Further info on winding up petition process

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have a clue. Know nothing about him other than what I read on here and the Chron.

I do feel they found they had bitten off more than they could chew when the housing market went belly up.

It's only a feeling but I think they are only still here under an affordable sense of loyalty. I choose to give them the benefit of the doubt and respect them for it. If the facts change I will change my mind.

4 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

I wouldn't have a clue. Know nothing about him other than what I read on here and the Chron.

I do feel they found they had bitten off more than they could chew when the housing market went belly up.

It's only a feeling but I think they are only still here under an affordable sense of loyalty. I choose to give them the benefit of the doubt and respect them for it. If the facts change I will change my mind.

What did the housing market going belly up have to do with their interest in running our football club?

21 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

In my opinion I would say there is only one left with regards to any interest in the football side but all three are here  for business and it's loss making.

if the one left was a millionaire, why would we have we been taken to court twice by HMIRC in 12 months. on the back of the latest one shortly after we  took a £350k loan out for the daily running of the club when the previous month to that, we spent our EFL handout of an equivalent amount.

We are a loss making business, which the current chairman admits. 

How deep are his pockets, or what's left he has to sell to the other two is another matter.

I would say it's our landlords who own all the cards,

Edited by underdog

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

What did the housing market going belly up have to do with their interest in running our football club?

They put in a planning application for 600 apartment units on land backing on to the Cumberland Drive area. The locals objected (on numbers and height I seem to recall) and the application was turned down. By the time it was toned-down and resubmitted the housing market was in recession and the plan shelved.

Developing the land was at the forefront of rescuing the club. They were stuffed at the first hurdle.

From the separation of ownership of the club and the OEC it's not obvious that Mr Corney has any direct business links to Mr Blitz and Gazal. He certainly must be a multi-millionaire in his own right several times over to be able to fund the club to the tune of over a million from his own pocket.

8 hours ago, leeslover said:

From the separation of ownership of the club and the OEC it's not obvious that Mr Corney has any direct business links to Mr Blitz and Gazal. He certainly must be a multi-millionaire in his own right several times over to be able to fund the club to the tune of over a million from his own pocket.

From the start the plan was to redevelop BP. The land would provide the means to do it. It has always been clear in mind what the plan was.

Failsworth was another hurdle where they hit the bracken big time. A long and expensive process that unseated the rider into the brown stuff. The council ultimately taking the wrap for the long winded failure of the planning process.

Corney obviously has access to a limited amount of funding but the scuffles with HMRC and alleged dealings with 'last resort lenders', (my impression only from what I read on here) indicate funds aren't free flowing. And not forgetting last seasons ST giveaway.

We also don't know how much his last two novice managers have cost to jettison.

From a business perspective the guy is an ox.

I do hope him and Sheridan can muster something out of this coming season. We are all due a break.

By a @LeeHemmings91 on Twitter yesterday who is a Bolton fan:

Sat next to Oldhams chairman playing blackjack in Manc on Saturday (google searched to see if he was chatting shit. He wasn't)1/2 #bwfc

He showed me texts between him and Ken, We still haven't paid them for our away allocation. 11k. Today doesn't surprise me 2/2 #bwfc

Edited by lookersstandandy

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

11k? Slightly under on that figure methinks...

Quite a lot of Bolton fans probably brought along their free carer.

On a serious note what sometimes happens is away tickets are released in blocks so they may have paid for an initial allocation before a second was released.

31 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

By a @LeeHemmings91 on Twitter yesterday who is a Bolton fan:

Sat next to Oldhams chairman playing blackjack in Manc on Saturday (google searched to see if he was chatting shit. He wasn't)1/2 #bwfc

He showed me texts between him and Ken, We still haven't paid them for our away allocation. 11k. Today doesn't surprise me 2/2 #bwfc

Ironic if true.

3 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Never seen this expression before-is it good or bad?

Totally original I'm afraid. It just popped into my bonce.

Meaning: Whatever comes his way he never seems to tire of dealing with it.

Whether it's good or bad I will leave to your interpretation.