Ripley future

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we have a chance, just curious as to what he said. I think he will show up in the prem once or twice next season, if he is loaned out I'd imagine only to a championship club. This season has brought the best out in him, it's been a massive success for him and boro.

What would we say are his areas to improve on?

If I had to nit pick I would say his kicking (but this is still excellent for this level)

I also noticed he was a little slow off his line yesterday before being clattered by Vaughan.

Distribution is the only real weakness he's saved us on several one on ones this season in fact he rarely gets beat here so I would say being slow of his line isn't an issue.

But in the era of the sweeper keeper where distribution for a goalkeeper becomes more and more important he does tend to overhit his kicks.

Spinning this round what's the strongest part of his game? I'd say it one on ones he makes himself big

Edited by GlossopLatic

I think Lee Sinnott makes a good point and his only real weakness is his fitness and I reckon that alone has held him back, if he could trim down and get in better shape it would take him to the next level, technically he is spot on for me but needs to get on top of any nutrition and fitness issues.

Would.you say he is unfit though cos I wouldn't. I'd put him more in the well built category than being in with the lee crofts of this world

You may well be right and I've not seen his development since he was a kid but I'd suspect his size has been an issue and maybe his dedication, I dont think he's fat but he may need to work harder than some to keep his size down.

First time I had really noticed it today, but he carries a fair bit of weight doesn't he?

Not that it's hindered him this season. Indeed, he made a key save in the dying stages after Gerrard's blunder...

Noticed that too, but even more so Gerrard, who looked painfully slow yesterday. Fortunately Gerrard gets out of a few tricky situations with his reading of the game.

Croft also looks to be carrying excess weight and Taylor is very sluggish.

Makes me wonder if they bother to do any fitness training at all at the club.

Or perhaps its a diet problem of personal discipline.

In either case the clubs coaches should be looking to improve these aspects.

Edited by BP1960

Noticed that too, but even more so Gerrard, who looked painfully slow yesterday. Fortunately Gerrard gets out of a few tricky situations with his reading of the game.

Croft also looks to be carrying excess weight and Taylor is very sluggish.

Makes me wonder if they bother to do any fitness training at all at the club.

Or perhaps its a diet problem of personal discipline.

In either case the clubs coaches should be looking to improve these aspects.

They would all look like Kate Moss if they stood next to David Dunn

When I met his Middlesboro GK coach a while back he mentioned that diet and weight were an issue that he needed to get control of if he wants to be successful at the highest level.

It's obvious he isn't the most svelte like of players, but not so bad that it impacts on his performances. But you'd have to agree that he wouldn't make it in the Premiership like it.

When I met his Middlesboro GK coach a while back he mentioned that diet and weight were an issue that he needed to get control of if he wants to be successful at the highest level.

It's obvious he isn't the most svelte like of players, but not so bad that it impacts on his performances. But you'd have to agree that he wouldn't make it in the Premiership like it.

Looks more muscle that general weight. With his reactions and saves as they are that isn't an issue. Clubs these days focus on the wrong things. It's ridiculous.

Nowt wrong with his weight...I like a bit of meat on the bones, well to look at.

Footy wise if he was an out player then yes it would be an issue

He's been immense for us this season, god knows how further down the table we would be now.

Like everyone else has said distribution and Goal kicking needs to improve and has been improving too...noticed he has started to throw out sooner if our players are in place

The boy's done well and I hope will continue to do well and have a successful career.

Edited by underdog