Further info on winding up petition process

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an unadvertised petition the month before (which was sorted) and this one won't be satisfied until the next court hearing at the start of May. 

Some would be surprised at how many football clubs have the same petitions served against them when it's only every now & again, the press seem to highlight them.

26 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

There was an unadvertised petition the month before (which was sorted) and this one won't be satisfied until the next court hearing at the start of May. 

Some would be surprised at how many football clubs have the same petitions served against them when it's only every now & again, the press seem to highlight them.

The knack is to settle them before they appear in the Gazette. Now that's happened the club has little control over what happens next. We might not need speculation or guesses about what we owe if the club isn't able to make its creditors happy in the next few weeks 

I do genuinely wonder how folk like McFlufferboy and his sort would feel if the club ceased to exist tomorrow.

Probably a shrug of the shoulders and little more thought to it. As several have said...it appears we should just wait for that day to happen before daring to even question the endless shit decisions the club makes.

Nah...some care more than others thankfully.

We have had many of these so called winding up orders over two years. Told not to worry soon be paid off.

The worrying thing is they are becoming far to much of a common occurrence.

Yes we ain't in a mess like Blackpool, Charlton, Coventry or Orient. 

However it's the right that the trust are asking these questions now.

I look back to when Paul Dickov was in charge and we had that month of few games due to postponements.

If one of these winding up orders occurred again and we had very little money in the kitty. Or Mother Nature his us hard.

Yes there is some fans that will use anything for an Anti Corney right but the Corney lovers need to accept other fans have the right to be concerned and express there worries.

yes 

Yes the trust have a right to ask questions. Same with the scoreboard. But what the trust should do is stick to facts. So they've been told for example the scoreboard fund hasn't been touched. Yet they're straight on here basically calling Corney a liar. That's people who are in the trust. 

I used to think they did a job and respected them. Not now. They're just after a moan about anything like the rest a lot of them

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Yes the trust have a right to ask questions. Same with the scoreboard. But what the trust should do is stick to facts. So they've been told for example the scoreboard fund hasn't been touched. Yet they're straight on here basically calling Corney a liar. That's people who are in the trust. 

I used to think they did a job and respected them. Not now. They're just after a moan about anything like the rest a lot of them

It's a fact that an organisation that is clearly having trouble paying the bills has a charge against it held by a  football agent who is a business associate of Steven Vaughan.

Nothing the Trust said regarding the Scoreboard was wrong. We have yet to confirm where the money raised is held and whether it has always been there.

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

How well do you know any of the people on the trust other than via on here? 

Compared to 4 years ago under Barry Owen when stuff was kept quiet alot of these fans where asking questions what others where on here.

Matt Chambers also mentioned it on Twitter not just someone who wanted to use Twitter to shit stir?

For me there has to be some sort of truth in it? Maybe the club where felt they where pushed into a corner?

17 minutes ago, singe said:

Why do we have to be either a Corney Lover or a Corney Hater?
The world is not black or white, right or wrong.

Correct but some posters don't see it that way my point is there is not harm Eitherway with the questions being asked without being labelled either.

11 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Your naivety is quite incredible, what exactly do you think the Trusts remit is? Are they supposed to sit back whilst our illustrious leader takes us from shit storm to shit storm, they have a responsibility to the fans of the club and as a fan I'm glad they are asking uncomfortable questions on our behalf.

32 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Nope. You're the liar. They did stick to facts.

The trust asked questions. They asked for confirmation about the scoreboard money being used or not. None was forthcoming.

That meant it was time for them to act. They did so after the Trust meeting. A couple of days later the club announce their LED boards and update on the scoreboard fund. My opinion is this was deliberate to undermine the trust & fuel nonsense from people like you.

Trust have done nothing wrong. You will just fight anyone who points out clear evidence of the club being obstructive, evasive and shitting on fans and tell them black is white. As I've said previously, nothing but a wind up merchant.

Edited by boundaryblue80

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Yeah it was well better when Barry Owen ran the show and regularly berated our fans for being ungrateful plebs. 

5 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Is this not a good thing? But as per usual somebody manages to find a negative.

Not necessarily a good thing. Agent fees are just reflective of budgets. The less money involved in deals the less you'll pay out to agents.

We signed a lot of players late on in the summer who pretty much had nowhere else to go, agents wouldn't have had a leg to stand on as far as their fee goes.

Edited by dec666

To be applauded. Agents are a feckin' nuisance and parasite on football.  

But the club can't win again.  "Just means we never sign anyone" 

If we had paid a higher figure. "Club is so gullible being had over by agents, club is wasting money"

25 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

To be applauded. Agents are a feckin' nuisance and parasite on football.  

But the club can't win again.  "Just means we never sign anyone" 

If we had paid a higher figure. "Club is so gullible being had over by agents, club is wasting money"

OK Barry.