Further info on winding up petition process

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Please report back with a report of what happened as soon as you know. Ta. 

Your trust rep has only just retuned from holidays and has not been advised by the club of the outcome of today's court hearing.

Thats all I have at the moment I'm afraid, as soon as I/we know more I will post.

cheers

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Nothing to be worried about no one jumped on the back it and was set aside... next. 

I know one business that could have from work done not this season gone but the season before, but as they are latics fans they didn't have the heart too.

Wonder how much good will over feeding your family will it take?

If it is right (apologies I have been in a meeting for the last 3hrs) , then it's another bullet dodged for the time being, bearing in mind this was for a Feb bill

25 minutes ago, underdog said:

Your trust rep has only just retuned from holidays and has not been advised by the club of the outcome of today's court hearing.

Thats all I have at the moment I'm afraid, as soon as I/we know more I will post.

cheers

So the trust rep who is there to protect the club was on holiday when this extremely serious matter was on court? Sound

People are allowed holidays.

...but this entire thread was scaremongering bull.  

Can be closed now hopefully, along with the other rumour threads with no substance that turned out to be crap this season. 

Just now, leeslover said:

Surely there was something to be worried about? We were in a situation where the existence of the club was outside our control. I'd rather not be there again.

Me neither. But the club said it was done and it was. The rest of this thread is wild and unhelpful speculation. 

8 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Me neither. But the club said it was done and it was. The rest of this thread is wild and unhelpful speculation. 

A bit like the wild speculation that HMRC would retract things moreorless instantly.  That was unhelpful information issued by the football club.

If they don't communicate honestly and accurately wtf do they expect fans to think?

Edited by opinions4u

7 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

A bit like the wild speculation that HMRC would retract things moreorless instantly.  That was unhelpful information issued by the football club.

If they don't communicate honestly and accurately wtf do they expect fans to think?

They didn't say they WOULD retract it ffs. How many times

18 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Can we close the thread? It is getting boring in the extreme.

There are only so many times that you can have McDuff and Kowenicki telling us that they are still burying their heads in the sand until one loses the will to go on.

There's only so many times you can hear "the end is nigh" until you lose the will as well

1 hour ago, opinions4u said:

that isn't what they said and wouldn't be wild speculation if they had.  the subject is done. 

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

They didn't say they WOULD retract it ffs. How many times

Feel free to dig out the statement the club made.  Quote it in full on here and I'll quite merrily pull it apart for you bit by bit while you stick your head up your own arsehole.

1 hour ago, opinions4u said:

Feel free to dig out the statement the club made.  Quote it in full on here and I'll quite merrily pull it apart for you bit by bit while you stick your head up your own arsehole.

The liability to HMRC referred to in the winding up order had already been paid in full and we are expecting a formal retraction from HMRC in the next edition of the London Gazette. 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/march/club-statement/

"The liability to HMRC referred to in the winding up order had already been paid in full and we are expecting a formal retraction from HMRC in the next edition of the London Gazette"

It couldn't really be clearer that what the club said was something that didn't happen.  Couldn't happen.  Was nonsense.  Fuelled the flames of speculation if you like.

But we should keep a stiff upper lip because honest Simon has it all under control.

2 hours ago, opinions4u said:

"The liability to HMRC referred to in the winding up order had already been paid in full and we are expecting a formal retraction from HMRC in the next edition of the London Gazette"

It couldn't really be clearer that what the club said was something that didn't happen.  Couldn't happen.  Was nonsense.  Fuelled the flames of speculation if you like.

But we should keep a stiff upper lip because honest Simon has it all under control.

Ye so when I said they didn't say there would be a retraction you just confirmed what I said. Cheers