Ripley future

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

Corney says Ripley might be unfit tomorrow.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/103161/no1-fan-dives-in-to-save-latics

(And shows he can reply to emails)

Unfit or not, he's got a record to match / break so I would be amazed if he didn't play.

And I'd rather an injured Ripley than a fit Kettings tbh...

16 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Unfit or not, he's got a record to match / break so I would be amazed if he didn't play.

And I'd rather an injured Ripley than a fit Kettings tbh...

Could be wrong (usually am) but I'm pretty sure Corney is just saying to entertain the kid....

I very much doubly Ripley is actually injured!

Just now, oafc_lover said:

Could be wrong (usually am) but I'm pretty sure Corney is just saying to entertain the kid....

I very much doubly Ripley is actually injured!

Agreed.

Well done Simon and anyone else involved in the response.  Takes me back many years to being a young fan and feeling fantastic when staff or players at the club went out of their way to make your day/week/year/lifetime up to that point.

4 minutes ago, lalalajpkalala said:

Agreed.

Well done Simon and anyone else involved in the response.  Takes me back many years to being a young fan and feeling fantastic when staff or players at the club went out of their way to make your day/week/year/lifetime up to that point.

My 19 year old was ecstatic after having his photo taken with Ngooooo on Saturday!

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Would be nice if Shez took him off in the 85th minute tomorrow so we can give him a decent ovation. Remember Notts Co doing it for Kasper S the other year...

Kettings to conceded atleast 2 in that time. Would leave it till a min to go. ?

13 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Would be nice if Shez took him off in the 85th minute tomorrow so we can give him a decent ovation. Remember Notts Co doing it for Kasper S the other year...

Great idea this. Touching on the player of the year if it was close or Ripley were to be just pipped I'd be tempted to award a joint winner as it seems unfair that one of them should miss out, not the norm I know but those two are so far ahead and have both been immense.

Are clean sheets an officially tracked stat?

I know in the NHL, even if a 2nd goalie comes on for 10 seconds, neither gets the credit for a "shutout".

I'd like to think with fans staying behind to clap the players, he'll get special recognition then.

Of course, with such uninspiring seasons, you don't get that many staying behind these days.

Edited by Simpo

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

Of course, with such uninspiring seasons, you don't get that many staying behind these days.

Or people who do but get tired of waiting for kids and some Herbert in an ill fitting home kit (no Gerrard jokes) to get off the pitch.

45 minutes ago, ChrisA said:

Or people who do but get tired of waiting for kids and some Herbert in an ill fitting home kit (no Gerrard jokes) to get off the pitch.

Haha, true. At least it doesn't surprise me any more.

Connor Ripley: best ever loan player?

Great interview with two young Latics fans who post a pretty impressive VLOG after most games, I've been watching Rhys Parson's match VLOG's and I must say he gives a pretty fair and accurate account of our games, young fans like this lad are our clubs future and his coverage of our games and interviews are first class, this one with Connor was particularly interesting. 

Great interview from them young lads. Really well done and better than a lot of adults I've seen. Could have a future there. 

Mr Ripley , I'm pretty sure I'm not gay but I fucking love you man ! Really good how he shows a genuine interest in the lads views and just makes it easy for them to ask him the questions.