Chesterfield away

Yes they were nearly as bad.That season Penney was there I missed 2 games all season and it was dire.That 2-0defeat in the last away game at Yeovil nearly did it for me.

Folk claiming 7-games Kelly and injury-ravaged Penney as worse than 12-goals, boring as :censored:, rare-as-rocking-horse-:censored: wins, rooted to the bottom Robbo :lol1:

Edited by boundaryblue80

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folk claiming 7-games Kelly and injury-ravaged Penney as worse than 12-goals, boring as :censored:, rare-as-rocking-horse-:censored: wins, rooted to the bottom Robbo :lol1:

No point really comparing they were all dreadful for us in their own way. Let's bang em in a box labelled wank and move on. I don't wish anything bad towards any of them although can't see them having much of a career as managers. Penney aside as like many others I thought it was a good appointment at the time. How many managers and players for that matter do you see, that just fit a certain club ? Shez has shown that he is a good fit for us. We will stay up with more games to spare than last season I'm pretty sure.

We will stay up with more games to spare than last season I'm pretty sure.

Tomorrow will go some way to helping me decide if that might happen or not. I'm extremely worried about it if I'm honest because to lose will be an utter disaster. Not the end obviously, but would be a crushing blow. To win will offer some relief but more importantly, the knowledge that we are capable of being at least the 5th worst team in the league. Tempted to wear my lucky Xmas jumper that I wore to the Gills game :laught30:

Tomorrow will go some way to helping me decide if that might happen or not. I'm extremely worried about it if I'm honest because to lose will be an utter disaster. Not the end obviously, but would be a crushing blow. To win will offer some relief but more importantly, the knowledge that we are capable of being at least the 5th worst team in the league. Tempted to wear my lucky Xmas jumper that I wore to the Gills game :laught30:

I'm confident we'll win tomorrow but I'll be reasonably relaxed about it if we don't - Holloway, O'Neill, Taylor, Gerrard, Hunt, Obadeyi, Ngoo all starting or getting on at some point will mean that's 7 players who've just joined or have only been here 5 minutes.

They might not gel straight away but at least we've now got a manager with more chance of getting them to do so sooner rather than later...

Edited by HarryBosch

Yeah don't even want to contemplate losing. If we can get on the front foot from the off I think we will take the 3 points. I'm really looking forward to this away day now. Not had this feeling for a while. Hope it's a good turnout and we make plenty of noise. I've only been to Saltergate not the new un, will we be situated Behind goal or at the side ?

Yeah don't even want to contemplate losing. If we can get on the front foot from the off I think we will take the 3 points. I'm really looking forward to this away day now. Not had this feeling for a while. Hope it's a good turnout and we make plenty of noise. I've only been to Saltergate not the new un, will we be situated Behind goal or at the side ?

Behind.

I'm confident we'll win tomorrow but I'll be reasonably relaxed about it if we don't - Holloway, O'Neill, Taylor, Gerrard, Hunt, Obadeyi, Ngoo all starting or getting on at some point will mean that's 7 players who've just joined or have only been here 5 minutes.

That said - I typed that stone cold sober. That won't be my status at 5pm tomorrow....

Local one for me this...plenty of street parking around the ground, few decent pubs nearby, meeting up with a few Chesterfield lads in the Donkey Derby on the roundabout...looking forward to this one, return of Taylor and a real 6 pointer.

Is there a faster route from the ground to the station after the match than to walk?

Ideal train is at 5:15ish

Yardog is spot on, the station is back in the same direction as the town centre so busy at the end of the game. It's probably just over a mile so a quick walk and you could be back for quarter past. If your lucky you could get a taxi on the walk back, maybe up by the college but best to plan on a quick getaway and walk to the station, there's only a couple of platforms so once you're there it should be straight forward.

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=59393&st=40

Some of the Chesterfield forum think that latics will win, obviously they have not being paying attention!

Ched Evans to score in a 2 - 0 win to Chesterfield

And obviously I hope I am so wrong with my prediction

Edited by Stagger Lee