Further info on winding up petition process

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

Ye on both questions.

The Gazette doesn't retract.

So the club are lying?  I think the actual message was supposed to be the hearing will set aside the petition immediately, as they did last time, due to the debt being settled.

Edited by kowenicki

Guest davidshaw

As a new joiner to this (in fact, any) forum, I don't wish to become embroiled in all this BUT just an observation. There does appear to be a fair few "supporters" who like to create negativity about Latics. Personally, I would be amazed if anything dire is about to happen to financially. Signing a manager and some of the key players on longer term contracts, installing excellent perimeter advertising boards and a vast improvement in performances - doesn't "look" like a club on the precipice to me.

Of course mistakes have been made in the past but all I can do really as a supporter - is - SUPPORT. Hence why I`ve bought a season ticket in advance and will watch my team wherever we end up - it's Latics - it's who I have supported since being a kid.

There seems to be a lot of drama around bailiffs turning up etc. I remember bailiffs turning up at reception at a company I used to work at. Some relatively small debt and the paperwork had simply gone unnoticed amongst the sea of other paperwork. The applicant therefore got a County Court Judgement, instructed bailiffs - and they were paid off on the day. It happens, it's business, it's not actually unusual at all in business.

I trust those who run the club to sort such things out (they always have to date) - and I`ll just try and help my club as best I can - by supporting them.

I genuinely think things are looking up (wherever we end up) and if there's one thing people in this town need to realise it's to support your town's professional football club. I would imagine it's really boring supporting City and United - come and sample some real old fashioned football!

Up the Latics!

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

So the club are lying?  I think the actual message was supposed to be the hearing will set aside the petition immediately, as they did last time, due to the debt being settled.

They said in the statement that the HMRC were going to publish a retraction in the next edition of the Gazette

"The liability to HMRC referred to in the winding up order had already been paid in full and we are expecting a formal retraction from HMRC in the next edition of the London Gazette.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-3635983.aspx#skfkj7jfJGJcsTK2.99"

There has been no formal retraction.

I can't say yes or no if this is a lie as I don't know.

Guest davidshaw
1 minute ago, boundaryblue80 said:

"who like to create negativity"

Yeah, coz news of Winding Up orders are something to feel really positive about....

Next...

Course it's not a positive news story boundary - but there are lots of positives at the moment to focus on at Latics - you are not going to be able to sort the WUP out - so leave it to those whose job it is to do so - and enjoy supporting your team :D

8 minutes ago, davidshaw said:

As a new joiner to this (in fact, any) forum, I don't wish to become embroiled in all this BUT just an observation. There does appear to be a fair few "supporters" who like to create negativity about Latics. Personally, I would be amazed if anything dire is about to happen to financially. Signing a manager and some of the key players on longer term contracts, installing excellent perimeter advertising boards and a vast improvement in performances - doesn't "look" like a club on the precipice to me.

Of course mistakes have been made in the past but all I can do really as a supporter - is - SUPPORT. Hence why I`ve bought a season ticket in advance and will watch my team wherever we end up - it's Latics - it's who I have supported since being a kid.

There seems to be a lot of drama around bailiffs turning up etc. I remember bailiffs turning up at reception at a company I used to work at. Some relatively small debt and the paperwork had simply gone unnoticed amongst the sea of other paperwork. The applicant therefore got a County Court Judgement, instructed bailiffs - and they were paid off on the day. It happens, it's business, it's not actually unusual at all in business.

I trust those who run the club to sort such things out (they always have to date) - and I`ll just try and help my club as best I can - by supporting them.

I genuinely think things are looking up (wherever we end up) and if there's one thing people in this town need to realise it's to support your town's professional football club. I would imagine it's really boring supporting City and United - come and sample some real old fashioned football!

Up the Latics!

You'll get nowhere with that attitude! :D

Spoiler
Spoiler

Just now, boundaryblue80 said:

"who like to create negativity"

Yeah, coz news of Winding Up orders are something to feel really positive about....

Next...

I would imagine he is referring to the general tone and intention of a few posters.  There is no doubt that a few here love a good old negative rumour... they fan the flames of those rumours for as long and as hard as possible.  They make snide, sarcastic and negative comments daily. They automatically think the worst.  

2 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

They said in the statement that the HMRC were going to publish a retraction in the next edition of the Gazette

"The liability to HMRC referred to in the winding up order had already been paid in full and we are expecting a formal retraction from HMRC in the next edition of the London Gazette.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-3635983.aspx#skfkj7jfJGJcsTK2.99"

There has been no formal retraction.

I can't say yes or no if this is a lie as I don't know.

I think the club is mistaken. Not sure they do that.  I think normal practice is that it is just immediately set aside on the day.

Just now, kowenicki said:

I would imagine he is referring to the general tone and intention of a few posters.  There is no doubt that a few here love a good old negative rumour... they fan the flames of those rumours for as long and as hard as possible.  They make snide, sarcastic and negative comments daily. They automatically think the worst.  

People know that I am really not negative when it comes to Latics, I'm a realist. I have defended the club so much in the past - BB80, what have I been like?

