

He will be the same in my opinion, but as long as you are happy that's ok.