Swedish Fans

Coming over from Sweden for the match against Fleetwood next week. For me, there has been only OAFC since the 90s but this is the first time I go over to see the Latics live. Is there any nice pub where you can have a beer before the game? / Adam Andersson City of Växjö Sweden

Edited by SwedishLatics

2 hours ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

I've got no Ikea.

The Clayton Arms has shut since you last went. And the Queens is now a shisha café. 

Rifle Range and White Hart are your best bet as Jorvik says. Clayton Green and Old Grey Mare are both nearer but aren't that great, we tend to leave them to the away fans.

4 hours ago, SwedishLatics said:

Coming over from Sweden for the match against Fleetwood next week. For me, there has been only OAFC since the 90s but this is the first time I go over to see the Latics live. Is there any nice pub where you can have a beer before the game? / Adam Andersson City of Växjö Sweden

White Hart on Rochdale Road is the busiest and best pre and post match pub and about a 10 to 15 minute walk to the ground - not to be confused with the White Hart Lydgate (which has happened before now). 

If you like, or want to try, real ale the Ashton Arms in Oldham Town Centre is good. About £5 in a taxi from there to the White Hart. 

2 hours ago, SwedishLatics said:

Hello again. We will stay at The Victoria Hotel in Hollinwood Ave. Is taxi the best way to get to White Hart?  Some good restaurants in Oldham? Grateful for any tip. / Adam

From there I would say a taxi is your best bet. Shouldnt cost too much, would like to think under £10, and easier than a bus.

As for restraunts, Mazzos (Italian) is nice in Royton and the Ancora (another Italian) is okay and is on the way back to your hotel from the ground. Both only open in the evening though (I may be wrong). If you fancy an Indian theres plenty decent ones around. If your fairly casual about it I suppose your best bet is to ask people in the White Hart Saturday and go from there.

23 minutes ago, Oafc88 said:

From there I would say a taxi is your best bet. Shouldnt cost too much, would like to think under £10, and easier than a bus.

As for restraunts, Mazzos (Italian) is nice in Royton and the Ancora (another Italian) is okay and is on the way back to your hotel from the ground. Both only open in the evening though (I may be wrong). If you fancy an Indian theres plenty decent ones around. If your fairly casual about it I suppose your best bet is to ask people in the White Hart Saturday and go from there.

Second recommendation for Mazzo but you would need to make a reservation. The 2 smokehouses in Oldham town centre (Smoke Yard and Jack's Smokehouse) are informal. La Via is a tapas restaurant fairly close to where you are staying. Depends what you fancy!

If you have Uber, it should cost you around £8 to the White Hart but they aren't plentiful on the outskirts of Manchester. 

On 30 March 2017 at 3:57 PM, SwedishLatics said:

There is is also the 02 suite in the corner of the ground rifle or White Hart best before the game.

But many lads this year from Holland, Germany and often come in here after the game.

Once again thank you for all the feedback. Really hope to meet some of you at White Hart before the game tomorrow. Talked with a girl on twitter, she was from Texas (Ashley Oldham). She wrote that she had a really fucking nice time when she was over. Time to go to Copenhagen to board our first class flight (EasyJet :D) ..but first few hours of work / Adam

On 07/04/2017 at 5:46 AM, SwedishLatics said:

Once again thank you for all the feedback. Really hope to meet some of you at White Hart before the game tomorrow. Talked with a girl on twitter, she was from Texas (Ashley Oldham). She wrote that she had a really fucking nice time when she was over. Time to go to Copenhagen to board our first class flight (EasyJet :D) ..but first few hours of work / Adam

We have history with Latics supporting American girlsB)