Celebrity Fan

So he's a fan by his Grandad's association selling pies ?    Very much doubt you will ever see him at a game ....unless of course we reach the premiership again and then he can jump on that bandwagon and claim to have supported 'Latics  all his life .. somewhat like that small boy band member Mark Owen.  It is very nice of the club to send him a free shirt I wonder if he will wear it as an act of defiance whilst walking over Westminster bridge ? :mmm:

It's a £20 (?) shirt that has now been seen by however many gazillion twitter followers he has. Cheap marketing and, no, it probably won't directly result in any of them becoming regular attendees but there is much to be said for awareness. 

34 minutes ago, Combo said:

So he's a fan by his Grandad's association selling pies ?    Very much doubt you will ever see him at a game ....unless of course we reach the premiership again and then he can jump on that bandwagon and claim to have supported 'Latics  all his life .. somewhat like that small boy band member Mark Owen.  It is very nice of the club to send him a free shirt I wonder if he will wear it as an act of defiance whilst walking over Westminster bridge ? :mmm:

There are plenty of people on here who claim to support Latics but don't actually go as well☺

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It's a £20 (?) shirt that has now been seen by however many gazillion twitter followers he has. Cheap marketing and, no, it probably won't directly result in any of them becoming regular attendees but there is much to be said for awareness. 

Awareness of what ,the fact wev'e been pretty much shite for the past 20yrs ?...I'l hazard a guess that they will already know.

7 hours ago, Combo said:

If you don't like him, you could hve just said.

7 hours ago, Combo said:

...somewhat like that small boy band member Mark Owen.....

Did he?

I used to play amateur Saturday football for a team called Middleton [not that one] who hailed from Heysham, nr Lancaster & Morecambe, in a Lancashire/Cumbria league in the late nineties. One particular Saturday we played Kirby Lonsdale away..... they were going better than we were in the league and so we were gonna need to grind one out.

As we were getting changed, our manager came up to our left back [whom I was sitting next to] - he was a right nutcase, an hard as nails scaffolder - and said to him, "They've got that lad, Owen Mark or whatever he's called, out of that pop group on their right wing today. He's quick and has one or two tricks but is soft as sh1t, so I want you to hit him early".

5 mins in, Owen gets the ball.... and then like a flash, gets clattered by our scaffolder. As he's nursing his leg, scaffolder stands over him and shouts "Take That!". :lol:

Just now, lookersstandandy said:

Did he?

I used to play amateur Saturday football for a team called Middleton [not that one] who hailed from Heysham, nr Lancaster & Morecambe, in a Lancashire/Cumbria league in the late nineties. One particular Saturday we played Kirby Lonsdale away..... they were going better than we were in the league and so we were gonna need to grind one out.

As we were getting changed, our manager came up to our left back [whom I was sitting next to] - he was a right nutcase, an hard as nails scaffolder - and said to him, "They've got that lad, Owen Mark or whatever he's called, out of that pop group on their right wing today. He's quick and has one or two tricks but is soft as sh1t, so I want you to hit him early".

5 mins in, Owen gets the ball.... and then like a flash, gets clattered by our scaffolder. As he's nursing his leg, scaffolder stands over him and shouts "Take That!". :lol:

Yes that my hazy memory of the 90s seems to remember....and good story although its a shame he didn't clatter him in the gob which would have saved us the agonising pain of "Clementine" :petesake:

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Club Twitter saying Kevin Sinfield a tic

Is he?

I saw him interviewed once and asked what he would do if he won the big lottery. Said he'd bung a few million each to us and the Roughies

Edited by Dave_Og

Listening to 5Live on Thursday where they did a music/sport event.  Liam Fray from the Courteeners was on it and was asked about inspiring music from the Manchester football teams.

His reply was "I wouldn't know, I'm an Oldham Athletic fan."  Then said about Mouldy Old Dough and they changed the subject.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Listening to 5Live on Thursday where they did a music/sport event.  Liam Fray from the Courteeners was on it and was asked about inspiring music from the Manchester football teams.

His reply was "I wouldn't know, I'm an Oldham Athletic fan."  Then said about Mouldy Old Dough and they changed the subject.

Liam is a United fan.

Conan is a regular in the North Stand.