Season Tickets 2017/18

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Haven't seen this figure reported anywhere, where did you get the final figure from?

Gordon and Roy said it yesterday at the start of the commentary.  The ? is there because I found it hard to believe it had jumped so much. 

On 31/03/2017 at 9:34 PM, yarddog73 said:

Fuck sake Jeremy Paxman has piped up. 

Where do you think 1500 ST sales puts us in the ST sales league, bear in mind that around 120,000 were sold in League 1 last season.

It's not great. But of that 120'000 about 50% of that will have been pushed by Sheff United, Bolton, Bradford and Millwall... 

25 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

1877 sold.

That's probably around £400,000 excluding VAT.

I'd guess they'll flog maybe 600-700 more concessionary tickets before the season starts. Makes you wonder where the rest of the money for £1m+ budget comes from.

Sponsorship, advertising, player sales, SC's own pocket

31 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

1877 sold.

I'd guess they'll flog maybe 600-700 more concessionary tickets before the season starts. Makes you wonder where the rest of the money for £1m+ budget comes from.

Mainly league and solidarity payments. Away fans have to pay when they come and watch us too....

Solidarity payment is over £500,000 alone, selling our soul for the piss pot cup was worth around another  £100,000, pay on the dayers and some decent away followings can swell the coffers as well, if we could have a decent start next season and attract a few hundred back on a regular basis it would make a huge difference to cash flow.

I was not renewing 100% (I know I say it every year - this year I wasn't, didn't even have the money)

then dad fell seriously ill last week. So ill we'd pretty much said our good byes on Friday night. 

Friday before dad was moved to the ICU and before he suffered his cardiac arrest and before being put into a medically induced coma he told me to go to Southend. " don't worry about me I want you to go, you should go. You're a Latics fan it's what you do"

As dad deteriorated through the night I knew I wouldn't go to Southend and we got home at 3am after being at hospital for 15 hours knowing it could be curtains for him. After getting about two hours kip, we rang to see if he had survived the night. He had, and I renewed my season tickets first thing Saturday morning. 

Why? As you know I've simply had it with the doom and gloom and lack of a Plan or hope, but dad passed on his love of Latics to me and as the outlook for him is grimmer than grim, multiple organ failure and there's several machines at the moment keeping him alive. He needs a miracle, until his illness kicked in over the last 10 years we'd go home and away together most weeks and despite my loathing for the current regime I can't throwaway a bond developed through dad over 31 seasons. I know when the time comes for him i'll never be closer to him than when I'm at boundary park on a Saturday afternoon...

i can't let that go, I just can't...

Edited by oafcprozac

9 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

I was not renewing 100% (I know I say it every year - this year I wasn't, didn't even have the money)

then dad fell seriously ill last week. So ill we'd pretty much said our good byes on Friday night. I renewed Saturday morning for me and my daughter. I'd had it with this club this season and especially with the owner. 

Friday before dad was moved to the ICU and before he suffered his cardiac arrest and before being put into a medically induced coma he told me to go to Southend. " don't worry about me I want you to go, you should go. You're a Latics fan it's what you do"

As dad deteriorated through the night I knew I wouldn't go to Southend and we got home at 3am after being at hospital for 15 hours knowing it could be curtains for him. After getting about two hours kip, we rang to see if he had survived the night. He had, and I renewed my season tickets first thing Saturday morning. 

Why? As you know I've simply had it with the doom and gloom and lack of a Plan or hope, but dad passed on his love of Latics to me and as the outlook for him is grimmer than grim, multiple organ failure and there's several machines at the moment keeping him alive. He needs a miracle, until his illness kicked in over the last 10 years we'd go home and away together most weeks and despite my loathing for the current regime I can't throwaway a bond developed through dad over 31 seasons. I know when the time comes for him i'll never be closer to him than when I'm at boundary park on a Saturday afternoon...

Sorry about your dad Prozac, but his words are exactly right. " Your a latics fan it's what you do"

51 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

then dad fell seriously ill last week. So ill we'd pretty much said our good byes on Friday night. I renewed Saturday morning for me and my daughter. I'd had it with this club this season and especially with the owner. 

Wow, such a powerful post and best of luck to your dad! 

54 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

???

6 hours ago, NewBlue said:

1877 sold.

£400,000 is probably over twice as much as the revenue they had last year, with still more to come. This based on last year sales of 900 adults @ £150 and 300 concessions @ £120 (or some other number of sales the club were too embarrassed to publicise).

Sheridan should now be confidant his playing budget is not going to be blown out of the water this time round.    

Edited by mikeroyboy
mistake

46 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

£400,000 is probably over twice as much as the revenue they had last year, with still more to come. This based on last year sales of 900 adults @ £150 and 300 concessions @ £120 (or some other number of sales the club were too embarrassed to publicise).

Sheridan should now be confidant his playing budget is not going to be blown out of the water this time round.    

Depends how much of this money is plugging the current season's holes.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

Depends how much of this money is plugging the current season's holes.

I would like to think the increased cash at the turnstile would have gone a long way to covering that. I suspect the average home attendance will not be too shy of last years, if at all.

There is no doubt in my mind that the shambolic end to last season and the summer dearth of signings were due entirely to the 'win, win' offer, based on desperation, went badly wrong due to poor take up and winning three games.

17 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

Heart wrenching, but thoughts are with you.

22 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

Gulp! ?