2 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

People know that I am really not negative when it comes to Latics, I'm a realist. I have defended the club so much in the past - BB80, what have I been like?

Why would you assume he or I was referring to you?

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Topics like this one tend to actually start out quite well discussed. It's when the digs about folk "creating negativity" (the latest one from a "I'm new, I come in peace" then straight in with it) and the belittling of concerned posters by those who think the club can either do no wrong or simply have "made a couple of mistakes" this is when they descend into a circle of bickering.

Go back to how it started on this topic...it went downhill from McFlufferboy calling the Trust liars. I put him straight using facts. And here we are now pages later mudslinging. It is a fact the bailiffs turned up last week. I don't know the facts of why. Please copy and paste where I have. Can you also copy and paste where I have thought the worst about these bailiffs turning up? This will be interesting....

PS You do realise bailiffs on the doorstep is a bad thing, right? Just checking.

6 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Topics like this one tend to actually start out quite well discussed. It's when the digs about folk "creating negativity" (the latest one from a "I'm new, I come in peace" then straight in with it) and the belittling of concerned posters by those who think the club can either do no wrong or simply have "made a couple of mistakes" this is when they descend into a circle of bickering.

Go back to how it started on this topic...it went downhill from McFlufferboy calling the Trust liars. I put him straight using facts. And here we are now pages later mudslinging. It is a fact the bailiffs turned up last week. I don't know the facts of why. Please copy and paste where I have. Can you also copy and paste where I have thought the worst about these bailiffs turning up? This will be interesting....

PS You do realise bailiffs on the doorstep is a bad thing, right? Just checking.

I have no idea of the circumstances of the bailiffs turning up or if indeed they actually did. If you know more then tell us.  Don't give me this defending people nonsense.

Give me the circumstances and I will give you my verdict.  It can happen through something trivial, you know that.

Creating little derisory nicknames for people you don't agree with doesn't help your cause either.

Nobody has a monopoly on being right.

Edited by kowenicki

On 7 April 2017 at 6:05 PM, kowenicki said:

To be applauded. Agents are a feckin' nuisance and parasite on football.  

But the club can't win again.  "Just means we never sign anyone" 

If we had paid a higher figure. "Club is so gullible being had over by agents, club is wasting money"

Sure I have read or heard Corney even Barry Owen mention how agents have screwed Oldham over before.

That lad we had on trial who played for Real Madrid B comes to mind.

Think it was Crewe not sure if they still do never paid any agency fees 

I'm a new to any forum and Latics really I can see both points of view.

There is negativity on here at times and at also at games - Chris Taylor for one gets a lot of stick at times which is completely unjustified. 

Noaenever doesnt post here anymore and either does BP1960 both came across to me as intelligent people who know a bit about football - but they've been put off. 

Having said all of this I can understand entirely why there is the negativity - WUP, transfer embargo and that's just recently.  I work in finance with businesses similar size to Latics and have for almost 20-years - yes these things happen but they are not normal. 

Likewise, the fiasco around the North stand delays and the lack of communication from the club - I've bought tickets online for every game since January - in that time I've had guess how many emails from the Club promoting their services....

There is a lack of trust of Corney which to me seems  entirely justified given issues over a number of years. My perception is that as a business it is not well run. 

Against this there is a lot of good  the phrase I think davidshaw used is come and sample some old fashioned football- effectively what I did.  For me, it has reminded me why I fell in love with football - which wasn't Carlos Juggling Balls from Brazil being paid £300K per week. 

Since January my kids have been mascots, bench buddies, done coaching at school, been to the trust holiday club. They are invested, they love Connor Ripley, Peter Clarke and Anthony Gerrard for their commitment that is evident on the pitch. Warts and all we've all really enjoyed it resulting in  my family (5 of us) having signed up to season tickets next year. 

The Club clearly need more people like me - basically new fans and even I find it frustrating at the seemingly lack of effort to achieve this. My son is 9, we live with 2-miles of the ground. There is 1 other kid in his class who could tell you the name of even one Oldham player. 

But is there cause to be optimistic? Overall for me yes, we've the core of a really good side next season led by Sheridan Clarke, Holloway, Gerrard, Fane, hopefully McLaughlin, Green, Tope. We beat 3rd in the league on Saturday - nothing special about them at all - so it won't take much more to push on.

Yes im optimistic, but then I haven't had years of being let down of many levels, plus seeing best players (and managers) disappear the minute a small amount of money is waved about! 

1 minute ago, Theoutsider said:

I'm a new to any forum and Latics really I can see both points of view.

There is negativity on here at times and at also at games - Chris Taylor for one gets a lot of stick at times which is completely unjustified. 

Noaenever doesnt post here anymore and either does BP1960 both came across to me as intelligent people who know a bit about football - but they've been put off. 

Having said all of this I can understand entirely why there is the negativity - WUP, transfer embargo and that's just recently.  I work in finance with businesses similar size to Latics and have for almost 20-years - yes these things happen but they are not normal. 

Likewise, the fiasco around the North stand delays and the lack of communication from the club - I've bought tickets online for every game since January - in that time I've had guess how many emails from the Club promoting their services....

