Bristol Rovers

Anyone heard anything about tickets for this one?

not sure their away capacity is very big and with it being Easter Monday there isn't much time for advance ticketing....need to get mine posted and don't want to miss this one especially as I can't get Wimbledon tickets

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be huge whatever happens in the Fleetwood and Bolton games. 

Given that we only have a handful of tickets for the Wimbledon match i'd hope we'd be taking a big following to Bristol....the away allocation is only just over 1000 and this will effectively be the last away game for those that can't secure Wimbledon tickets.

The support at Southend was brilliantly vocal but only 285 which I thought was really poor given the situation we're in and what Shez has done since arriving

So come on everyone, Easter Monday in Bristol !!

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

Given that we only have a handful of tickets for the Wimbledon match i'd hope we'd be taking a big following to Bristol....the away allocation is only just over 1000 and this will effectively be the last away game for those that can't secure Wimbledon tickets.

The support at Southend was brilliantly vocal but only 285 which I thought was really poor given the situation we're in and what Shez has done since arriving

Count me in and at least another 3 with me. 

2 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

How can the following of 285 be poor? We are talking Southend here, not a half hour journey.

4 minutes ago, disjointed said:

How can the following of 285 be poor? We are talking Southend here, not a half hour journey.

Bolton took 680 on Tuesday night which was a great effort, coincidentally 9340 were at Southend  in total and they've sold over 2000 tickets for Charlton game, it just shows what competing in the top 6 can do.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Bolton took 680 on Tuesday night which was a great effort, coincidentally 9340 were at Southend  in total and they've sold over 2000 tickets for Charlton game, it just shows what competing in the top 6 can do.

Its all relevant to the size of each clubs home support.

25 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Bigger club chasing promotion takes more than a small club down at the bottom.

id say our following was ok.  Bolton's disappointing.  

I still think this is the big one regardless of Saturday's result....if we beat Bolton then we can pretty much secure safety on Monday with a win and if we lose then Bristol becomes a potential must win

This is the last away game opportunity for many given the Wimbledon ticket situation so really surprised if we don't take good numbers, seems very quiet on here and the club don't push things....surely they should be all over this trying to sell the lot. 

Agree with deyres42, Bristol on a bank holiday is likely to be a nightmare traffic-wise.  Not going to stop me from going of course!

As for spaces, at a stretch we might sell out the terrace in the corner but there are seats behind the goal that are there for away fans too so we aren't going to be short on space.

I'm going due to how close it is for me but it's not a ground I like going to.  Partly due to the layout of the ground being odd and the view from the away end being pretty crap, but also because we lose there a lot.  Usually to a late goal!

5 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Agree with deyres42, Bristol on a bank holiday is likely to be a nightmare traffic-wise.  Not going to stop me from going of course!

As for spaces, at a stretch we might sell out the terrace in the corner but there are seats behind the goal that are there for away fans too so we aren't going to be short on space.

I'm going due to how close it is for me but it's not a ground I like going to.  Partly due to the layout of the ground being odd and the view from the away end being pretty crap, but also because we lose there a lot.  Usually to a late goal!

The terracing probably houses near 1000. We won't get near that. Most probably 350ish.

I'll be doing the Bristol double this weekend anyway...

Edited by NewBlue

Guest davidshaw
6 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Bristol is a nice place but I have no desire to travel there and back on a bank holiday.

Big factor this - M6 and M5 on a bank holiday - frightening thought and could turn into the absolute journey from hell. Was intending to go but not so sure - have had one horrendous bank holiday travelling experience on this route once in the past - the whole of the West Midlands population seemed to be heading to and from the south west - 7 hour journey to Brizzle from memory.

On 5 April 2017 at 0:50 PM, yarddog73 said:

That bolton following is much closer to 'poor' than ours.

16 minutes ago, Latics_Fanatic said:

I assume as a proportion of their home support, it's massively poor.

Well they've sold out 4300 for Saturday and could of sold the same again, this proportion of home support means nothing, all it does is highlight how shit our home attendances actually are. We will always finish above them in these sorts of tables, all it does is highlight how bad we are at marketing our home games and getting home fans on board.

54 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Well they've sold out 4300 for Saturday and could of sold the same again, this proportion of home support means nothing, all it does is highlight how shit our home attendances actually are. We will always finish above them in these sorts of tables, all it does is highlight how bad we are at marketing our home games and getting home fans on board.

Firstly, you've no idea that they could have sold out twice over, pure guesswork. Secondly, to use a game where they could potentially gain promotion as a yardstick is ludicrous. 

We have amazing away support, MK Dongs have shite away support and there is a range in between. The statistics illustrate that.

Edited by Magic Mikey
Edit: Dongs for Dings