Bristol Rovers

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we weren't safe before today, we are now.

Swindon can't catch us, and Vale are in no way capable of picking up 7pts from their remaining 3 games.

Away trips to Pompey and Plymouth to look forward to next season.

10 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Swindon can't catch us, and Vale are in no way capable of picking up 7pts from their remaining 3 games.

Agreed.  But I want us to beat Dale and end their season.

1 minute ago, thetramfixer said:

now that would be ironic, and even funny as they were banging on earlier in the season that they'd gain promotion AND relegate us! 

fingers crossed 

smug bunch (for some inexplicable reason), lets ruin their year.

Missed Holloway there.

Was competitive, ultimately separated by the one bit of quality. Shape was decent but little cutting edge ultimately.

We had some joy down both flanks with Tope and McLaughlin but no target in the middle.

Felt a bit of a non-event. Think we all know we're safe and most of the action came in the stands. Was a strange one.

31 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

I well remember a certain team winning the final 3 games in the Premiership to stay up against all odds.  I'll not be satisfied until it is mathematically assured.

I'm with you, but I'd have snapped your hand off at Christmas to be in this position with two games to go. 

25 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

smug bunch (for some inexplicable reason), lets ruin their year.

Yes what an achievement it would be, may I suggest the couple of million they have in the bank and being around the play offs which will result in a top 8 finish is better than our huge club has managed for many a year, I really don't get the obsession some of our fans have with Dale, showing that your bothered by them really does demonstrate how far we've sunk.

59 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Don't see Vale picking up a single point....and also Doncaster, Rotherham, Wigan and possibly Blackburn to look forward to.

Hat off to those who made the journey to Bristol today, can't fault you.

I opted to watch Salford City play Curzon Ashton instead, 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.

I won't call League 1 ever again. That was Sunday League stuff. Ollie Banks would look like Zinedine Zidane thrown into either of those two midfields. 

35 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Don't see Vale picking up a single point....and also Doncaster, Rotherham, Wigan and possibly Blackburn to look forward to.

I would love Birmingham to go down after the way the treated Rowett. Zola is in the financially privileged position where he can just walk away and not even take responsibilty by fighting to the end. He has destroyed that team in half a season.

2 minutes ago, astottie said:

I would love Birmingham to go down after the way the treated Rowett. Zola is in the financially privileged position where he can just walk away and not even take responsibilty by fighting to the end. He has destroyed that team in half a season.

Zola has now resigned, 2 wins in 22!

there's still a chance they may get relegated, 

14 minutes ago, Break The Silence said:

Hat off to those who made the journey to Bristol today, can't fault you.

I opted to watch Salford City play Curzon Ashton instead, 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.

I won't call League 1 ever again. That was Sunday League stuff. Ollie Banks would look like Zinedine Zidane thrown into either of those two midfields. 

Watched the reverse fixture of that. Thought the standard was okay, although I've watched a lot of non-league so maybe I'm accustomed to it...

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes what an achievement it would be, may I suggest the couple of million they have in the bank and being around the play offs which will result in a top 8 finish is better than our huge club has managed for many a year, I really don't get the obsession some of our fans have with Dale, showing that your bothered by them really does demonstrate how far we've sunk.

Does that mean the fans need to be smug and so condescending to the likes of.. well.. pretty much every other club?

No it doesn't.

34 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Watched the reverse fixture of that. Thought the standard was okay, although I've watched a lot of non-league so maybe I'm accustomed to it...

It was my first time watching non-league today, went with the father-in-law who's a Salford City season ticket holder.

I went with an open mind, and i've seen more than my fair share of shit games at BP, but it was terrible.

There was plenty of endeavour but a complete and utter lack of quality, they literally couldn't string 3 passes together, either team.

3 minutes ago, Break The Silence said:

It was my first time watching non-league today, went with the father-in-law who's a Salford City season ticket holder.

I went with an open mind, and i've seen more than my fair share of shit games at BP, but it was terrible.

There was plenty of endeavour but a complete and utter lack of quality, they literally couldn't string 3 passes together, either team.

Was that with or without George Green, I've seen him play twice for Salford and he was man of the match both games.

2 hours ago, frizzell54 said:

I well remember a certain team winning the final 3 games in the Premiership to stay up against all odds.  I'll not be satisfied until it is mathematically assured.

Yes but a difference there was that palace had only to be overtaken by us to go down. Vale could get 7 points and we could still be safe because another 3 would have to over take us including Bury who would need 5 from 3 games. At the risk of playing hostage to fortune I think we are safe.