WImbledon Tickets

2 hours ago, brookfield_blue said:

Does anyone know why League One finishes a week earlier than the Championship and League Two?

I asked the same question on another thread earlier today.

Crusoe explained that it's because the FA cup final has been scheduled for the same weekend as the play off finals this year so one final had to move. They chose to move the league 1 final a week earlier meaning the season ends a week earlier too.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bozman said:

I asked the same question on another thread earlier today.

Crusoe explained that it's because the FA cup final has been scheduled for the same weekend as the play off finals this year so one final had to move. They chose to move the league 1 final a week earlier meaning the season ends a week earlier too.

Cheers bozman. I thought there was more to it than tv schedules as it's not normally a problem. 

7 minutes ago, brookfield_blue said:

Cheers bozman. I thought there was more to it than tv schedules as it's not normally a problem. 

I think it's also something to do with Sky wanting to be able to give each league's final day individual coverage hence the noon kick off (Super Sunday is on). IIRC it happened last year too but i think all football league fixtures finished on the same weekend.

10 minutes ago, Oafc88 said:

I think it's also something to do with Sky wanting to be able to give each league's final day individual coverage hence the noon kick off (Super Sunday is on). IIRC it happened last year too but i think all football league fixtures finished on the same weekend.

We kicked off at noon on Sunday last season. Pretty sure Champ and L2 played Saturday lunchtime and evening,  but everybody finished the same weekend.

A set of circumstances has meant  that I can't go on Sunday   FFS

so I have a standing ticket if anyone wants it.

Only trouble is I live in Birmingham so I ned to post it to whoever tomorrow and trust to luck!

get in touch

Edited by 4oakslatic

1 hour ago, 4oakslatic said:

A set of circumstances has meant  that I can't go on Sunday   FFS

so I have a standing ticket if anyone wants it.

Only trouble is I live in Birmingham so I ned to post it to whoever tomorrow and trust to luck!

get in touch

How much do you want for it? I have mine but I know someone who may be interested.

793 tics today (700 allocation??) 

Thats a remarkable following for a London away game with nothing at stake and such a ridiculous ko time.

If we could challenge up near the top for a change next season our away days could be phenomenal!!!

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Thats a remarkable following for a London away game with nothing at stake and such a ridiculous ko time.

If we could challenge up near the top for a change next season our away days could be phenomenal!!!

Good crack today. We got tickets for the home end but just went in through the away turnstiles.... No questions asked! 

5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Very much so.

There official capacity is 4850, funny how there were 4867 there.

Incidentally their highest ever attendance is 4870, we were only 3 short. There were a few empty seats too.

6 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Very much so.

There official capacity is 4850, funny how there were 4867 there.

Incidentally their highest ever attendance is 4870, we were only 3 short. There were a few empty seats too.

Any feel for how many Latics fans there were London/ South based?

Absolute top day from breakfast in Spoons with what seemed like 200 Oldham, passing round the "Frankfurt Spirit" to the atmosphere in the ground, Shez showing he's cool as fuck passing on the wave and giving us the V with a big smile on his face then the respect of both fans at the end - "who the fuck are mk dons"...can't wait for next season and another 9 month adventure with the greatest set of fans in this country! 

11 hours ago, DerbyshireLatic said:

Shez showing he's cool as fuck passing on the wave and giving us the V with a big smile on his face

Had a good laugh at him telling us to "stay out of trouble" as he was getting on the coach. You can talk, Mr I'm Gonna Fucking Knock You Out You Fucking Cunt. ?

Brilliant weekend from the Saturday morning sambuca breakfast in the Euston Rocket, premier inn around London Bridge some cracking pubs there before heading over to fisher fc and their game with Erith finishing suspiciously 10-1 to the already relegated 'Fish' , craft beers, pot noodles and invites to their end of season awrards. Then over to Wembley with my son to watch Joshua/klitschko. 

Early start sunday  few beers, good chat with the Wimbledon fans. Bit of snore draw but I'll take mundane after securing safety. Few more beers before getting the train home.

After the last few weeks it was a much needed blow out. Actually looking forward to next season under Shez...