Further info on winding up petition process

8 hours ago, davidshaw said:

Sometimes, in situations like this, you just have to step back and default to common sense and see what it tells you:-

New stand built

"New" manager hired to try and keep us in the division (on a decent contract)

Six figure sum spent on a striker - on good wages too - with a decent length contract

Key players signed up on longer term contracts

Ground continues to be developed e.g. perimeter advertising

Everyone within the club pulling together and focussing energy to avoid the drop

Does common sense tell you that the above are actions indicative of a club about to pull the plug, be wound up, wanting to shaft everybody in sight etc. or does it tell you it's a club that has an eye on the future, has been through some very tough times and has managed to turn the corner?

An expert "in the know" (aren't they always) in one pub on Saturday was telling some people that the master plan had always been to build houses on BP and it was imminent; "Imminent I tell you!" - I simply replied, "Oh right, so which genius in the master plan spent millions on a new stand/facility knowing full well it would have to be demolished - imminently - to make way for houses in the close season".

Some will be pleased to know that this will be my last comment on the matter - and when the usual miscreants continue to create fog around our future, please just remember to revert to common sense. It will serve you well.

Some of us will remember the curious types who used to carry billboards around footy grounds proclaiming - "The end is nigh". Ermmm... no it wasn't.

Similarities with some of our supposed fans constantly harping on about the end being nigh for Latics. No it's not and I am not alone in really look forward to next season.

Ŵhy?

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, davidshaw said:

Sometimes, in situations like this, you just have to step back and default to common sense and see what it tells you:-

New stand built

"New" manager hired to try and keep us in the division (on a decent contract)

Six figure sum spent on a striker - on good wages too - with a decent length contract

Key players signed up on longer term contracts

Ground continues to be developed e.g. perimeter advertising

Everyone within the club pulling together and focussing energy to avoid the drop

Does common sense tell you that the above are actions indicative of a club about to pull the plug, be wound up, wanting to shaft everybody in sight etc. or does it tell you it's a club that has an eye on the future, has been through some very tough times and has managed to turn the corner?

For the ten thousandth time, why can some people not see the wood for the trees. There are none so blind as those that will not see

Does it have to be proven that there has always been a masterplan for failure or could we just simply have stumbled towards the precipice accidently.

I urge the Trust to redouble their efforts to obtain more information from the club on a regular basis however difficult it might currently be.

13 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I seem to remember guaranteed use of Boundary Park as a football ground runs out in around 2032, is that about right? Not that far off really.

Isn't there also the small matter of c.£6m owed to TTA, or is that covered by your BP debt? Which they said would only be called in if we reach the Premiership? Is that promise in writing?

It is Worcester. I will add the amount in, and the dodgy loans, but I didn't add the dodgy laosn just yet as I was hoping to get an amount.

Necarcu is owned by Graham Middleton. For a year also by Michael Middleton but he resigned. Michael Middleton is emplyed by Middleton solicitors now a large firm of solicitors in Liverpool founded by Alan Middleton.
Alan Middleton was fined for knowingly emloying a struck off solicitor and failing to disclose he had a temporary ban by the FA.
https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/partner-and-football-agent-fined-for-employing-banned-solicitor/5060398.article

Alan Middleton is the father of Graham and Michael Middleton.

I love the assumption that money from the Chaddy End houses and NHS parking has been "pocketed".

That statement suggests that the money was taken out of the business into the personal wealth of our owners.

Given the level of losses and financial challenge we are in, I would imagine at best this would have been used to reduce the losses / need for loans and bailout payments.

Would I begrudge a business owner looking to reduce / cover debts through maximising the available resources, albeit aspects that are "one-offs" aka selling the family silver? No, not an ideal situation but needs must sometimes.

We are a loss making business(s), and people have to be realistic as to what that means and how difficult that is to manage.

35 minutes ago, singe said:

Necarcu is owned by Graham Middleton. For a year also by Michael Middleton but he resigned. Michael Middleton is emplyed by Middleton solicitors now a large firm of solicitors in Liverpool founded by Alan Middleton.
Alan Middleton was fined for knowingly emloying a struck off solicitor and failing to disclose he had a temporary ban by the FA.
https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/partner-and-football-agent-fined-for-employing-banned-solicitor/5060398.article

Alan Middleton is the father of Graham and Michael Middleton.

