Ripley future

Unless he sorts out his kicking and distribution he wont be anywhere near a Premier League side within a few seasons. Let him play in a team were he isn't constantly busy and then see how good his concentration levels are before predictions of stardom. Goalkeepers tend to look much better when they are busy and have more to do.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless he sorts out his kicking and distribution he wont be anywhere near a Premier League side within a few seasons. Let him play in a team were he isn't constantly busy and then see how good his concentration levels are before predictions of stardom. Goalkeepers tend to look much better when they are busy and have more to do.

He gets the ball into the opposition box more than most of our players!

Give over...Joe Hart's distribution is not the best but despite that he will walk into a Premiership side next season. Ripley's definitely good enough for the Championship now and will surely play at Premiership level in the near future. Best keeper I've ever seen at this level!

Comparing International Premier League winner Joe Hart with League 1 team keeper Connor Ripley....really!?

Harts distribution is excellent if you watch and Pep would love to have him in the side now but he wont admit he :censored:ed that up.

Ripley isn't Joe Hart! Ridiculous! He has massive improvements to make to be anywhere near his level ,not just distribution!

Edited by palmer1

Name a goalkeeper that plays Premier league football who every single game kicks the ball straight to the oppo goalkeeper or straight out of play like Ripley does?

I have said previously if some posters would like to check in this thread I have said he has kept us up this season has he has been excellent and deserves his place in the team of the season so this is not just a knock on his ability.

So if you actually know anything about football tell me how unless he improves this part of his game he will play Premier league football? If you cant put together a post about this without it being a insult don't bother.

Name a goalkeeper that plays Premier league football who every single game kicks the ball straight to the oppo goalkeeper or straight out of play like Ripley does?

I have said previously if some posters would like to check in this thread I have said he has kept us up this season has he has been excellent and deserves his place in the team of the season so this is not just a knock on his ability.

So if you actually know anything about football tell me how unless he improves this part of his game he will play Premier league football? If you cant put together a post about this without it being a insult don't bother.

Without looking Into it too much I'd be pretty confident to say more or less all premier league goalkeepers tend to not kick it upfield even half as much as a league one team. So not a fair comparison at all. I would throw him into the championship tomorrow and not have a worry for the lad, and then the season after premier league will be his for the taking. I must say the talk of England caps on here months ago is somewhat premature. Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

Without looking Into it too much I'd be pretty confident to say more or less all premier league goalkeepers tend to not kick it upfield even half as much as a league one team. So not a fair comparison at all. I would throw him into the championship tomorrow and not have a worry for the lad, and then the season after premier league will be his for the taking. I must say the talk of England caps on here months ago is somewhat premature.

I mentioned earlier he needs to play in a team were he won't be as busy. Test his concentration levels. He deserves a chance in the Championship next season. I still think he will bench warm at Boro if they go down though. Hopefully not.

I mentioned earlier he needs to play in a team were he won't be as busy. Test his concentration levels. He deserves a chance in the Championship next season. I still think he will bench warm at Boro if they go down though. Hopefully not.

Yeah I don't see your post as slating him. I think it will be interesting to see him develop, and if he keeps going the way he is I predict a bright future and genuinely really wish him all the best

Comparing International Premier League winner Joe Hart with League 1 team keeper Connor Ripley....really!?

Harts distribution is excellent if you watch and Pep would love to have him in the side now but he wont admit he :censored:ed that up.

Ripley isn't Joe Hart! Ridiculous! He has massive improvements to make to be anywhere near his level ,not just distribution!

Not if he watched his performance at the weekend, he wouldn't...

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Apart from the Milwall game, he has a tendency to just roll out of the way of any penalties he faces...

Shiltonesqe is how I'd describe him, saying that the two he fell on against Millwall may well prove crucial in the run in.

9 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Apart from the Milwall game, he has a tendency to just roll out of the way of any penalties he faces...

So he has a future England keeper role in a semifinal penalty loss to Germany on his horizon then :mmm:

On 02/04/2017 at 8:59 AM, josh_latics said:

Penalties are more than guesswork. 

He definitely sells himself too early, and a good player will register that. 

They can be more than guesswork but most of the time it is guesswork as him and Carlo Nash will study where past penalties have been scored/missed from the opposition's penalty taker prior to the game.

This doesn't always work however as many put them in different places and as such then becomes complete guesswork.

Also are you suggesting Lee Gregory isn't a good player due to him being trumped twice in minutes by Ripley? 

18 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

They can be more than guesswork but most of the time it is guesswork as him and Carlo Nash will study where past penalties have been scored/missed from the opposition's penalty taker prior to the game.

This doesn't always work however as many put them in different places and as such then becomes complete guesswork.

Also are you suggesting Lee Gregory isn't a good player due to him being trumped twice in minutes by Ripley? 

I wouldn't comment too much on his technique or otherwise but he certainly played the conditions well against Gregory.

With the pitch so slippery and the stakes so high Gregory was always likely to be pretty deliberate and safe which gave Ripley a decent chance if he read his approach.

Thankfully for us he did twice!!