Winding up petition from HM Customs

22 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

I am constantly amazed at the 'nothing to see' brigade who hint or explicitly say that it is fine or not at all worrying that we need to be subject to winding up petitions before paying bills.

Then they go on to moan about people moaning-without realising the irony.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jsslatic said:

I am constantly amazed at the 'nothing to see' brigade who hint or explicitly say that it is fine or not at all worrying that we need to be subject to winding up petitions before paying bills.

Speak to me when we get wound up because we haven't paid the bill. Not when we've done what a lot of other clubs do and pay something late.  

36 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Speak to me when we get wound up because we haven't paid the bill. Not when we've done what a lot of other clubs do and pay something late.  

Would you give credit to a business that was being threatened with winding up orders regularly?  I wouldn't. 

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

Like who?

What a bizarre question - there's a myriad of them.  Take you pick - pie supplier/cleaning company/painters & decorators/grass seed firm.....

Any sensible business understands the concept of risk and reward - if you take a risk by supplying a firm with a dodgy credit history will charge more/give less beneficial terms etc.

24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

What a bizarre question - there's a myriad of them.  Take you pick - pie supplier/cleaning company/painters & decorators/grass seed firm.....

Any sensible business understands the concept of risk and reward - if you take a risk by supplying a firm with a dodgy credit history will charge more/give less beneficial terms etc.

Won't need to struggle when all those who said they'd start coming back once SC shows he cares about something other than just narrowly avoiding relegation actually start coming back

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Won't need to struggle when all those who said they'd start coming back once SC shows he cares about something other than just narrowly avoiding relegation actually start coming back

Maybe so but thanks for confirming you were talking nonsense.

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Maybe so but thanks for confirming you were talking nonsense.

Not nonsense is it. All the bills get paid. Albeit some later than others. I'm sure anyone who gets involved with a football club understands the risks

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Not nonsense is it. All the bills get paid. Albeit some later than others. I'm sure anyone who gets involved with a football club understands the risks

St Johns was out of pocket post the Moore era.  Doesn't really make one proud does it?

15 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

St Johns was out of pocket post the Moore era.  Doesn't really make one proud does it?

Who said anything about proud? Football clubs are not a normal business. Nobody gets involved without knowing the risks. Is it good that the bills are sometimes late? No. Has it been the end of the world? No. Well to some here it has

3 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

now there is!

Form a march of the disgruntled, paint some placards and burn an effigy.

That'll show 'em and will undoubtedly change everything.

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I suppose you think it's also acceptable to pay your staff consistently late as well?

Nobody thinks that.  What are you going to do about it?  What can you change and achieve by constantly whining on here about such matters?  Matters  anout which you actually know very little about apart from the press may say or what someone 'in the know' says a mate told them...

49 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Nobody thinks that.  What are you going to do about it?  What can you change and achieve by constantly whining on here about such matters?  Matters  anout which you actually know very little about apart from the press may say or what someone 'in the know' says a mate told them...

We can do nothing about it but it doesn't make it acceptable and the fact that it's becoming common practice is a worry.

Archived