Alan Middleton is also an FA registered football agent - http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/intermediaries/fa-registered-intermediaries-list 

He was also fined £30,000.00 for Fronting (acting as a frontman for an unlicensed representative) in the transfer of Calum Chambers to Arsenal - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/26/arsenal-fined-warned-breaching-agent-rules-calum-chambers-fa 

On 18/04/2017 at 11:40 AM, davidshaw said:

I`ve said before I`m not going to get involved in petty arguing boundary. Someone on here from the Trust stated the Trust's number one priority is to ensure the survival of Latics. They have very little influence over that in reality. The one massive way they can assist is by encouraging more support in lots of different ways. More support equals more cash-flow = better chance of survival. It's called a shared aim (of course the club has a responsibility too). If you were to come on here and read some of the Trust members' comments - you might get the impression they are trying to put people off supporting the club and not to actually come and support Latics.

There is a constant stream of negativity - Latics will be here next season - so let's support them instead of constantly having a go about things none of us can really influence.

Interesting that you quoted me saying "it's the clubs number one priority...not The Trusts!" regarding ensuring fans come through the gate and you class it as "petty arguing" It massively speaks volumes about you!

Also, I love the notion that nobody can influence anything. You're wrong. Last summer, the protest group made noises at how the club was being run as it rid itself of players and manager and the club responded by stating they'd been to China to seek investment. The pressure over the WUP's and Scoreboard has also seen the club issue statements and give us some information. Which has shown the mess they've got themselves into and the need to take loans from a dodgy scouse company.

While club decisions may or may not have be influenced by protest or written on here ...you have no idea if the pressure has affected any decisions. You're guessing...which is what yourself and your sort like to throw at people like myself. My belief is that some protesting has had an effect on some things. Indeed, it was comments on here that saw the club extend the period of time for those donating to the scoreboard to collect a refund should they wish to. You're either naive or ignorant to believe that we can't affect things. There will have been naysayers just like you at Brighton. I bet most are glad that fans pushed on for a better future now.

I've no doubt the end goal (in my eyes) of getting Corney to move on is unreachable until the end game that he and his 2 mates in New York seek has been reached (houses built all over the back of BP and Little Wembley and the stand finished). In the meantime, his shit decisions can be highlighted and at times, affected. You can live blissfully unaware of that and leave it to others to do what they can to better the club. I've got no doubt whatsoever that had it not been thanks to the Trust trying to obtain a scoreboard for the club, we wouldn't have these LED advertising boards now. It's just a shame Corneys sleight of hand has robbed the Trust of any reward for their work. That is completely lost on you though as you continue to undermine the Trust.

Edited by boundaryblue80

3 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Alan Middleton is also an FA registered football agent - http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/intermediaries/fa-registered-intermediaries-list 

He was also fined £30,000.00 for Fronting (acting as a frontman for an unlicensed representative) in the transfer of Calum Chambers to Arsenal - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/26/arsenal-fined-warned-breaching-agent-rules-calum-chambers-fa 

Is that legal? To be loaning money to clubs as an agent?

2 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I've no doubt the end goal (in my eyes) of getting Corney to move on is unreachable until the end game that he and his 2 mates in New York seek has been reached (houses built all over the back of BP and Little Wembley and the stand finished). In the meantime, his shit decisions can be highlighted and at times, affected. You can live blissfully unaware of that and leave it to others to do what they can to better the club. I've got no doubt whatsoever that had it not been thanks to the Trust trying to obtain a scoreboard for the club, we wouldn't have these LED advertising boards now. It's just a shame Corneys sleight of hand has robbed the Trust of any reward for their work. That is completely lost on you though as you continue to undermine the Trust.

I have agreed with most of your posts on this subjects and many others, but personally don't see this as being the end game. The houses behind the Chaddy struggled to sell, I don't see any land developer being keen on building more there. I think as a location, the car park of a football stadium, that has function rooms, a  gym, a sportswear shop and constant traffic may not be too high on the wish list. This all opinions and conjecture, and while I agree that the club would be better if SC sold up to someone who has the finances to move us forward, I don't think they would have spent so long here and they money they have just to sell the land now.

Just now, opinions4u said:

Well it might explain our low agents bill.

Yeah, quite.

This is quite long from here, but I've highlighted some bits in bold. The club are sailing very very close to the wind here.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/intermediaries/agent-regulations

An Intermediary or an Intermediary’s Organisation shall not have an interest in a Club. Similarly, a Player, Club, Club Official or Manager shall not have any interest in the business or affairs of an Intermediary or an Intermediary’s Organisation.

