Season Tickets 2017/18

Thanks for the good wishes ladies and gents. And despite our many differences of opinion your PM laticspete was very well appreciated. It's football at the end of the day and despite all our whingeing we are just one big dysfunctional Latics family.

As for dad he fights on, there's no change he's still in a coma but he's still here.

Thanks again...

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts are with you and your family Prozac.  My dad died on his way home from the Latics in Sep 2001.  It was just after we had beaten Bury 4:0 and unfortunately I wasn't with him that night as I was away with the RAF.  Every game I go to I look a where we used to sit in the main stand lower and feel both sad and happy.  Sad as I miss him every second of every day, but happy remembering all the times we shared together through the Latics.

8 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

Thanks for the good wishes ladies and gents. And despite our many differences of opinion your PM laticspete was very well appreciated. It's football at the end of the day and despite all our whingeing we are just one big dysfunctional Latics family.

As for dad he fights on, there's no change he's still in a coma but he's still here.

Thanks again...

We need everyone we can get...he's a fighter, we are bred to be fighters us Oldham fans. Big hug to you all

Edited by underdog

On 03/04/2017 at 7:38 PM, oafcprozac said:

I was not renewing 100% (I know I say it every year - this year I wasn't, didn't even have the money)

then dad fell seriously ill last week. So ill we'd pretty much said our good byes on Friday night. 

Friday before dad was moved to the ICU and before he suffered his cardiac arrest and before being put into a medically induced coma he told me to go to Southend. " don't worry about me I want you to go, you should go. You're a Latics fan it's what you do"

As dad deteriorated through the night I knew I wouldn't go to Southend and we got home at 3am after being at hospital for 15 hours knowing it could be curtains for him. After getting about two hours kip, we rang to see if he had survived the night. He had, and I renewed my season tickets first thing Saturday morning. 

Why? As you know I've simply had it with the doom and gloom and lack of a Plan or hope, but dad passed on his love of Latics to me and as the outlook for him is grimmer than grim, multiple organ failure and there's several machines at the moment keeping him alive. He needs a miracle, until his illness kicked in over the last 10 years we'd go home and away together most weeks and despite my loathing for the current regime I can't throwaway a bond developed through dad over 31 seasons. I know when the time comes for him i'll never be closer to him than when I'm at boundary park on a Saturday afternoon...

i can't let that go, I just can't...

My thoughts are with you. 

Dad defied the odds for over a week, he decided his fight was over at 3.30pm yesterday.

thanks for all your good wishes I really mean it. His love of all things blue and white will live on through me and his grandkids. 

Today will be a tough one but I'll be there. It's what dad would have wanted.

2 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Dad defied the odds for over a week, he decided his fight was over at 3.30pm yesterday.

thanks for all your good wishes I really mean it. His love of all things blue and white will live on through me and his grandkids. 

Sorry to hear that prozac, thoughts are with you and your family! 

21 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Sorry to hear Prozac hopefully the lads can do your dad proud and win today. Thoughts are with you and your family. 

2 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

I'm genuinely sorry.  Losing a parent is almost one of life's certainties.  But nothing makes it easy.  It's a huge loss.

27th February 2013 we lost a close family friend in the morning.  That was one hell of an emotional afternoon at Boundary Park.  Don't have second thoughts.  Make sure you go.

3 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

I'm glad you got to have some family time with him this week and you honour him well with the family traddition of coming to today's match.

lets hope the extra angel of the footy gods give us swift wingers and and a blessed strikers goals to boot.

if we score I'll roar extra hard for him 

My condolences. Hope Latics can get a win for him and you today. 

Thoughts are with you and your family Prozac, stay strong and I hope the lads do him proud today.

Just wanted to find out the cost of a season ticket for someone and logically looked on the official site "Tickets" "Season Tickets" what am I greeted with

Details of 2015/16 Season tickets then to 2016/17 Season Tickets "Support new Manager Steven Robinson and purchase  your 2016/17 Season Ticket now!"

