The worst pitch in the division?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

Looks like some of the problems are caused by a collapsed drain after all. 

I stand mistaken I will hold my hands up and apologise for that one. Will look forward to a decent surface next year then 

3 hours ago, adamoafc said:

I stand mistaken I will hold my hands up and apologise for that one. Will look forward to a decent surface next year then 

Assuming it will get fixed in this coming off season and that they use a boroscope to check the rest of the pitch drains to be thorough.  But to be fair considering how tight money has been we have historically prepared a quite good pitch for this division.

• 2 weeks later...

“Work will be undertaken shortly to irradiate this problem which will help ALS Contracts and Lee to hopefully improve the playing surface next season.”
Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/oldham-athletic-partner-with-pitch-maintenance-company-3706170.aspx#WP7yhb1K02O1MD68.99

Ok, so that's pretty worrying. Radiation contamination is never a good idea. we'll be ground sharing at Bury for 50 years minimum :)

5 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

“Work will be undertaken shortly to irradiate this problem which will help ALS Contracts and Lee to hopefully improve the playing surface next season.”
Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/oldham-athletic-partner-with-pitch-maintenance-company-3706170.aspx#WP7yhb1K02O1MD68.99

Ok, so that's pretty worrying. Radiation contamination is never a good idea. we'll be ground sharing at Bury for 50 years minimum :)

Up and at 'om, Oldham!

Edited by Crusoe

This forum is split on the pitch issue between positives and negatives with a few neutrons on the sidelines. 

I think we need to get former player David Curie back with his wife Marie to help, they have glowing reports.              :tumbleweed:

7 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

This forum is split on the pitch issue between positives and negatives with a few neutrons on the sidelines. 

I think we need to get former player David Curie back with his wife Marie to help, they have glowing reports.              :tumbleweed:

You're just fission for upvotes.

43 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Who cares if a few words are spelt incorrectly? We're not a professional football club after all. Up the Lactics!

On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 0:01 AM, adamoafc said:

Apparently they're going to water the pitch with homeopathic water with a memory of Wembley in 1966

Edited by leeslover

A manhole that no one knew about? It may lead to a disused mine shaft that leads to an underground ancient Roman tomb that leads to another wich is guarded by elves trolls and Royal Army and is full of riches beyond our wildest dreams. 

Were saved! Huzzah

According to a chap on Latics ezine site there are strong rumours a deal has been done to get ORLC back at BP next season.

Would be interesting with regards to the pitch!!

Anybody on here heard anything?

24 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

According to a chap on Latics ezine site there are strong rumours a deal has been done to get ORLC back at BP next season.

Would be interesting with regards to the pitch!!

Anybody on here heard anything?

They were supposed to announce today where they'd be playing their home game against Batley in two weeks time. Not seen anything announced yet. 

Not sure when we're planning to rip the pitch up (if we do that at all these days) but if previous issues have been overcome and that game is at Boundary Park, it could possibly be a hint at next season.

Edited by dec666

On 2017-5-7 at 7:45 AM, L1onheartNew said:

A manhole that no one knew about? It may lead to a disused mine shaft that leads to an underground ancient Roman tomb that leads to another wich is guarded by elves trolls and Royal Army and is full of riches beyond our wildest dreams. 

Were saved! Huzzah

Now we know where some players who have gone MIA during games have disappeared to.

30 minutes ago, dec666 said:

They were supposed to announce today where they'd be playing their home game against Batley in two weeks time. Not seen anything announced yet. 

Not sure when we're planning to rip the pitch up (if we do that at all these days) but if previous issues have been overcome and that game is at Boundary Park, it could possibly be a hint at next season.

Last year was the first time in a while that we haven't dug it up and trialled a biological treatment. I think the plan was to do that again but that may have changed with the new partnership.