Coach to Wimbledon

I'm thinking of organising a coach to Wimbledon away (subject to interest). Will depart Shaw at early o clock on 30th April to arrive in Kingston upon Thames mid morning, then depart back to Shaw after post match drinks. Cost £26 each.

Interested? Send me a message.

Never done this before, but needed a way of getting me and my mates to the match so thought why not ask if 40 odd others care to join me?

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

As long as they accept boozing

Still trying to negotiate that, they haven't said no but they have their reservations. They normally take a rugby team to away games and I've seen cases of ale being loaded onto the coach on more than one occasion before.  

He said its different going to football matches and the coach can effectively be turned away by the old bill if they board and we're all shit faced. 

Did this not happen to a couple of Barnsley coaches a season or two ago?? 

5 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Still trying to negotiate that, they haven't said no but they have their reservations. They normally take a rugby team to away games and I've seen cases of ale being loaded onto the coach on more than one occasion before.  

He said its different going to football matches and the coach can effectively be turned away by the old bill if they board and we're all shit faced. 

I've heard tell that such coaches often pull over some way from the destination and pack anything untidy in the hold 

13 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I've heard tell that such coaches often pull over some way from the destination and pack anything untidy in the hold 

Yes we used to do that back in the day on the boozer cruiser from the Clayton Arms. I'll do my best to convince them that we're not a bunch of drunken reprobates. Wish me luck! 

49 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Given a Wimbledon fan has just confirmed to me that there no chance we will end up with more than 700 tickets for away fans, if 300 have been snapped up already it might be worth getting a quote quick if there's a few on your list who haven't got a ticket yet as they're waiting for a way to get there.

51 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Given a Wimbledon fan has just confirmed to me that there no chance we will end up with more than 700 tickets for away fans, if 300 have been snapped up already it might be worth getting a quote quick if there's a few on your list who haven't got a ticket yet as they're waiting for a way to get there.

I have already, its £26 each if I can fill a 53 seater. Not cheap these coaches, but seems about right looking at what the cost of the official coaches are. Though I suspect Latics are making a couple of bob there? 

41 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I have already, its £26 each if I can fill a 53 seater. Not cheap these coaches, but seems about right looking at what the cost of the official coaches are. Though I suspect Latics are making a couple of bob there? 

No worries.  There's absolutely no chance we will fill a 53 seater, especially if they decide we can't booze. It'll be a struggle even if we can!

20 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

No worries.  There's absolutely no chance we will fill a 53 seater, especially if they decide we can't booze. It'll be a struggle even if we can!

Yes I think you maybe right? God loves a trier and was worth a go. We may have a plan B so watch this space...

45 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Yes I think you maybe right? God loves a trier and was worth a go. We may have a plan B so watch this space...

Please don't keep me waiting long as me and my mate don't have a ticket yet haha!

Update: 

We're now running a minibus, leaving about 5am ish from a location yet to be decided (but probably close to BP). Boozing on said minibus is allowed and encouraged. Cost £23 each on a first come first served basis, as of 3pm today there are 10 spaces available. 

Message me. 

11 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Showing my age a bit, Barlows used to run the club coaches back in th'day. 

C

Just shared it mate 

12 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Cheers. I'm not on Facebook, but I've put it on twitter (or at least I think I have). Bit of a twitter novice.