Sheff Utd Home Game

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at our stats when we have had Eddie Ilderton reffing our games we've won 3 from 18, lost our last 6 including the 1-0 defeat at Bramhall Lane that probably put a nail in the coffin of David Dunn, it's not great before you even consider  the Shez factor.

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Looking at our stats when we have had Eddie Ilderton reffing our games we've won 3 from 18, lost our last 6 including the 1-0 defeat at Bramhall Lane that probably put a nail in the coffin of David Dunn, it's not great before you even consider  the Shez factor.

To be fair, I'm guessing that's about 6 years of games? Our win rate over that time is probably not far from 1 in 6, we're generally shit whoever is refereeing. 

5 minutes ago, underdog said:

i am so not looing forward to this match...hope we don't get battered and would gladly take a point

I'm certainly looking forward to it. They're the best team in the league, should be a great atmosphere in the ground and I'm sure it'll be played at a high tempo.

It makes a change from watching us play against the other dross in this league in front of a crowd of 3 and a half thousand.

I think it'll be a tight game, for what it's worth. 

10 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Don't shoot the messenger but the TV gantry someone mentioned about this game might be correct. It's live on slovenian TV so there will be a stream out there if people are unable to attend. 

A couple of years ago, we played at Bramhall Lane on an international weekend. Matt Smith got a late late equaliser. That was shown live on an internet stream too. Seems that their games often get picked if there's no top 2 division games.

44 minutes ago, rosa said:

I'm now imagining leeslover doing the "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" bit from Killing In The Name Of but rapping "It's only Sheffield fucking United we should dick them".

Was I wearing any particular costume during this fantasy? 

2 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Don't shoot the messenger but the TV gantry someone mentioned about this game might be correct. It's live on slovenian TV so there will be a stream out there if people are unable to attend. 

I'm flying to Slovenia on Sunday morning.  I wonder if I'm safe to wear a Latics scarf through the airport?

I really fancy us to win this tomorrow. 

Nothings been said about Shez being a Wednesday legend and their fans will be giving him all sorts of grief I'd imagine. Has he managed us against them before? I can't recall him doing.

I reckon, despite his diplomacy on LP, he'll be calling them all the cunts under the sun in his team talk and asking his players to beat them and beat them well for him. They'll go out fired up and get more fired up when he starts getting shit from their fans. Do they call each other "piggy" or is it just what Wednesday call Blades fans? 

We regularly used to win matches like this not so long ago - Preston springs to mind as the last when Morais and Tounkara had great games - I hope we'll get back to that under Shez. 

They won't be able to play their usual game on our pitch and they're due to lose one and the run in and the pressure that comes with it when you're top starts about now. 

This is also the type of game that Taylor will thrive in and he might well finally roar into action tomorrow getting right under their skin along the way. 

Ripley, Clarke and Gerrard will relish the opportunity to restrict a usually free scoring attack. 

Put your houses and your season ticket money on us. :grin:

Edited by HarryBosch

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Nothings been said about Shez being a Wednesday legend and their fans will be giving him all sorts of grief I'd imagine. Has he managed us against them before? I can't recall him doing.

I reckon, despite his diplomacy on LP, he'll be calling them all the cunts under the sun in his team talk and asking his players to beat them and beat them well for him. They'll go out fired up and get more fired up when he starts getting shit from their fans. Do they call each other "piggy" or is it just what Wednesday call Blades fans? 

We regularly used to win matches like this not so long ago - Preston springs to mind as the last when Morais and Tounkara had great games - I hope we'll get back to that under Shez. 

They won't be able to play their usual game on our pitch and they're due to lose one and the run in and the pressure that comes with it when you're top starts about now. 

This is also the type of game that Taylor will thrive in and he might well finally roar into action tomorrow getting right under their skin along the way. 

Ripley, Clarke and Gerrard will relish the opportunity to restrict a usually free scoring attack. 

We lost 3-0 at Bramall Lane in March last year. Flynn scored.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

I love this post. Especially the bold bit. 

10 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Not quite put my mortgage on us, but I have had us in a dodgy double with Grimsby. 11/2 for us was too good to turn down. 

Really looking forward to this now after your braveheartesque rallying cry. Cmon you fucking blues let's do it !!