26 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

So how did the young lad Stott do?

Really well considering it was his debut in what was a big game. Got caught out once or twice positionally but that just inexperience.

Really pleasing win today 1-0 win backs to the wall against a local rival down to 10 men 2 off the bar 2 cleared off the line good atmosphere that's what football is all about.

You can tell just how much it meant to the player's aswell.

Edited by GlossopLatic

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a performance that was. Every man was brilliant. Ngoo was stupid to challenge like that after getting another silly one 10 mins before, apart from that he did well. That defense today was unstoppable all of them put their bodies on the line and you can see what that one meant to them. Ripley had literally nothing to do, got lucky twice with the crossbar but we deserved that. Fane is playing like a man possessed lately, greens for has been superb and banks was excellent. Mclaughlin was also excellent as was Clarke who always is anyway. 

Motm today for me was Stott, he wasn't our best player, but for a young kid whos been on loan at non league level all season, and being chucked in at the deep end 10 mins before the game against a big physical Bolton side I thought he was outstanding, he was marking morais most of the 2nd half, hes the form player in the league and we kept him quiet, says it all when at Full Time Clarke was straight in to Stott to celebrate with him.

what a job Sheridan has done, I'm still trying to remain low key about next season but I feel optimistic if we can keep our better players.

OMG....what a brilliant match to watch both sides playing some good stuff.

a sending off, a winning goal that the chaddy end I'm sure would have sucked in over the line if Erwin hadn't got a toe on it and a nail biting hanging  on by Connor ripley's fingertips...literally.

ohhhh if ever such a goal was sooo important.

I've cracked open a beer cheers everyone

Top clearance off the line as well as the cross bar saving us but what a great win. They weren't that good, better side first half but I thought we battled well. 7 points from sheff u fleetwood and Bolton is a great return and what will keep us up. We will loose to Rochdale who will have nowt to play for next week now!! 

The sending off helped us as tope was up top and we had more movement and could get in behind. For me we need to be signing him up as he looks decent and can play left side or up top so a couple of decent options 

18 minutes ago, daniel said:

What a performance that was. Every man was brilliant. Ngoo was stupid to challenge like that after getting another silly one 10 mins before, apart from that he did well. That defense today was unstoppable all of them put their bodies on the line and you can see what that one meant to them. Ripley had literally nothing to do, got lucky twice with the crossbar but we deserved that. Fane is playing like a man possessed lately, greens for has been superb and banks was excellent. Mclaughlin was also excellent as was Clarke who always is anyway. 

Motm today for me was Stott, he wasn't our best player, but for a young kid whos been on loan at non league level all season, and being chucked in at the deep end 10 mins before the game against a big physical Bolton side I thought he was outstanding, he was marking morais most of the 2nd half, hes the form player in the league and we kept him quiet, says it all when at Full Time Clarke was straight in to Stott to celebrate with him.

what a job Sheridan has done, I'm still trying to remain low key about next season but I feel optimistic if we can keep our better players.

100% agree with this post.Great win

No idea going forward until Ngoo was sent off and Tope went up top. Credit to Shez for resisting the temptation to leave Erwin up front alone. 

Echo thoughts on Stott. Shaky start but grew into it and a debut to be proud of.

Whist not wanting to take the shine off Stott's excellent debut, i thought Fane was outstanding again today, he has got the hang of controlling the ball comfortably and not deliberating over his passing. he has a massive engine and his timing of the tackle has improved greatly.

The whole midfield played well today but yet again our defence were superb. Well done Jamie Stott you didn't look out of place, it looked as though Clarke was enjoying talking him through the game.

2 hours ago, palmer1 said:

I know he loves Latics and is passionate but after 30 or so minutes I can't stand him talking over the commentatorwhen something happens or his constant yes in agreement whdn the commentator speaks.

Worst of all his the constant ignoring of the action. Out of 45 minutes there can only have been 10 minutes of actual commentary. The rest was them having a chat and Roy interuptting. I can't get used to shit talked on Sky and BT so I doubt I will get used to this...

Hate not being at the game! Which is probably the main Issue tbf

I know it's exciting when we score, but for fuck's sake, don't talk over each other, control yourself man!

https://clyp.it/x0irxxyw

Nah give me the passion, and how much it means every day of the week.

Can't hear what they are saying for my own cheers anyway!

Times like this professionalism goes out the window, and I don't mind that, same when Gordon goes mad too!

Lets hope they have reason to lose it completely on Monday!

Edited by singe

It shows what a remarkable job Shez has done because i think that of the team that started the match today we had 9 or 10 of the players

that were here at the start of the season !!!

Sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong but absolutely brilliant Shez , well done and lets just hope he can take us on from here into a top challenging team next season.

4 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Is Stott ahead of Edmundson or is the latter injured or on loan or what?

Stott is left footed so can play in a three at the back quite well. Would really really like Stott/Clarke/Edmunson next season as our three... I like Gerard but he's not all that. Many may disagree but them two young lads are very highly rated and mature in performance for their age 

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

I know it's exciting when we score, but for fuck's sake, don't talk over each other, control yourself man!

https://clyp.it/x0irxxyw

Get a grip. He's an oldham fan. He's passionate. We just scored a goal that could guarantee avoiding relegation.

Bet when you go on holiday and football is on TV you're the guy who asks for it to be turned down because of those commentators getting to excitable 

Edited by mcfluff1985

Had to come on and say well done today.

As we're both looking for scraps in the same shark infested water I should have wanted a win for the winkies I suppose, but it was just too far against the grain after despising them for 40+ years and I found myself praying that you would hang on!

We have them on Tuesday and I'm hoping for Bradford and Fleetwood to close the gap on them so fingers crossed their nerves might be shredded by kick off time?

You are home and hosed (almost) now (jealous!) , you should offer Sheridan the freedom of your borough!