Bristol Rovers

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Your logic being? 

They get big crowds, we get small ones.

They are flying at the top, we are drowning at the bottom.

Southend would have been a new ground in a seaside town on a sunny day for many of them, we play them every few months.

I could probably think of more if you wish..?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Well we might have nothing left in the tank after today, but my word that's lifted a lot of pressure off Monday's game!

Same team as today?  Holloway in place of Ngoo of course.

Holloway and Taylor will probably come back in, 

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Well we might have nothing left in the tank after today, but my word that's lifted a lot of pressure off Monday's game!

12 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

Holloway and Taylor will probably come back in, 

Not bad when we can freshen up the team with Holloway , Taylor & Gerrard !!!

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Would like to see Flynn get a chance. 

There's obviously a reason why he doesn't get a chance. He's probably just as lazy a fuck in training , walking about like he don't give two squirts of piss, as he is on matches. Get rid of bad eggs like him. Shez will do the right thing. 

17 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

There's obviously a reason why he doesn't get a chance. He's probably just as lazy a fuck in training , walking about like he don't give two squirts of piss, as he is on matches. Get rid of bad eggs like him. Shez will do the right thing. 

Does seem strange,Shez was praising him a few weeks ago, perhaps an alternative theory is that he has reached a certain number of appearances triggering either a contract payment or an offer of a contract for next season.

5 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Rest all of the heroes that played today. They don't deserve to be made to travel all the way to Bristol on a Bank Holiday Monday after that effort today. Put your feet up lads and see you all on Saturday...

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Harsh. Plenty of these 'bad eggs' are now considered totally differently after a bit of form under Shez.

Was he even that lazy, or just inconsistent like the rest of them? He clearly has talent and has played well on his day - of the few wins we had early season, the common denominator was usually a Flynn performance.

Perhaps Shez doesn't think he fits into the side. It doesn't automatically mean he's lazy, not arsed etc.

21 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Harsh. Plenty of these 'bad eggs' are now considered totally differently after a bit of form under Shez.

Was he even that lazy, or just inconsistent like the rest of them? He clearly has talent and has played well on his day - of the few wins we had early season, the common denominator was usually a Flynn performance.

Perhaps Shez doesn't think he fits into the side. It doesn't automatically mean he's lazy, not arsed etc.

Just the impression he leaves on me. I could be wrong. I don't rate him and neither does the gaffer by the looks of it. There is clearly something amiss as he can not catch the starting 11,  nor does he get brought on, at all, ever. 

15 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Just the impression he leaves on me. I could be wrong. I don't rate him and neither does the gaffer by the looks of it. There is clearly something amiss as he can not catch the starting 11,  nor does he get brought on, at all, ever. 

Wasnt he brought on last week?

14 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

What makes me doubt the whole lazy thing is that he came here with a reputation of being a proper hard-worker at Sheffield United. Maybe his mentality has changed at a club with less expectation, I don't know.

I don't want us to be premature in judging him though. He was a regular in a play-off team for several years and I'd like to see him given the opportunity in an improved side. Utimately not everybody is a leader and we've stuck with players who have made far fewer positive contributions than Flynn.

5 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

What makes me doubt the whole lazy thing is that he came here with a reputation of being a proper hard-worker at Sheffield United. Maybe his mentality has changed at a club with less expectation, I don't know.

I don't want us to be premature in judging him though. He was a regular in a play-off team for several years and I'd like to see him given the opportunity in an improved side. Utimately not everybody is a leader and we've stuck with players who have made far fewer positive contributions than Flynn.

Fair enough. I'd like to be proven wrong but I'd be less surprised to see him tip up at a bottom division club, than to become a fans fave here. Let's see. 

On 4/2/2017 at 7:10 PM, Flemboy said:

Will be ample room and should be potd.Loads of standing on the side and seats behind the goals.

Last time I went we lost 1-0 when Penney was their manager!!!

Just put Penney into google to see what he was up to these days. 

This turned up: Passed me by at the time: 

http://www.thornegazette.co.uk/news/crime/ex-doncaster-rovers-manager-dave-penney-admits-assaulting-police-officer-1-7540705

16 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Just put Penney into google to see what he was up to these days. 

This turned up: Passed me by at the time: 

http://www.thornegazette.co.uk/news/crime/ex-doncaster-rovers-manager-dave-penney-admits-assaulting-police-officer-1-7540705

He's Adam Lockwood's assistant at Guisley now. 

Bit of advice needed from any local to the area...

Eyeing this one up but will be bringing the missus and baby along. Bit of shopping together in the centre then leave them to carry on while I duck away to the footie. Any info on where's best to park in town for shopping area, and the best way of getting from there to the ground and back on public transport would be great. Much obliged.