Our worst ever player

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Bruce was and is a decent player.  Neither he or Boshell shouldn't be put in the "worst ever" bracket (although as my name suggests I'm slightly biased towards Danny).

Dean Brill was a weird one.  He had the perfect build for a 'keeper and I expected him to be a great shotstopper, as it turned out he made so many gaffes and let in so many long range shots that looked comfortable to save.  Yet despite him conceding more memorable goals than a lot of keepers, he didn't actually concede that many goals in total!  This was in part down to Gregan but even in the season Gregan wasn't there we were doing well before he got replaced in January by Amos (who let in loads iirc).  

Again I'm a bit biased as he made 2 late penalty saves against Exeter which helped with family bragging rights, but if we're talking about worst ever Cornell, Budtz and Alan Blayney are ahead of him in the keeper stakes.  And that's before you mention the likes of Kangana, Kabba, Parker, Colbeck and Feeney.

On 12/04/2017 at 10:17 PM, Bristolatic said:

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Kiegan Parker and Warren Feeney. If they have, I've missed it.

On 07/04/2017 at 0:48 AM, OLDHAM MUMPS said:

Warren Feeney wins it because had a full career being shit at every club he was ever at. Glen Keeley was unbelievably bad but at least he was acceptable at other clubs

On 7 April 2017 at 0:21 AM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

We had a few in Joe Royle's days that on coming in you thought "He's going to bag thousands for us" and after watching him play a few matches you then thought "He just can't be arsed. Can he?

Yeah, talking about you Paul fucking Moulden and David fucking Currie.

I always remember Lance Key having a shocker against Newcastle on a Monday night TV game

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:06 PM, Hometownclub said:

A long long way from being our worst ever player.

I may have him confused with someone else I thought he was the guy who came on loan and got Red Carded on one of his first appearances...

17 hours ago, ShakerT said:

I may have him confused with someone else I thought he was the guy who came on loan and got Red Carded on one of his first appearances...

You're thinking of Ben Turner, who went on to play 152 Championship and 31 Premier League games so can't have been all bad. That said, his most recent achievement was a five match ban for racially abusing an opponent.

Edited by Crusoe
Match, not card. Idiot.

Molonga think that is how you spell it, should not have been anywhere near the pitch. Striker Shez's first season, scored one goal. Budtz, Blanley, Plummer, Rusnak, Reckford, Ngo'o, Rod McDonald, John Thompson, Forbes, Feeney, Parker, Worthington all seem to stand out as poor players. There will be others I am missing too, I'm sure. Honorable mention just because what he put the club through Montano, potentially a good player but a Grad A scumbag.

16 hours ago, View Of Golden Gate said:

Molonga think that is how you spell it, should not have been anywhere near the pitch.

Never made it as a player anywhere, but just looked him up and apparently he quit to study law and is now CEO of RCD Mallorca in Spain. Not bad.

Edited by Crusoe
Bloody typo

14 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Never made it as a player anywhere, but just looked him up and apparently he quite to study law and is now CEO of RCD Mallorca in Spain. Not bad.

They don't like noise when studying law?  -  Was that desk lunch a liquid one ?  :redcard:

:lol:

On 14/04/2017 at 1:23 AM, Forte_Baby said:

I always remember Lance Key having a shocker against Newcastle on a Monday night TV game

That would be the Lance Key who played 3 games in goal for us at the top level and got MoM for his role in our 1-0 win at Chelsea? Yes, definitely our worst ever player eh? 

On 13/04/2017 at 10:24 AM, the_mighty_bosh said:

Kangana, 

Full time after the 2-2 at Sheffield Wednesday and he approached the away end kissing the badge. Fairly sure he smashed a free kick on to the Chaddy End roof on his debut as well. Memorable.