Its hard to be positive at times about how our club is run

Came on here and found the link to the 2017/18 prices which is now buried in old news on the site.

Genuine question...as a fan who has either bought, thinking of buying, every bought a season ticket.

What do you see you ST money spent on?

Next season players, club up keep? 

Curious to see what we all thought

thanks in advance

Edited by underdog

Guest davidshaw

Honest answer - it's a convenient way for me to pay up front to watch my beloved team every home league game next season (and I also get a great discount on cost).

I trust the people that run the club to utilise the income they get from mine and other season ticket money in the best interests of the club - and therefore the priorities may change depending on circumstances at any one time. In reality, as long as I get what I paid for (i.e. match attendance) I don't actually give it much further thought.

If I didn't trust the people running the club, I wouldn't pay them in advance.

Guest davidshaw
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:28 AM, oafcprozac said:

Prozac - just read some of this thread properly - your experience puts things into absolute perspective - my sincere condolences. My dad too is the reason I have supported Latics all these years and he died many years ago now. Still get a lump in my throat some matchdays when Mouldy Old Dough plays - just brings back so many happy memories of Latics with my dad, uncle, brother and sister - exactly why we should all support Latics as best we can and spread the word/encourage children and grand children etc.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Genuine question...as a fan who has either bought, thinking of buying, every bought a season ticket.

thanks in advance

I'm not sure it really matters what the season ticket monies are spent on, you'd like to think it's used to keep the club ticking over during the summer when match day income dries up but based on the last two years early bird offers its probably spent before the previous season has even ended. 

We do have players on reasonable wages whose contracts run beyond this season and they will need financing over the summer months.

2 hours ago, underdog said:

thanks in advance

Renewed my 2 tickets today. There was no discount period for them.

I think, if you buy a season ticket, your expectations should not extend beyond all the fixtures that you have paid for being fulfilled. As long as that happens you've got what you paid for and the club can spend that money however they see fit.

In buying a season ticket you get a substantial discount vs pay on the day. 

If you pay on the day you pay more but have the right to not pay for games if you're not happy with the product on the pitch or are unhappy with other aspects of how the club is being run.

9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Wouldn't like to speculate, don't have all the receipts to hand so I may get shot down for not dealing in facts if I assume.

Thas ok I don't want you to speculate I want you to report if you have been told a concrete figure.  So if you or someone else has recently renewed, happened to ask and was told a figure by a club official behind the glass (who has no axe to grind and won't mind being quoted)...that will do. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Thas ok I don't want you to speculate I want you to report if you have been told a concrete figure.  So if you or someone else has recently renewed, happened to ask and was told a figure by a club official behind the glass (who has no axe to grind and won't mind being quoted)...that will do. Thanks. 

0161 785 5150 is the number you need, give them a bell yourself if it bothers you so much.

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:29 AM, yarddog73 said:

0161 785 5150 is the number you need, give them a bell yourself if it bothers you so much.

Sigh. Where did I say it bothers me?  I asked a simple question that someone may have had the answer to straight away. 

(voted down for this post... says it all about some of the people on this forum)

Edited by kowenicki

Fuck me Prozac, I only know you to say a casual passing hello to at BP, but you've just done me.

I'm in Los Christianos at the minute so have no Internet, got wifi in a beach bar so have just caught up on the last 3/4 days worth of OWTB. 

Without trying to sound like Bruce Willis in Die Hard, I consider myself to be a man's man. A 'proper' Salford lad. An emotionless, street hardened 42 year old cop of almost 20 years. I don't do tears.

The wife's just come back from the bogs and found me sat here crying like a 10 year old girl.

I go to Latics week in, week out, just me and my Dad. He's now in his late 60's. That's struck a chord, big time.

Chin up Big Man. Latics isn't everything but it's what we do, it's a huge part of us. 

Anyone who says it's just a game can get to fuck. 

RIP Prozac Snr.