Chesterfield away

Don't want to come across all "defend the club at all costs" here, but I'm pretty sure they have to do this sort of thing to be seen by the authorities to be doing something about it. Probably just ticks a football league box rather than it being an actual warning by the club to the fans.

Surely it should be Chesterfield's problem anyway, to control fans in their own ground?

Agree with you couszy bro

Just the club ticking the boxes and being seen to do the right thing.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure he tried to justify it did he? he apologised to everyone but obviously fans need to know more

These things happen in football. Players lose their temper as he said we the players got him out of the :censored:.

Yes, in the twitter conversation with me he was trying to justify it. Just had a look back and in my tweet calling it handbags it appears his reply where he said "I wouldn't let it go off the pitch, so why would I on it" has been deleted. Oh well...all done now...like I say, hope it doesn't cost us tonight and he makes up for it for the rest of the season.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I think the club, the police and whoever need to remember that the law banning spectators from entering the field of play was introduced to stop the incitement of violence.

If it significantly delays the restart of the game then slap a few wrists. But talk of banning people is ridiculous and has a red fleece all over it.

I think the club, the police and whoever need to remember that the law banning spectators from entering the field of play was introduced to stop the incitement of violence.

If it significantly delays the restart of the game then slap a few wrists. But talk of banning people is ridiculous and has a red fleece all over it.

I guess if the authorities are looking into our encroachment onto the pitch on Saturday they must surely be looking at Lincoln City and Sutton United.

Oh hang on that probably gets dispensation as it's the magic of the FA Cup......

No. To attempt to highlight their plight.

Ah.

As for the club statement - think this has to be "seen to be doing he right thing" method.

I am sure that both th club and the police don't care - but have to be seen to discourage the behaviour, otherwise it makes a mockery of the rule about trespassing on the pitch. Which was put in place to allow action to be taken when it occurs and isn't "all good natured".

On the subject of being on be pitch, I remember the Div 2 Champioship game being delayed after all 3 of our goals, and to this day I don't remember it starting again after the 3rd goal.

Massive overreaction to some elated fans simply celebrating a last minute winner in a relegation dogfight. They were back off the pitch as quickly as they were on it. The tweet from the official chesterfield site probably didn't help matters either.

And whilst it was good natured, the perceived risk to players and officials is there. Authorities cannot assume that all fans are well meaning and have to be seen to say it's against the rules (which it is).

I think that he current process of saying the right thing but actually taking no/little action is the right one in these circumstances.

Let's hope we have another apologetic statement tomorrow :-)

It's not an overreaction. It's not the club being knobheads. It's as someone has already mentioned the club being seen doing what they have to do. It's nothing

I actually meant from their end, the tweet called them unsavoury scenes as if we were millwall or something

I actually meant from their end, the tweet called them unsavoury scenes as if we were millwall or something

I think given the nature of our victory, I can forgive some sour grapes from Chesterfield.

Not sure we were/are feeling measured and reflective following a similar result last night.

• 3 months later...
On 2/5/2017 at 6:04 AM, opinions4u said:

Stockport v Stalybridge for me.

County have an excellent left side winger in Lloyd.

On 2/5/2017 at 4:26 PM, BP1960 said:

On 2/5/2017 at 4:37 PM, yarddog73 said:

That's the one I liked the look of.

Signs for Peterborough on 3 year deal....

Edited by lookersstandandy