There is a lack of trust of Corney which to me seems  entirely justified given issues over a number of years. My perception is that as a business it is not well run. 

Against this there is a lot of good  the phrase I think davidshaw used is come and sample some old fashioned football- effectively what I did.  For me, it has reminded me why I fell in love with football - which wasn't Carlos Juggling Balls from Brazil being paid £300K per week. 

Since January my kids have been mascots, bench buddies, done coaching at school, been to the trust holiday club. They are invested, they love Connor Ripley, Peter Clarke and Anthony Gerrard for their commitment that is evident on the pitch. Warts and all we've all really enjoyed it resulting in  my family (5 of us) having signed up to season tickets next year. 

The Club clearly need more people like me - basically new fans and even I find it frustrating at the seemingly lack of effort to achieve this. My son is 9, we live with 2-miles of the ground. There is 1 other kid in his class who could tell you the name of even one Oldham player. 

But is there cause to be optimistic? Overall for me yes, we've the core of a really good side next season led by Sheridan Clarke, Holloway, Gerrard, Fane, hopefully McLaughlin, Green, Tope. We beat 3rd in the league on Saturday - nothing special about them at all - so it won't take much more to push on.

Yes im optimistic, but then I haven't had years of being let down of many levels, plus seeing best players (and managers) disappear the minute a small amount of money is waved about! 

sad that neither Nonaynever or BP post on here but if they think this page is bad I suggest they avoid a certain OAFC group on Facebook that makes OWTB look like a place of Harmony & love

Under normal circumstances don't think this is bad at all. Bottom line is you are entitled to an opinion and it is an emotive subject. People care deeply for the club which is where it also stems from and it's hard to criticise anyone for that. 

Just now, kowenicki said:

I have no idea of the circumstances of the bailiffs turning up or if indeed they actually did. If you know more then tell us.  Don't give me this defending people nonsense.

Give me the circumstances and I will give you my verdict.  It can happen through something trivial, you know that.

As I said above... " It is a fact the bailiffs turned up last week. I don't know the facts of why. "

As I say, it's nothing to feel positive about. We are clapping at shiny new ad boards to get our kicks now. And even that has been done in a shit way that has undermined the Trust and left them with nothing from the project except empty promises and a call for people to come and get their money back.

All facts. When folk come on here with "insight" etc. they get asked for facts or derided. Then facts get aired and it's "oh...you're just negative and have an agenda." See how it works?

You're doing a good job for Simon tho, Comrade!

1 minute ago, boundaryblue80 said:

As I said above... " It is a fact the bailiffs turned up last week. I don't know the facts of why. "

As I say, it's nothing to feel positive about. We are clapping at shiny new ad boards to get our kicks now. And even that has been done in a shit way that has undermined the Trust and left them with nothing from the project except empty promises and a call for people to come and get their money back.

All facts. When folk come on here with "insight" etc. they get asked for facts or derided. Then facts get aired and it's "oh...you're just negative and have an agenda." See how it works?

You're doing a good job for Simon tho, Comrade!

You haven't given any facts though...

I kid you not but on Saturday I felt optimistic about our near future for the first time since Johnson jumped ship, Clarke, Gerrard, Holloway, McLaughlin, Fane, Green, Flynn, Wilson  could provide us with something to build on for next season and a few quality signings in key positions could see us competing at the right end of the table, which as fans is all that we hope for. Corney called me out for being negative and that's his perogative but I just prefer to see it as that's my view which some agree with and no doubt others disagree, everyone's expectations are different but at the end of the day we all want the same thing.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

You haven't given any facts though...

You're right...silly me...I should've been there at the door of the club snapping photo's of the bailiffs...

And that Trust statement over the scoreboard fund must be a figure of everyone's imagination...

You see deyres42, I'll give you another fact...I could tell you the sun will come up in the morning and you'll still say it isn't a fact.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Just now, yarddog73 said:

I kid you not but on Saturday I felt optimistic about our near future for the first time since Johnson jumped ship, Clarke, Gerrard, Holloway, McLaughlin, Fane, Green, Flynn, Wilson  could provide us with something to build on for next season and a few quality signings in key positions could see us competing at the right end of the table, which as fans is all that we hope for. Corney called me out for being negative and that's his perogative but I just prefer to see it as that's my view which some agree with and no doubt others disagree, everyone's expectations are different but at the end of the day we all want the same thing.

I thought similar last April after the first Shezurrection. Even uttered words of pushing for top 10 etc. Then look what happened...all summer with barely any players and no manager. Only to appoint a duffer & some chronically poor players in the scramble.

Yet more facts!

Just now, boundaryblue80 said:

You're right...silly me...I should've been there at the door of the club snapping photo's of the bailiffs...

And that Trust statement over the scoreboard fund must be a figure of everyone's imagination...

I could tell you the sun will come up in the morning and you'll still say it isn't a fact.

You've said bailiffs turned up without giving any context, I'd say that's more shitstirring than fact.

Of course if true it is not a good thing, nobody would suggest otherwise.