The worst pitch in the division?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the groundsman not put the sand down? Blame who you want but the fact remains it's a mess, made me laugh seeing the area still cordoned off in front of the main stand prior to kick off on Tuesday despite there not being a blade of grass in it, must be where he's planted the spuds.

Did the groundsman not put the sand down? Blame who you want but the fact remains it's a mess, made me laugh seeing the area still cordoned off in front of the main stand prior to kick off on Tuesday despite there not being a blade of grass in it, must be where he's planted the spuds.

Do you not reckon that maybe the sand is there for a reason and that's the only thing he can do with the budget he has and age of pitch

On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 9:22 PM, leeslover said:

Maybe the ground staff deserve praise for getting the games on at all given the surface they are working on?

I was very critical of them after the Posh game got called off but, having seen the pitch through the gym window the day before we played Bury, they deserve massive praise for getting it on. It looked marginally better than a swamp.

It looks similar this morning too, but I fully expect that they can get it playable for Saturday...

9 minutes ago, View Of Golden Gate said:

It can't be easy dealing with an out of date pitch mixed with the weather of Oldham, also I wonder how happy the Groundsman would have been with Ant Gerrard's video he Tweeted.

Doubt they cared at all. They've probably got a sense of humour

I reckon they do care, that clip of Gerrard actually sums up the way this club is run perfectly, one big joke. If it ain't the chairman having a kick about with his mates it's our twenty stone tub of lard centre half amusing himself doing the Klinsmann.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

I reckon they do care, that clip of Gerrard actually sums up the way this club is run perfectly, one big joke. If it ain't the chairman having a kick about with his mates it's our twenty stone tub of lard centre half amusing himself doing the Klinsmann.

Man has fun at work shocker!

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Your work place must be so boring. It's Called having abit of fun! Doesn't do anything wrong for moral him doing that does it? 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Sorry are opinions not allowed to differ on here, thanks for the advice though.

Sorry, am I not allowed to call you out on your ridiculous opinion?

What's your opinion of the crazy gang of the 80s and 90s? And the stories of what the team was like under Joe Royle in the 90s? 

Edited by jorvik_latic

Call me out all you want, I'd suggest you stop living in the 80's though, times moved on and most Professional Football Clubs preferred playing surface is grass and they do their best to provide a decent surface to play on, this current set up has nothing in common with Wimbledons crazy gang or indeed Royles team of the early 90's so I'm not really sure why your drawing comparisons, everyone used to get pissed up in the Grey Mare after the game in Royles era are you suggesting the same?

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Call me out all you want, I'd suggest you stop living in the 80's though, times moved on and most Professional Football Clubs preferred playing surface is grass and they do their best to provide a decent surface to play on, this current set up has nothing in common with Wimbledons crazy gang or indeed Royles team of the early 90's so I'm not really sure why your drawing comparisons, everyone used to get pissed up in the Grey Mare after the game in Royles era are you suggesting the same?

I'm not living in the 80s at all.

You were calling Gerrard unprofessional and his actions unnecessary, hence the comparison. I think it's just a bit of fun. Now you're trying to change it round to the state of the pitch (which I agree is fucking shocking and well overdue for investment).

Waiting for Yarddog73 to start a petition to have the groundsman sacked for having a sense of humour. Or BP1960 to tell us it's down to Barraclough's clipboard that Gerrard did it or OAFC_0000 to tell us this is the reason he won't come back to games or Magister to use some fancy words to tell us it's down to a lack of respect we have shown towards referees

Edited by mcfluff1985

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm not really sure what connection Gerrard diving on a wet pitch has to do with the ground staff providing a professional standard pitch.