• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Fake news that. All our grass cutting equipments has been repossessed by the bailiffs :D

That mower does look new. Maybe we severed ties with the company that shafted us (pitch wise) last pre season and we've linked up with a new one, I did see a landscaping company on the new advertising boards on Saturday based in Cheshire so it's not unfeasible that we have purely switched supplier.

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

That mower does look new. Maybe we severed ties with the company that shafted us (pitch wise) last pre season and we've linked up with a new one, I did see a landscaping company on the new advertising boards on Saturday based in Cheshire so it's not unfeasible that we have purely switched supplier.

Its very feasible.  Also I suspect equipment allegedly repo'd might be leased and might merely have been end of lease.  I had what looked like a shiny new merc 'repo'd' quite recently..... well, actually it was end of lease and it was time for it to go back.

17 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Or maybe various bits of equipment have been repossessed. Like they have. Why would you pay for supplimentary floodlights or grounds equipment when you can barely pay the tax? 

You see this is the kind of post we want. concrete proof.  Post what you know, in detail please.   I'm serious, I like facts, just cant be bothered with rumours.

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You see this is the kind of post we want. concrete proof.  Post what you know, in detail please.   I'm serious, I like facts, just cant be bothered with rumours.

The lads at North Korea Fan TV state this bloke doesn't shit or piss. Concrete proof. 

202c10885b9b16afd882c3e31475405d.png

Guest davidshaw

Generally, I like to be positive about Latics. Does anyone, though, have a little nagging doubt like I do about the early kick-off? I can't remember us ever doing well with an early kick-off - but my memory might be playing tricks.

Though I regularly read OWTB, I rarely post.

When I first saw this issue, I resisted replying, feeling it would quickly go away.

Sadly, this has not been the case and feel I should clarify the situation.

As a Latics fan, I and my company, have worked with and provided support to the club in many ways.

Last year, as part of a commercial deal we supplied a triple mower on extended loan.

That loan period expired some time ago. Recently, we had the opportunity to turn that machine back into cash (approx £20k),without the need to depreciate our asset.

I consulted the club to advise them of this and it was agreed we would collect the machine.

At the same time, I re-affirmed our continued support with other similar initiatives at the appropriate time.

May I ask that all Latics fans now concentrate on more positive things, such as recent form, contract extensions, this week at Latics, Little Latics and roar is on to 3 points today.

2 hours ago, stevectm said:
Though I regularly read OWTB, I rarely post.

When I first saw this issue, I resisted replying, feeling it would quickly go away.

Sadly, this has not been the case and feel I should clarify the situation.

As a Latics fan, I and my company, have worked with and provided support to the club in many ways.

Last year, as part of a commercial deal we supplied a triple mower on extended loan.

That loan period expired some time ago. Recently, we had the opportunity to turn that machine back into cash (approx £20k),without the need to depreciate our asset.

I consulted the club to advise them of this and it was agreed we would collect the machine.

At the same time, I re-affirmed our continued support with other similar initiatives at the appropriate time.

May I ask that all Latics fans now concentrate on more positive things, such as recent form, contract extensions, this week at Latics, Little Latics and roar is on to 3 points today.

Wrong thread.

Think you need this one about the winding up stuff

Someone needs to tell Roy on Lw that he doesn't always have to be talking and they should once in a while commentate on the actual action instead of chatting. 

If this is the standard every week no wonder people get pissed off. 

2 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Someone needs to tell Roy on Lw that he doesn't always have to be talking and they should once in a while commentate on the actual action instead of chatting. 

Our usual commentator  Mile Leyland has more control of him than his mate John Helm.

2 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Initially Roy used to irritate, but you just get used to him. He has his quirks, and today he is alongside an very experienced professional commentator in John Helm.
What Roy lacks in professional skill he more than makes up for in enthusiasm and support for Oldham.

It's nice to have the passion and knowledge of Roy, Gordon and Mike against the more bland tyes other have.
He grows on you IMHO.

5 minutes ago, singe said:

Initially Roy used to irritate, but you just get used to him. He has his quirks, and today he is alongside an very experienced professional commentator in John Helm.
What Roy lacks in professional skill he more than makes up for in enthusiasm and support for Oldham.

It's nice to have the passion and knowledge of Roy, Gordon and Mike against the more bland tyes other have.
He grows on you IMHO.

I know he loves Latics and is passionate but after 30 or so minutes I can't stand him talking over the commentatorwhen something happens or his constant yes in agreement whdn the commentator speaks.

Worst of all his the constant ignoring of the action. Out of 45 minutes there can only have been 10 minutes of actual commentary. The rest was them having a chat and Roy interuptting. I can't get used to shit talked on Sky and BT so I doubt I will get used to this...

Hate not being at the game! Which is probably the main Issue tbf

Edited by palmer1

31 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Agree

commentate   and save chat for half time  FFS