Winding up petition from HM Customs

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I live a lot of my life by one of his quotes

Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish. Picture all experts as if they were mammals. Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

I'm more of a "Win or lose, have a booze" man.....

11 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Christ you are a walking cliche aren't you.  Someone dares to disagree with a Marxist and its always "You read the Mail! you fascist!".  Just because they disagree... and heaven forbid they have an opinion of their own, formulated on their own, based on their own life experiences.  Grow up.  I hope you are a teenager or young adult, there is no other excuse for your mind-set of jealous envious rage and child like whining.  You just spout the same old bitter bollocks day after day, what a miserable way to live.  I don't read the Mail, just like I don't read the Guardian or Independent or Telegraph or any newspaper for that matter - all biased rags.  I'd say that these days a lot of my views and standpoints come from me having a deep interest in a number of thinkers and commentators including the writing of possibly one of the greatest thinkers of our times, Hitchens... now there is a rampant right winger.  Try opening your mind and not coming at everything with a pre loaded agenda.  Most people learn that with age. 

So you're over the election then. 

6 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Your'e wrong

My fav books of his being of course, Hitch 22, sensational life story, letters to a young contrarian and god is not great.  I live a lot of my life by one of his quotes

Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish. Picture all experts as if they were mammals. Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

BRILLIANT!

Peter Hitchens, however,  is a bit of a pillock.

Some reasonable points on there but...

Picture all experts as if they were mammals.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

6 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Still yawning.  Picking over a slip of the keyboard to attempt to get some kind of 'win' on an internet forum. 

how fragile your ego must be...   I think we are done unless you have another weak minded and childish retort.

6 hours ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

No, happy to leave it there. Labour 8 points up on yougov I note. Damn students. Bye

Well, you both lose - find somewhere else to squabble like 9 year olds for a bit...

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Well, you both lose - find somewhere else to squabble like 9 year olds for a bit...

Thank Fuck for that. 

For all the stick Mods get they do know when enough is enough and put a stop to it quickly.

To get this, slightly, back on topic I've heard a rumour that one of the club's creditors has, or will soon be, sending the bailiffs in.

8 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Thank Fuck for that. 

For all the stick Mods get they do know when enough is enough and put a stop to it quickly.

To get this, slightly, back on topic I've heard a rumour that one of the club's creditors has, or will soon be, sending the bailiffs in.

Same bailiffs that repossessed the groundsman's equipment?

7 minutes ago, piglinbland said:

Time to bring Eric hobsbawm into the thread. Blows both the Hitchins out of the water, and some!

Especially good -  "Interesting Times : A Twentieth Century Life".

There's no Marxist shite on the bookshelves in MY house.

9 minutes ago, piglinbland said:

Obviously never read any Hobsbawn, then.

No, never came across him during my 2 political philosophy degrees.

For clarity I should point out that Rosa is both a Marxist and my wife. Fuck her luck, eh?

His works are only coherent if viewed through the Hegelian zeitgeist approach to human history, which I don't subscribe to. Also, the club owe him for some work he did putting a door on the ladies bogs in the North stand, but as it was a casher I doubt he'll be getting the bailiffs in.

3 minutes ago, piglinbland said:

So, in a nutshell, I'm better read than you, in spite of your two political philosophy degrees.

OK,  I'll admit it. I've read some Hobsbawm. And Hegel and Marx. And Engels. I'm reading Mark Nicholas at the moment, I really hope he managed to introduce Tiger Woods to Warney. Can you imagine the scenes?

8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I'm not confusing anything 

Actually you are. I seriously doubt the company involved have looked to take the groundsman's equipment as payment. They might have taken other equipment, as hinted by Jorvik.

10 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Actually you are. I seriously doubt the company involved have looked to take the groundsman's equipment as payment. They might have taken other equipment, as hinted by Jorvik.

I'm still not confused. It was a dig at the folk who came on here stating the groundsman equipment had been repossessed by bailiffs

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I'm still not confused. It was a dig at the folk who came on here stating the groundsman equipment had been repossessed by bailiffs

No one said they'd been repossessed by bailiffs. People said that the equipment had been taken, also that bailiffs had been at the club for a separate debt. 

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

No one said they'd been repossessed by bailiffs. People said that the equipment had been taken, also that bailiffs had been at the club for a separate debt. 

That's not how it started out. Was definitely said on here the equipment had been repossessed.

Archived