Such interest shall be defined as:

(a) beneficial ownership of more than 5% of any entity, firm or company through which the activities of the Club or Intermediary (as applicable) are conducted and/or

(b) being in a position or having any association that may enable the exercise of a material, financial, commercial, administrative, managerial or any other influence over the affairs of the Club or Intermediary (as applicable) whether directly or indirectly and whether formally or informally.

An interest for the purposes of clauses (a) and (b) above includes an interest of:

(i) a spouse, child, stepchild, parent or sibling of the Intermediary, Player, Club Official or Manager (as applicable); and/or

(ii) a company in which any legal or beneficial interest or any proportion or share is held by the Intermediary, Player, Club Official or Manager or any spouse, child, stepchild, parent or sibling of the Intermediary, Player, Club Official or Manager (as applicable) (save for a holding of less than 5% ); and/or

(iii) a company over whose affairs financial, commercial, administrative, managerial or any other control or influence can be exercised by the individual or any spouse, child, stepchild, parent or sibling of the Intermediary, Player, Club Official or Manager (as applicable).

5 minutes ago, View Of Golden Gate said:

I have agreed with most of your posts on this subjects and many others, but personally don't see this as being the end game. The houses behind the Chaddy struggled to sell, I don't see any land developer being keen on building more there. I think as a location, the car park of a football stadium, that has function rooms, a  gym, a sportswear shop and constant traffic may not be too high on the wish list. This all opinions and conjecture, and while I agree that the club would be better if SC sold up to someone who has the finances to move us forward, I don't think they would have spent so long here and they money they have just to sell the land now.

They're already building a load more there. Some almost done, some halfway through. Once they've exhausted behind the Chaddy the plan next is Little Wembley. The monies will complete the OEC and then they'll sell it. Like you say...selling the houses could take some time. The whole thing will. The end game will take a long time.....where will we be by then?

6 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

Yeah, quite.

This is quite long from here, but I've highlighted some bits in bold. The club are sailing very very close to the wind here.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/intermediaries/agent-regulations

And there you have it.....

I'd say it's more than close to the wind.

10 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

They're already building a load more there. Some almost done, some halfway through. Once they've exhausted behind the Chaddy the plan next is Little Wembley. The monies will complete the OEC and then they'll sell it. Like you say...selling the houses could take some time. The whole thing will. The end game will take a long time.....where will we be by then?

I might have dreamt it, but wasn't there a plan for a hotel/travelodge type complex within or adjoining to the North stand? Or was that in the original drawings on display for the Lancaster ground development?

6 minutes ago, underdog said:

I might have dreamt it, but wasn't there a plan for a hotel/travelodge type complex within or adjoining to the North stand? Or was that in the original drawings on display for the Lancaster ground development?

The poster Simoncorneyisgod reported the hotel on here.

43 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

The end game is May 8 isn't it...? ??

4 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I'd like to think not. But if it was...that would only be for OAFC.

Brassbank, the OEC and Corney babysitting the project for the other 2 would continue uninterrupted.

The OEC wouldn't last two minutes without the football club.

And I just don't see the powers that be allowing a club like us to simply go to the wall.

Just now, deyres42 said:

The OEC wouldn't last two minutes without the football club.

And I just don't see the powers that be allowing a club like us to simply go to the wall.

Let's hope not. Never for one minute do I believe that is what is wanted by Simon. But I don't believe he loses as much sleep over OAFC as he lets on though. If it ceased tomorrow...it'd just be another company going to wall. A bit like Holroyds did.

Confirmation in tonight's chron that the scoreboard fans money was used for the deposit on the perimeter boards.

so if the club are offering refunds and worse case scenario, we all want our monies back or spent on another fan funded initiative  like the Jimmy Frizzell stand, then it's a possible £22k hit the club will have to absorb.

52 minutes ago, underdog said:

Confirmation in tonight's chron that the scoreboard fans money was used for the deposit on the perimeter boards.

so if the club are offering refunds and worse case scenario, we all want our monies back or spent on another fan funded initiative  like the Jimmy Frizzell stand, then it's a possible £22k hit the club will have to absorb.

Thought Simon said it was ringfenced? Bit naughty really when you look at how it all panned out.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

"The club would like to advise supporters that the scoreboard fund has not been redirected."